Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Well, here we go....

May 30, 2018 11:08 a.m.
    Morouns transfer ownership of train station to mystery company

• Warranty deed recorded May 23 shows ownership transfer of Michigan Central Station
    • Former Detroit Public Schools book depository building next to depot also transferred
    • Property transfer comes as Ford Motor Co. is widely expected to buy the train station

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ystery-company

the train station is officially out of the moroun's control...

Oh happy day!

So great for Detroit.
    And if the rumors are true, congratulations to Ford too!

Amazing news.

First and foremost that the station is no longer controlled by slumlord Moroun. Second, Ford has to be the buyer in some way or another to redevelop the property. Can't wait to see the redevelopment plans once Ford announces it.

First thing they should do is rip out the ugly windows the Marouns put in :-P

it's gotta be ford, the nyc law firm that was part of the transaction has Ford listed as one of it's clients on linkedin

i hope that ford buys everything that is DIBC owned in that area. get everything that can be redeveloped together. hire local people for all the construction jobs.

The station and that pitiful school book warehouse as well.

Damn. If I wasn't so flabbergasted I'd be delirious.

Giddy even.

from the Detroit News story:
    "The long-empty Michigan Central Depot and a former book depository in Detroit's Corktown neighborhood have changed ownership from the billionaire Moroun family to an entity linked to a New York law firm.

The moves come ahead of an expected mid-June announcement that Ford Motor Co. will revive the buildings as part of a new Detroit urban campus.
    Representatives for the publicity-shy Morouns did not reply to requests for comment Wednesday. Ford spokesman Said Deep declined to comment directly on the ownership swap, deferring to the company's previous statement that it expects to grow its presence in Detroit and will share details in the future".

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...oit/655647002/

I'm guessing the mystery company is Ford Land.

And LOL at that name [["Said Deep"). I've seen/heard it all now.

Very surprised they let it go. Hope to see something good happen there now!

Sounds like we're going to get an announcement next week, maybe early next week?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...ord/684510002/

I would like to see a major corporation buy the former GM headquarters where the State of Michigan hold offices. Just imagined if Ford would had sought interest in that building. It would had given the New Center area the shot in the arm that it desperately needed. Maybe Chrysler or some major international company could purchase it and make good use out of the plenty of empty office rooms that are not being used in that massive building

press conference 9 am tomorrow by matty maroun.. finally.

Wow, to think they almost finished replacing the windows!

https://twitter.com/kirkpinhocdb/sta...142615040?s=21

scaffolding and construction crews have arrived to MCS!!

18. Default Confirmed: Train station sold to Ford: 'Blue Oval will adorn the building'

It's Official. Just announced by Crain's:
    "The Ford Motor Company's Blue Oval will adorn the building."

"Moroun's confirmation of the sale comes almost two weeks after Crain's first reported a Moroun real estate entity transferred ownership of the hulking train station on May 23 to a limited liability corporation linked to Ford through a New York law firm that has done legal work for the Dearborn-based automaker.

The Morouns also sold the former Detroit Public Schools book depository building adjacent to the train station to the Ford-linked real estate holding company.

Moroun declined to divulge the sale price of the train depot and book depository building.

Ford is planning an event June 19 at Michigan Central Station to detail its plans for Corktown and the old train station, spokesman Said Deep said Monday.

The deed transfers followed months of clues that Ford has been laying the groundwork to establish a campus in Corktown — something Moroun alluded to in his remarks Monday.

Matthew Moroun, who as vice chairman has taken over day-to-day operations of his father's businesses, said he first talked with representatives from Ford on Oct. 13. He described the meeting as "the grand development I was looking for."

Only eight more days until we find out what Ford's plans are.

Incredible news today.

I have goosebumps. Never thought this would happen in my lifetime. YAY!

Excellent news but let’s no forget that DYes was first to mention this

I had written this building off in my mind as not really existing anymore. It was too painful to drive by. For first time since 1956, when the New York Central RR put it up for sale, the MC Depot has a stable owner that wants to keep it and use it for the long term. This re-use will match or exceed the Book Cadillac as being the most significant in the city and probably the state. The big arched windows, smaller sisters to those in Grand Central Terminal, will beckon anew across Roosevelt Park.

And though passenger trains won't be returning for now, this project will make it possible for them to do so someday.

Default Super excited

As a SW Detroit resident I feel like this is the most exciting news to happen in our neck of the woods in decades. Not only is this beautiful building getting saved, but the redevelopment will likely spread out enough to completely connect SW and Corktown.

I am very curious now to see what Ford's plans are next week. I am especially interested in what's going to happen with the train bridge behind the building. I'm hoping Ford is going to invest in fixing that up even though they don't own it. I'm also hoping this means someone [[maybe the City) will be working on cleaning up some of the blight and the dilapidated roads on the far side of the tracks. I can't imagine Ford building out a nice new campus in the area and having all that immediately adjacent.

I remember catching the train with my mom & other family members, heading for New York City when I was little in the 60’s. I thought it was such a big, beautiful place with people everywhere, so it was hard to see it fall into the ruins it became, knowing how grand a place it was to me as a kid.

25. Default

How's this for a speculation on the announcement?

The Glass House to Michigan Central Express.

A rail line runs behind Dearborn City Hall not 200 yards from the Ford World Headquarters [aka the Glass House] across Michigan.

Ford builds a station there and maintains a dedicated train that shuttles back and forth to the MCD?
    Name:  dearborn-to-mcd.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  55.2 KB

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast