Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Problem with that is we are not able to except space currency,so we would have to figure out how to pay for it.Forget about the whole vetting process.

Can we really afford to start excepting millions of aliens with no skills other then time travel,that we know of anyways.
    Do you use voice to text? It apparently doesn't know the difference between accept and except. Or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    As far as we know. But 'relativity' is a human term and concept, as are 'speed' and 'light'.
    No they aren't, they are fundamental properties of the universe. We have given them names, but they would exist without us naming them. We know they exist through experimentation - we can hypothesize what will happen and accurately predict the outcome of various particle interactions based on relativistic principals. Thus, your computer monitor can display colors because we understand what is happening at the sub-atomic level as light is split apart through semiconductors.

But do we know what we think we know?
    Yes, that is what the scientific method is for.

Remember, we once 'knew' the Earth was flat.
    Some people thought that, others didn't. Pythagoras had a very early proof that earth was round, and that was 500BC.

And we once 'knew' that nothing could live in the deepest of deep underwater sea trenches and caverns.
    I'd like to see a scientific paper that said that life was "impossible" in the deep ocean, because I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. I'm sure a scientist has said at some point in time that they didn't think it was possible, but that is different than coming up with a proof that it's impossible.

If evidence comes up showing that something can go faster than the speed of light, then the physical models will be changed appropriately. This is highly unlikely, as we are currently using the physical models that depend on this fact all over the place, and it works.

Do you have any evidence that matter can travel faster than the speed of light? Because if you don't, you're argument is basically that, because you think aliens have visited this planet, a huge portion of extensively proven and researched physics is completely wrong, because scientists have been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Do you use voice to text? It apparently doesn't know the difference between accept and except. Or you don't.
    No,speech to text seems to have issues with my northern/southern accent and to me is no more advanced then the early days of dragon naturally speaking.

Depends on the device I am on also,smart phone seems to like to pick and choose what words I use and insert accordingly,I figure that someone highly educated designed it so they know better then I.

My forte is mechanical aptitude,and that is what I excelled at and it seems to have worked because I was able to semi- retire at 53 with no debt.

In my younger years,if I built you a house and a hurricane was bearing down on you and your family,are you going to be concerned about my spelling or your families safety in the house that I built for you.Priorities.

I was not an English teacher or educator so spelling was really not a requirement or used as a factor when cutting checks.

I am on two other sites,a boating site,and a vintage truck site.

The boating site by its nature,involves a diverse group of participants from all walks of life and levels of education,also a variety of subjects,but yet nobody seems to feel the need to comment or correct spelling or sentence structure.

Same as the vintage truck site,why is that?

Notice the difference when posting this from XP pro verses IPhone 6.

To use the phrase from the now banned and soon to be erased from history movie... Frankly,my dear,I do not give a damn.
    Last edited by Richard; August-31-17 at 12:57 PM.

No,speech to text seems to have issues with my northern/southern accent and to me is no more advanced then the early days of dragon naturally speaking.

Depends on the device I am on also,smart phone seems to like to pick and choose what words I use and insert accordingly,I figure that someone highly educated designed it so they know better then I.

My forte is mechanical aptitude,and that is what I excelled at and it seems to have worked because I was able to semi- retire at 53 with no debt.

In my younger years,if I built you a house and a hurricane was bearing down on you and your family,are you going to be concerned about my spelling or your families safety in the house that I built for you.Priorities.

I was not an English teacher or educator so spelling was really not a requirement or used as a factor when cutting checks.

I am on two other sites,a boating site,and a vintage truck site.

The boating site by its nature,involves a diverse group of participants from all walks of life and levels of education,also a variety of subjects,but yet nobody seems to feel the need to comment or correct spelling or sentence structure.

Same as the vintage truck site,why is that?

Notice the difference when posting this from XP pro verses IPhone 6.

To use the phrase from the now banned and soon to be erased from history movie... Frankly,my dear,I do not give a damn.
    But using the work "except" gives your post an entirely different connotation than using the word "accept". To except something means to leave it out, so the way it's written you state that if we are not able to leave out space currency we will have to find some other way to pay for whatever it is you want to pay for. Also you want to know if we can really afford to start leaving out millions of aliens rather than can we really afford to start opting them in. This reverses what you are trying to say.
    It's not a matter of "spelling" it's a matter of using the correct word to convey what you mean. If, in your younger years, you were approving, say, the type of wood you wanted to use in said house and you told your buyer to "except" all woods but mahogany for the floors instead of "accept" all woods but mahogany for the floors, you would have had some mighty expensive floors, no?
    Last edited by jcole; August-31-17 at 04:42 PM.

But using the work "except" gives your post an entirely different connotation than using the word "accept". To except something means to leave it out, so the way it's written you state that if we are not able to leave out space currency we will have to find some other way to pay for whatever it is you want to pay for. Also you want to know if we can really afford to start leaving out millions of aliens rather than can we really afford to start opting them in. This reverses what you are trying to say.
    It's not a matter of "spelling" it's a matter of using the correct word to convey what you mean. If, in your younger years, you were approving, say, the type of wood you wanted to use in said house and you told your buyer to "except" all woods but mahogany for the floors instead of "accept" all woods but mahogany for the floors, you would have had some mighty expensive floors, no?

I appreciate you taking the time and caring enough to explain that,I have shortcomings and I realize that and fortunately there are others that I can hire.

I am not a lawyer,so I can hire one to handle contracts,he benefits from it by being able to trade his Porsche and trophy wife in every two years.Good for the Porsche stockholders,and good for the
    trophy wife supply.

Accountants same thing,if I need to present a properly structured paper,I can flip a collage student $50 and tell them have at it,see how ones short comings can have a trickle down effect.

I do admire those who can say something in 6 words or less that takes me 3 pages to convey,but I do not let it bother me,life is too short.

If everybody was an expert in everything we would be bored and be a mirror of each other,what fun is a non diverse society.

An artist can have zero education but yet transfer an image from their brain onto canvas into a beautiful picture that tells a story,I cannot.

I cannot play a musical instrument even after piano lessons as a child,and have the stupid row row your boat gently lyrics down the stream,forever burned into my brain.

I am good at what I do and I do not place judgement on others based on their shortcomings or not.

I think an education is important but I also think it is to generic and tries to narrow down the train of thought when everybody is different.

Not important,but I have a friend,very intelligent at what he does,he is of 5 in the world doing what he does,zero common sense.

He moves to this country,his daughter is placed in the 7th grade by the school and immediately starts getting Cs and Ds on her report card,he was having none of that because she was a across the board straight As before and forces the school to have her tested.

They bumped her from the 7th grade to the 12th grade and she finished 4 years of collage in a year and half.

Comparatively to the rest of the world,we are not exactly considered a highly educated country as a whole,we wholesale students and wonder at the results.

Anyways,did you actually come here to comment on aliens or just my jist of it all?

You are obviously not using your hired talent to help you convey your thoughts here, so it's hard to understand what you are trying to convey so I will pass on discussing aliens, or much of anything else, with you. I'm glad you've made money though; your post explains much of why you back the right.

You are obviously not using your hired talent to help you convey your thoughts here, so it's hard to understand what you are trying to convey so I will pass on discussing aliens, or much of anything else, with you. I'm glad you've made money though; your post explains much of why you back the right.

It is a dicussion forum with a diverse group of people,and it was a discussion about aliens and not me,of course you could consider me as an alien,that is okay, because tomorrow is another day.

Is that how one separates a sentence,with a dot colon ; ?

Remember: All aliens must register.

Even if they land in a alien sanctuary city?

I can imagine if they are watching us it would be for entertainment purposes.Maybe they have the earth channel on satellite.

Maybe they have the earth channel on satellite.

Google Earth?

according to some if they beam down next to me,hopefully, not while I am in the shower,they will find no intelligent life and head back,so the missed opportunity will be my fault.

The new Google headquarters does kinda look like a space ship,maybe they are already here and only allow their technology to slowly leak out because they were introduced to capitalism.

http://time.com/3726511/google-new-headquarters-2/

They have discovered a signal that supposedly was sent 5 billion years ago,maybe they were calling for help,while we endure 30 minute police response.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/5-billion-y...roject-1509504
    Last edited by Richard; September-01-17 at 12:24 PM.

according to some if they beam down next to me,hopefully, not while I am in the shower,they will find no intelligent life and head back,so the missed opportunity will be my fault.

The new Google headquarters does kinda look like a space ship,maybe they are already here and only allow their technology to slowly leak out because they were introduced to capitalism.

http://time.com/3726511/google-new-headquarters-2/

They have discovered a signal that supposedly was sent 5 billion years ago,maybe they were calling for help,while we endure 30 minute police response.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/5-billion-y...roject-1509504

Remember what happened with the Mars Rover a few years back....

Name:  Mars Rover.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  83.6 KB

Great,just what we need,more anti American aliens.

I think we should take a cue from the movie Mars Attacks and just nuke em before they get a chance.

Relax the aliens don't stand a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xx86chLwaM

That's called a semi colon and yes, if you're denoting a pause. A regular colon denotes a list or explanation

But using the work "except" gives your post an entirely different connotation than using the word "accept".
    I could accept that theory, except I don't really want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2