Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dick Gregory RIP

Wow! I was just going to some old books and ran across his Cooking with Mother Nature book and then heard that he passed away.

Dick Gregory, civil rights activist and comedian, dead at 84
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/19/entert...bit/index.html

Dick Gregory, 84, Dies; Found Humor in the Civil Rights Struggle
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/a...4.html?mcubz=3
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-17 at 07:42 AM.

^^^ Thanks for the video -- it's a grand overview of the man, his mission and the impact of his life.

When my brother told me at dinner, I think he brain-farted and said "Gregory Hines" [[which stunned me, since I thought he passed a while ago). I was hit heavy to find out it was Mr. Gregory. I have collected a lot of his books, and I like a lot of what he says in interviews. His book on healthy eating is one I highly recommend.

I did not know he was all that religious [[though he did right an odd take on the Bible), but I saw more of it in his discussions.

For all he has contributed, I feel his next journey will be a beautiful one.

Nice to hear from you G-DDT. I remember when you could purchase cassette tapes of his speeches and talks on nutritian and politics at Aknartoons Restaurant [[on the corner of Woodward and Calvert). Gregory had some for sure instructional humor regarding health and nutrition such as it's as this one "...It's not diabetes that runs in the family IT'S your diet!".