Joe Louis Arena Demolition
JOE LOUIS ARENA DEMOLITION »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 379
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,261

    Default Welcome to Bernie/Independent/Third Party Land

    Even though Bernie Sanders ran as a Dem in 2016, he has been representing his state of Vermont as an Indie. I thought he should get his own section. Any other Indie/3rd party stuff can also go here.

    http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...cassidy-debate

    Monday night's debate was unlikely to change anybody's mind. Amy Klobuchar offered pointed criticism of Graham-Cassidy, including its failure to protect patients with pre-existing conditions, but the evening belonged to Bernie Sanders, who not only made a passionate case for single-payer but proved himself quite adept at defending Obamacare as well. So much for centrist Democrats' concerns that he might sabotage the party's efforts to block a Republican health care bill.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Even though Bernie Sanders ran as a Dem in 2016, he has been representing his state of Vermont as an Indie. I thought he should get his own section. Any other Indie/3rd party stuff can also go here.

    http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...cassidy-debate
    There is sure to be a lot of cross over material in here.
    look forward to reading.

    Just think we had two independents running under different party systems for the office of president. One had the nomination rigged against him and the other stole it despite that party's meddling.

  3. #3

    Default

    Name:  2017-09-29 01.40.51-1.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  52.5 KB. I came up with a great slogan for Bernie if he runs in 2020. I like Tulsi Gabbard better myself but I think he could definitely win with this. I'd rock it on a T-shirt.

  4. #4

    Default

    KJ5.
    How about - "PLEASE BERNIE, JUST DO IT; PLEASE"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Name:  2017-09-29 01.40.51-1.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  52.5 KB. I came up with a great slogan for Bernie if he runs in 2020. I like Tulsi Gabbard better myself but I think he could definitely win with this. I'd rock it on a T-shirt.
    I like how Hillary said that about him like it's supposed to be a slam. He's what a Democrat is supposed to be. If he runs again, he should run third party. The Dems will just cheat him again if he runs as a Dem. The Clintonites are still in charge.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Name:  2017-09-29 01.40.51-1.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  52.5 KB. I came up with a great slogan for Bernie if he runs in 2020. I like Tulsi Gabbard better myself but I think he could definitely win with this. I'd rock it on a T-shirt.
    I'll allow it!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I like how Hillary said that about him like it's supposed to be a slam. He's what a Democrat is supposed to be. If he runs again, he should run third party. The Dems will just cheat him again if he runs as a Dem. The Clintonites are still in charge.
    I'm still torn on whether Bernie should run 3rd party, if he runs again.

    If he were to run on the Democratic Party ticket, because of his charisma and sheer popularity as president, the corporate tools will have no choice but to march along with his agenda for Berniecare, free college and a higher minimum wage as the leader of the party, or risk getting primaried.

    This sort of happened with Trump when Republicans suddenly started rallying against Free Trade and Illegal Immigrating after he won the election, but in typical Trump fashion, he's fumbled it.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Name:  2017-09-29 01.40.51-1.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  52.5 KB. I came up with a great slogan for Bernie if he runs in 2020. I like Tulsi Gabbard better myself but I think he could definitely win with this. I'd rock it on a T-shirt.

    You really need to post that to his Facebook page.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    You really need to post that to his Facebook page.
    I don't have a Facebook nor do I have any plans of getting one. 😛😎

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I don't have a Facebook nor do I have any plans of getting one. 
    Smart one,I do not know why I have one and should have deleted it long ago.

  11. #11

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Smart one,I do not know why I have one and should have deleted it long ago.

    Because you like all your personal information and activities tracked and passed around?

  13. #13

    Default

    Hah... life outside of facebook! Say it ain't so. Actually, you can never truely delete a facebook. Only put it into dormant state of inactivity I hear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Smart one,I do not know why I have one and should have deleted it long ago.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah... life outside of facebook! Say it ain't so. Actually, you can never truely delete a facebook. Only put it into dormant state of inactivity I hear..
    I only signed up to play the mafia wars game until they killed it,in the meen time it loaded all 1200 contacts onto my phone,I never played it on my phone and it does not allow me to delete it all.
    Last edited by Richard; October-05-17 at 11:39 AM.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Because you like all your personal information and activities tracked and passed around?
    It is kinda like useing google,but at the least I never put my proper date of birth and use a pre-paid debt card for any internet purchase,including PayPal.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Bernie and Larry David find out they have a connection:

    https://www.today.com/popculture/see...t-they-t117110

  17. #17

    Default

    Ick, I detest all this stuff online and on mobile phones demanding your contacts. Resist them -- you must! ---- I do. You have to think before clicking on that which leads to the forced sharing. Easy to get insnared!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I only signed up to play the mafia wars game until they killed it,in the meen time it loaded all 1200 contacts onto my phone,I never played it on my phone and it does not allow me to delete it all.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-05-17 at 10:16 PM.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Bernie invited to speak at women's convention at Cobo this month:

    http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017...ion/756532001/

    Some Hillbots are angry at the invite, but she was invited and turned it down.

    https://youtu.be/cDw_3IMshzc

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Bernie invited to speak at women's convention at Cobo this month:

    http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017...ion/756532001/

    Some Hillbots are angry at the invite, but she was invited and turned it down.

    https://youtu.be/cDw_3IMshzc

    A far better choice, IMO.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Even though some of the corporate Dems like to say Bernie is not one of them someone let him deliver the weekly Democratic address!

    https://youtu.be/5eli_8k9wiI

  22. #22

    Default

    Yeah another reason women in general did not vote for Hillary in the numbers she assumed/ expected. Additionally a percentage of feminists - including third-wave feminists - went for Sanders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Some Hillbots are angry at the invite, but she was invited and turned it down.

    https://youtu.be/cDw_3IMshzc
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-18-17 at 05:21 AM.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Even though some of the corporate Dems like to say Bernie is not one of them someone let him deliver the weekly Democratic address!

    https://youtu.be/5eli_8k9wiI
    I would bet that they just want to cash in on lingering support of Bernie since their main offering Hillary was shown the door.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    I would bet that they just want to cash in on lingering support of Bernie since their main offering Hillary was shown the door.
    Even most Democrats can read the writing on the wall.

  25. #25

    Default

    Now this is someone who's deserving enough to be called "Madame President."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCahqSnvvY

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.