Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Cloistered Convent in Detroit?

Does anyone here remember a cloistered convent in Detroit? I believe it was near West McNichols in the vicinity of the University of Detroit. Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

It was on Quincy and Santa Maria near Gesu church. I made my "2nd Holy Communion" there.

I must be missing something here. Do you recall where the 3rd and 4th were? Thanks you refreshed my old brain.

Here is a bit about the Sisters of Mary Reparatrix, with address of convent at bottom:
    Name:  sisters.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  88.5 KB
    And a picture of the convent
    Name:  convent.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  47.5 KB
    It seems that they are semi-cloistered, but there is also a cloister in FarmingtonHills
    http://www.opnuns-fh.org/

Thank you for posting the image and the write-up, jogged my memory and I do recall seeing the convent.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Here is a bit about the Sisters of Mary Reparatrix, with address of convent at bottom:
    Currently home of PIME missionaries http://www.pimeusa.org/,
    across the street from Gesu parish.