Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Parkston/Parkhurst apartments

http://www.parkstoneapartments.com/

1415 Parker St

Has anyone lived there? I like the neighborhood, and the prices are modest.

I am scheduling a walk-through, but I'd love to know anything that the landlord won't tell me...

I've never lived in the Parkstone/Parkhurst, but the people that I know that live there seem happy there. The owners contribute to the neighborhood, keep them neat and clean and at one time the Parkstone was one of the most desireable address' to have in the city. I live in West Village and I love where I'm at. Check out www.thevillagesofdetroit.org for more info about the neighborhood.
    Last edited by BillyBBrew; August-24-09 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo error

My wife lived there for a few years before she purchsed her house in the neighborhood, she loved the place.

PCM, What are the prices?

Stromberg2

Contact Information for Parkstone & Parkhurst

Personal appointments can be made Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Contact us at the telephone number shown.
    Telephone[[313) 823-0300Facsimile
    [[313) 822-2729
    Postal address1415 Parker, Detroit, MI 48214, near Lafayette & Van Dyke [[one block over from Indian Village) Electronic mailGeneral Information: keithkeveney@lycos.com
    Sales: Keith Keveney
    Customer Support:
    Webmaster: webmaster@parkstone.com

I lived in the Parkstone from '79-'82. I realize that was a LONG time ago, but it was a great place back then and I have nothing but good memories about the building and the neighborhood. The owner at that time was Mike Higgins.
    Last edited by Gary; August-24-09 at 02:20 PM.

Find out the move in times. You might have to make an appointment to use the freight elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    PCM, What are the prices?

Stromberg2
    $525-$1,300 according to the DDP website.

http://downtowndetroit.org/ddp/housi...indian_village

However, you never really can tell what the current rates are online. Who knows the last time the website you found them on was updated.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The owner at that time was Mike Higgins.
    Interesting. Does he still own the place?

I lived there 11 years ago. If they still have the option of paying extra to park in the garage, its worth the investment. My car was broken into at least twice in a one year lease and my guests' cars were vandalized too. I suspect the problem has not gotten any better in this area. Don't get me wrong the neighborhood is beautiful, but park your car in the garage.

^, I presently live there.
    Park your car in the garage!!!, the Oweners of the appts are the best you can ever have. Yet, in the Parkhurst it seems to be a high turnover rate by a few undesirables who move in. But as a whole, its a great place to stay, been there since "01".