Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 26 Atkinson st Detroit

Do anyone have any old info for 26 Atkinson Detroit. I need old photos from when the home was built. If possible the name of the architect who built the home too

The pre-1921 address is 12 Atkinson. The first appearance of the house in the R. L. Polk city directory is in the 1911 edition. A Dr. James H. Boulter MD is listed residing in the house. Unfortunately I could not find any reference to the house in the Freep archives. I have a feeling the house may have been designed by Baxter & O'Dell. Baxter & O'Dell would designed a house for Boulter on Virginia Park around 1914-1915. You might try Manning Brothers for an historic image. You should also try the Historic District Advisory Board, they have building permits from 1909-1924 on micro film. You should have the legal description of the house handy just in case they need it.

http://manningphotocollection.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    The pre-1921 address is 12 Atkinson. The first appearance of the house in the R. L. Polk city directory is in the 1911 edition. A Dr. James H. Boulter MD is listed residing in the house. ..

http://manningphotocollection.weebly.com/
    By the early 60's, this address was the home of MRS. BLANCHE BOOKLER - TO6-1356 .

Census records will show who lived there.

You can get a trial subscription from newspapers.com and see if any info comes up. Newspapers.com is a good resource and I always find something during the searches. Enter the address and something will pop up.
    Last edited by Michael Hojnacki; September-27-17 at 12:30 PM.

BTW, many of these homes had funerals in them so searching the address using newspapers.com might bring an obituary with additional info.