Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Documentary - "Abandonment-Two Detroits"

Saw this one hour show on Citytv here in Toronto last night. I believe it originally aired on the Viceland network last Nov.
    The spin was pretty positive, interviewing people who are bringing back the neighborhoods with local farming as well as young skateboarders, both black and white.
    The part I found interesting was about the Detroit Vipers. It's a group of ex-military guys who run a private security firm, teaching self-defense. They use some of their profits to teach these same skills free-of-charge to local Detroiters. These guys have a building, cars and even a boat patrolling the river. Anyone ever heard of them?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...W6wb567g_gjc3w

The Detroit Vipers are near the river near the Belle Isle Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Saw this one hour show on Citytv here in Toronto last night. I believe it originally aired on the Viceland network last Nov.
    The spin was pretty positive, interviewing people who are bringing back the neighborhoods with local farming as well as young skateboarders, both black and white.
    The part I found interesting was about the Detroit Vipers. It's a group of ex-military guys who run a private security firm, teaching self-defense. They use some of their profits to teach these same skills free-of-charge to local Detroiters. These guys have a building, cars and even a boat patrolling the river. Anyone ever heard of them?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...W6wb567g_gjc3w

Macarthur Bridge? Either way, I love positive Detroit stories. It's a place with amazing potential, despite the cartoon stereotypes Detroit is often subjected to.