Chroma in Milwaukee Junction
MILWAUKEE JUNCTION RISING  »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 405
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...ens-1.37659133

    Sanders was introduced at the "Bernie's Back" rally in Queensbridge Park in Long Island City by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-Bronx/Queens), who formally endorsed her fellow progressive.Her campaign said Sanders (I-Vt.) drew more than 25,000 people to the park,

  2. #377

    Default Bernie’s Back: AOC Backs Sanders as 26,000 Rally in NYC at Largest Presidential Rally

    Vermont independent Senator and 2020 presidential candidate Bernie Sanders held the largest campaign rally of the primary season so far on Saturday. An estimated 26,000 supporters packed into Queensbridge Park in New York City. The event was held in the shadow of the nation’s largest public housing development. It was Sanders’s first campaign rally since he suffered a heart attack earlier this month. Sanders was joined on stage by three prominent supporters: Carmen Yulín Cruz, the mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico; filmmaker Michael Moore; and Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who volunteered on Sanders’s 2016 campaign before being elected to the House of Representatives in 2018. Ocasio-Cortez endorsed Sanders at the rally.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-21-19 at 08:37 PM.

  3. #378

    Default

    I thought this might interest Pam and some others:
    https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...ch/2458726001/
    Jack White will join Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders on Sunday at a Detroit rally.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I thought this might interest Pam and some others:
    https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...ch/2458726001/
    Jack White will join Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders on Sunday at a Detroit rally.
    I heard about that. I didn't know Jack was a Bernie Bro.

  5. #380

  6. #381

    Default

    Total duration 1 hour 50 minutes:
    Ep. 9: Please Let Me Rob You, I'm Woke (feat. Anand Giridharadas)
    While the majority of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck and one emergency away from financial peril, a new study shows that the 500 richest people in the world gained a combined $1.2 trillion in wealth in 2019. In the U.S., the richest 0.1% now control a bigger share of the pie than at any time since the beginning of the Great Depression.

    But what happens when the very people hoarding this wealth at the expense of democracy, the environment and an equitable society, re-brand themselves as the people who will fix society's problems? What happens when the arsonists pose as the firefighters?

    Anand Giridharadas has been studying these questions and he joins Michael Moore to name names and discuss what to do about it.

  7. #382

    Default

    If I have two pieces of pizza does that automatically make the rest of the world hungry?

    People act like there is $6 in a pile and there is somebody grabbing $5 for themselves which only leaves $1 for the rest of the population.

    If you want your $6 then you go get it,not everybody is going to be a millionaire and you are not going to resolve income inequality but dividing up the $6 equally because tomorrow they will want another share of the $6,Where is it going to come from?

    The problem is everybody wants to be rich,otherwise the lottery would not be in existence and people have a disconnect between wants and needs but yet expect to have their share as a right.

    I see people complaining about wealth distribution and being broke all of the time,two people living in a 2000 sqft house,both driving brand new cars while wearing designer clothing as they are dining out every night.

    On the lower income side in my hood I see rental property clean outs after tenants move the stuff is piled on the curb,furniture and hundreds of kids toys,they just go buy new stuff when they move.

    I am your savior from the bad people billionaires and make them give it to you,I will do nothing to educate you on proper spending or Finiance because that would be self reflection and when we run out of those bad billionaires money we will just have to pitch a tent and go from there.

  8. #383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If I have two pieces of pizza does that automatically make the rest of the world hungry?

    People act like there is $6 in a pile and there is somebody grabbing $5 for themselves which only leaves $1 for the rest of the population.
    God that is just one giant crap pile of ignorance, Richard, even by your standards.

  9. #384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    God that is just one giant crap pile of ignorance, Richard, even by your standards.
    No surprise that anything rational would be a foreign thought to you.

    But apparently deep down inside you agree with it because you offered nothing in return outside of reading a script.

    But that is the goal,sit back and wait for everybody else to pay your way,it is much easier to be led about.

    Face it,your socialist party is like a coffee can full of rocks rolling down a hill,makes a lot of noise without really doing anything but ending up at the bottom every time.
    Last edited by Richard; January-13-20 at 06:53 PM.

  10. #385

    Default Trump Is Getting Nervous About Bernie

    Trump Is Getting Nervous About Bernie
    Trump and Republicans have been attacking us over and over and over again the last few days. In other words, the most dangerous president in modern American history is getting a little nervous.

  11. #386

    Default

    ^ Bernie actually believes that the DNC is going to pick him over Biden just because Trump is commenting on him?

    He is going to get thrown under under the bus again,he just does not want to face the reality.

    A year ago they had Kamala Harris beating Trump ,what happened to her?
    Last edited by Richard; January-13-20 at 11:28 PM.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/01...tion-meddling/

    The hashtag #CNNIsTrash is the number one trend on Twitter as of this writing due to the network’s appalling treatment of Bernie Sanders in last night’s Democratic presidential debate in Iowa.The joint smear job against Sanders had many arms, including wildly biased questions like Wolf Blitzer deliberately associating Bernie with “Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei” by pointing out that they both want US troops out of the Middle East and demanding to know how he was going to avoid “bankrupting the country” with a healthcare plan used in nations all over the world.But by far the most glaringly egregious assault on the Vermont Senator’s image was when CNN moderator Abby Phillip took a completely evidence-free sexism smear which defies all logic and presented it to the debate audience as an established and undeniable fact.

  13. #388

    Default

    ^ poor Bernie cannot catch a break,project Vadoes has one of his organizers on tape, that is paid $2000 a month,saying cities will burn if the DNC does not pick him and his non supporters need to be sent to the gulag for re-education.

    Seriously though you really have to expect push back when you claim you want presidential power as a socialist in a country where the socialists way of life is not exactly welcomed


    The whole healthcare systems in place across the world that they keep referring to,are struggling to pay current costs let alone future costs,and we were are going to start it from scratch?

    You cannot just tell people what they want to hear,you have to be able to explain how you are going to pay for it,tax the billionaires? There are not enough billionaires even to pay for it.
    Last edited by Richard; January-16-20 at 03:40 PM.

  14. #389

    Default

    The next few weeks are going to be pretty hard on all the Democratic Senators who are running...

  15. #390

    Default

    I side with Bernie in his dispute with Elizabeth Warren. Though there is no way of knowing who is lying, Bernie seems to be more honest. He said he didn't know how much his health plan was going to cost while Sen. Warren was throwing out huge numbers and then had to back off like she did about her ancestry.

    One reason for Bernie being on the upswing as Warren's donations drop and becomes she becomes more desperate might be that Bernie is seen as the real progressive while Sen. Warren as the generic, wannabe alternative.

    Warren can't out-Bernie Bernie. "That may end up being the epitaph of the fake Indian’s fading campaign for president. Oh sure, she’s still limping along, but at every turn, Bernie is just plain … out-Bernie-ing her.However crazy she gets, Comrade Bernie gets crazier.

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I side with Bernie in his dispute with Elizabeth Warren. Though there is no way of knowing who is lying, Bernie seems to be more honest. He said he didn't know how much his health plan was going to cost while Sen. Warren was throwing out huge numbers and then had to back off like she did about her ancestry.

    One reason for Bernie being on the upswing as Warren's donations drop and becomes she becomes more desperate might be that Bernie is seen as the real progressive while Sen. Warren as the generic, wannabe alternative.

    Warren can't out-Bernie Bernie. "That may end up being the epitaph of the fake Indian’s fading campaign for president. Oh sure, she’s still limping along, but at every turn, Bernie is just plain … out-Bernie-ing her.However crazy she gets, Comrade Bernie gets crazier.
    Warren does have a history of lying, Bernie doesn't. Plus he has a history of being supportive of women's rights. He is on video from 30 years ago saying women should run for President. Warren is an idiot if she felt this would help her campaign.

  17. #392

    Default

    If Bernie was really serious about what he preaches he would re-distribute 90% of his votes to the candidates that have less then him.

  18. #393

    Default

    Looks like y'alls girl doesn't seem to care much for Bernie...

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-c...142702395.html
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-21-20 at 10:26 PM.

  19. #394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The next few weeks are going to be pretty hard on all the Democratic Senators who are running...
    But it does put them in a position as a presidential candidate to remove the competition from the ballot.

    Do you think Bernie,Warren and the others on the committee will not show bias when they have been campaigning on a get Trump platform?

    I think they should have been exempted from the process.

  20. #395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    But it does put them in a position as a presidential candidate to remove the competition from the ballot.

    Do you think Bernie,Warren and the others on the committee will not show bias when they have been campaigning on a get Trump platform?

    I think they should have been exempted from the process.
    Who are you kidding; running against Trump ought to be the gift of a lifetime for any Dem.

    That the Dems first blew it last time by nominating Hillary, then Hillary didn't help matters through some poor comments; followed by some disastrous campaign management decisions.

    I would hope, were Trump turfed, the Reps could manage a better, more competitive candidate than Trump.

    Well, ok, I sincerely hope the Reps lose; but I still would hope they could manage better than Trump, not being able to do so would be a terrible sign for the party...........not the first, but maybe the last.

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Looks like y'alls girl doesn't seem to care much for Bernie...

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-c...142702395.html
    As usual Hillary's wrong.

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/ILikeBernie?src=hash


  22. #397
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,272

  23. #398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Who are you kidding; running against Trump ought to be the gift of a lifetime for any Dem.

    That the Dems first blew it last time by nominating Hillary, then Hillary didn't help matters through some poor comments; followed by some disastrous campaign management decisions.

    I would hope, were Trump turfed, the Reps could manage a better, more competitive candidate than Trump.

    Well, ok, I sincerely hope the Reps lose; but I still would hope they could manage better than Trump, not being able to do so would be a terrible sign for the party...........not the first, but maybe the last.
    It just shows how clueless you really are.

    Hilliary did not lose because of bad campaign decisions or poor comments,she lost because she was the epiphany of entrenched politicians that have been running this country while putting the citizens in second place.

    People saw that and voted accordingly,so what does the Democratic Party do,replaced her with the exact same and expecting different results.

    Why is it Trump has done what those with a combined 200 years of political power could not do?

    The progressive California politicians are the laughing stock,claiming to be for the people and against the rich but yet there state and how it runs is a poster child of how little room is in the picture for those not rich.

    It does not take a fancy collage degree to see through the hypocrisy.

    Bottom line to those in the streets is results count,Trump has provided results,so to many he will remain the best candidate.

    One can buy the lip service being put out there currently by the left candidates from the hooker on any corner,they have not as of yet put up a competitive candidate.

    Personally I think Pelosi timed the whole impeachment delivery and process for the sole reason of pulling the progressives out of the limelight.

    They are climate change advocates but now in order to attend the Iowa caucus,which is major,they will be flying about in private jets,multiple times a day.

    Biden will be the DNCs pick,the rest are just sideshow fodder in order to make people think they matter.

    Hilliarys run already showed everybody how it works within the party of the people.

    Do not fret,they will tell you who your candidate is soon enough.

    Politics has been dirty and nasty for over 1000 years,the Dems or Republicans did not invent it,people get caught up in hating the players instead of the game and figuring out how and why it is played.
    Last edited by Richard; January-22-20 at 09:18 AM.

  24. #399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hilliary did not lose because of bad campaign decisions or poor comments,she lost because she was the epiphany of entrenched politicians that have been running this country while putting the citizens in second place.
    An "epiphany" is "a manifestation of a divine or supernatural being." I had no idea you felt that way about Ms. Clinton.

  25. #400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    An "epiphany" is "a manifestation of a divine or supernatural being." I had no idea you felt that way about Ms. Clinton.
    Name:  tup image.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  2.3 KB
    <Whispers loudly "But I think he meant "epitome"...>

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.