Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54
Results 1,326 to 1,332 of 1332

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Back to the OT a bit:

Amazon has a big problem now that it has scrapped plans for a New York City headquarters

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...175135403.html
    Article doesn't say they have a 'big problem'. Just the headline does.

Article says they 'still need to recruit' the best and brightest engineers. Well, sure. And that's probably why they are continuing to invest in NYC [[and elsewhere). They just aren't putting a single, very large investment into a city where the politicians didn't deliver what THEY promised to Amazon.

Both NYC and Amazon will be just fine here. Just media drama.

54 pages of media drama right here....delivered in hours ....

I believe that Detroit could flirt with businesses like Amazon if the bidders get rid of the Must hire 51% of Detroiters concept and focus on companies hiring people from the tri county area

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I believe that Detroit could flirt with businesses like Amazon if the bidders get rid of the Must hire 51% of Detroiters concept and focus on companies hiring people from the tri county area
    Where bureaucrats and politicians display their arrogance, businesses look elsewhere. Yes.

You want jobs. Stop trying. Just get out of my way, as my friend John always says.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What is the beef with them hiring FOREIGN engineers?

I thought you were a stanch advocate with we are a nation of immigrants and all immigrants have the right to come to this country in order to undercut citizen wages.
    Good to see you're still being your typical hypocrite self. Care to comment on the actual realities of the Foxconn deal, or just here to troll?

Maybe someone on this thread has a better delivery idea.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...101229443.html

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    54 pages of media drama right here....delivered in hours ....
    What in the hell does this mean?

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54