Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Aliens? Yes? No? Maybe So?

I just watched Unacknowledged on Netflix by Disclosure Project founder Dr. Steven M. Greer. Interesting enough to make you wonder, although it is said the little "alien" that was found was actually human.

Whether or not you've watched the show what is your take?

I always thought it was interesting that there was this plethora of "UFO" videos in the 80's and 90's, grainy footage shot on handheld VHS cameras and difficult to really discern quite what was being shown due to the inherent limitations of the video technology. And now that we live in a time where almost everyone walks around with a device in their pocket capable of shooting 1080p high-definition video and instantly uploading it to the Internet...suddenly there are no more UFO videos. Weird.

^ different technology,if they can fly millions of miles to visit, surly they can interrupt the digital signal of the phones to erase any videos or prevent their images from being displayed.

Or just maybe their technology has advanced like ours and they can now cloak themselves and are there but are invisible.

One could be standing next to you right now,how would you know it?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I always thought it was interesting that there was this plethora of "UFO" videos in the 80's and 90's, grainy footage shot on handheld VHS cameras and difficult to really discern quite what was being shown due to the inherent limitations of the video technology. And now that we live in a time where almost everyone walks around with a device in their pocket capable of shooting 1080p high-definition video and instantly uploading it to the Internet...suddenly there are no more UFO videos. Weird.
    That's because everyone walking around "with a device in their pocket capable of shooting 1080p high-definition video and instantly uploading it to the Internet...." are the next generation of the aliens who's plethora of "UFO" videos were taken in the 80's and 90's and nobody believed them!

Now they've taken over Earth, and those that haven't got one of these devices stuck to their hand in front of their face are a dying earthbound race, and those that have are the aliens who have inherited the Earth.

To late to do anything about it now; you just gotta keep paying the exorbitant running costs and speaking less and less as the spoken word dies out.
    Last edited by coracle; August-28-17 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ different technology,if they can fly millions of miles to visit, surly they can interrupt the digital signal of the phones to erase any videos or prevent their images from being displayed.

Or just maybe their technology has advanced like ours and they can now cloak themselves and are there but are invisible.

Well you're the conspiracy theory expert, so I'll just have to take your word for it. I can also tell that you have a solid grasp on how video cameras work.

Well you're the conspiracy theory expert, so I'll just have to take your word for it. I can also tell that you have a solid grasp on how video cameras work.
    We are discussing aliens ��

The best you can come up with is a grasp on how video cameras work?

Kinda lends credence to Coracle's theory.

We are discussing aliens ��

The best you can come up with is a grasp on how video cameras work?

Kinda lends credence to Coracle's theory.
    I've no doubt that you sincerely believe his theory.

I've no doubt that you sincerely believe his theory.
    Well,you seem to have a lot of alien thoughts ,So who knows,anything is possible I guess.

I always thought it was interesting that there was this plethora of "UFO" videos in the 80's and 90's...
    And the 70s. I call that period the "fad fad." It seemed it was a fad to create new fads.

I think the TV show In Search of..., with Leonard Nimoy, fed to and fed from the fad fad.

The weirdest one IMHO was the belief that storing razor blades in a pyramid-shaped container somehow kept them sharper longer. One claim was that the material of the container didn't matter — only the shape itself mattered.

Eventually the fad fad faded.

Get the right sunglasses:

https://youtu.be/JI8AMRbqY6w

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  4.2 KB

Nannoo, nannoo.

Default And now a word about c

And now an aside about the speed of light.

The speed of light is roughly 186,000 miles/second. Nothing with mass can go faster than the speed of light. The only reason light can go that fast is because photons, the particles that make up light, have no mass.

It's not that light is special, it's that light goes as fast as the laws of physics will allow anything to go. That's why the speed of light is in the equation e=mc^2, because, basically, the speed of light is the point at which mass becomes energy.

How positive are we that nothing can go faster than the speed of light? Well, it's an integral part of e=mc^2, and we use that equation all over the place. We use it to figure out chemical reactions, to design micro-electronics, batteries, microwave equipment, cell phones - anywhere energy is moved around. If the speed of light was not the speed limit of the universe, a whole bunch of stuff wouldn't be working right now.

So what does that mean?

1. You can't make a space ship go faster than the speed of light
    2. If you *could* somehow get a spaceship to go that fast, every atom in it would tear apart into energy [[heat and light)
    3. Once you turn something into energy, you can't turn it back into the original thing - all the structure is lost
    4. This also means transporters are impossible - you can't convert matter into energy and have the matter retain it's structure

This isn't some arbitrary rule physicists came up with - it's a fundamental law of physics, that a bunch of other verified laws are also based on.

At the end of the day, if aliens are visiting this planet, they are going to need a lot of bloody mary mix and individually wrapped bags of peanuts - it's going to take millions of years.

So what does that mean?
    That Humans are constrained to think in terms we invented based on our own limits of understanding. The real facts may be completely different, but Humans may not be smart enough to ever find out how thing really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Humans may not be smart enough to ever find out how thing really work.
    But we are smart enough to figure out general relativity. Hence the speed of light being the fastest anything can go.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    But we are smart enough to figure out general relativity. Hence the speed of light being the fastest anything can go.

As far as we know. But 'relativity' is a human term and concept, as are 'speed' and 'light'.

But do we know what we think we know?

Remember, we once 'knew' the Earth was flat. And we once 'knew' that nothing could live in the deepest of deep underwater sea trenches and caverns. Until fairly recently when we found new forms of life we never knew existed. Or could exist.

If they could "interrupt the digital signal" surely they could have degaussed the video tapes with their advanced technology. Even WE had that technology

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If they could "interrupt the digital signal" surely they could have degaussed the video tapes with their advanced technology. Even WE had that technology
    No point in even trying. He doesn't understand how video technology works and I highly doubt he even understands half the words you are using.

No point in even trying. He doesn't understand how video technology works and I highly doubt he even understands half the words you are using.
    And yet there you are at 7:30 in the morning thinking about me,was that before or after your first cup of coffee?

Things are not discovered until they are.
    Last edited by Richard; August-29-17 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Get the right sunglasses:

https://youtu.be/JI8AMRbqY6w
    Ha,I remember seeing that one when it came out.

Ha,I remember seeing that one when it came out.
    Ditto on that! " I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass........"

How are we going to build the biggest, grandest, Space Wall anyone has ever seen, to keep out any undocumented Aliens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    How are we going to build the biggest, grandest, Space Wall anyone has ever seen, to keep out any undocumented Aliens ?
    Problem with that is we are not able to except space currency,so we would have to figure out how to pay for it.Forget about the whole vetting process.

Can we really afford to start excepting millions of aliens with no skills other then time travel,that we know of anyways.

^^^^
    That's why the movie "District 9" is such a good movie.

An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology

Is that better or worse than an apartment over a garage in Ohio?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast