Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sen. Sanders to join Rep. Conyers at Detroit health care town hall on Aug. 22

http://www.freep.com/story/news/poli...all/556768001/

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Vermont congressman who won Michigan's presidential primary in 2016, will join U.S. Rep. John Conyers in Detroit on Aug. 22 for a town hall meeting on health care and jobs.
    The Detroit Democrat said the town hall will be held at 7 p.m. at Fellowship Chapel Church, 7707 W. Outer Drive in Detroit.

I don't want to seem mean, but what's keeping Conyers alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    I don't want to seem mean, but what's keeping Conyers alive?
    This one's too easy - free gov't healthcare.

I'll take corrupt Leftists with felonious wives for $1000, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I'll take corrupt Leftists with felonious wives for $1000, Alex.
    How's Trump and his band of lunatics working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    How's Trump and his band of lunatics working out for you?
    I wasn't and am not a Trump guy. I was [[still am) a Ted Cruz man, and I voted for Evan McMullin in the general election. And Trump's many flaws have nothing to do with career politicians on the Left who get rich off the state, and have wives conducting illegal business that they could not plausibly been unaware of.

Term limits would solve many of our problems.

Re-elect no one.

As long as single-government-payer [[SGP) isn't the only option, I'm in.

Basic healthcare should be a social good. Its a great investment.

Just allow private insurance for those who can afford it. Then you'll get the innovations in medicine, pharmacology, and administration that will keep the SGP healthy.

Without competition, you end up with useless monopolies like DPS where actually providing education is mostly a historical artifact.

I wasn't and am not a Trump guy. I was [[still am) a Ted Cruz man, and I voted for Evan McMullin in the general election. And Trump's many flaws have nothing to do with career politicians on the Left who get rich off the state, and have wives conducting illegal business that they could not plausibly been unaware of.
    Evan McMullin wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Evan McMullin wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan.
    Regrettably, since McMullin did not not register his intent to be a write in candidate in Michigan, those of us who voted for him did not have our votes counted. I had originally decided to vote for Gary Johnson, but he seemed less Libertarian every time he opened his mouth, and more liberal. While I do favor substantial reform of drug laws, it turns out that just being a pot head does not make you a small government guy. Its a real shame that the Libertarians didn't nominate a strong, real candidate. A lot of disaffected conservatives such as myself would have voted Libertarian had they nominated Austin Petersen.

Dumb and Dumber promise the moon to the Dem plantation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Dumb and Dumber promise the moon to the Dem plantation.
    Lol, like promising to defeat ISIS within 30 days, build a 30ft wall on the Mexico border and make Mexico pay for it, and repeal Obamacare "on Day One?" Realistic promises like that?

Nearly all of them are about over-promising and under-delivering. At least with the repubs you sorta expect it!

LOL Scary Gary Johnson, What was he going to levy a 24% sales tax? I would be getting popped for 30% every time I bought something. I guess you really do not know much about how an economy works but you are pretty clueless about how the real world is in general so it doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    LOL Scary Gary Johnson, What was he going to levy a 24% sales tax? I would be getting popped for 30% every time I bought something. I guess you really do not know much about how an economy works but you are pretty clueless about how the real world is in general so it doesn't surprise me.
    I am pretty sure I live in the same world as everyone else. I've been gainfully employed since age 14, have lived in suburban, urban and rural areas, have friends of all colors, dated girls then decided I preferred boys, attended several major universities, have started 3 businesses- the current one being a success. My whole professional life has been decidedly blue collar. Irish-American raised Catholic, went atheist, found God again some years later. I read incessantly, mostly history. I don't own a television anymore. Love movies, especially old movies. I garden and can play the trumpet. I love to cook, and I have in the last year joined a gym and have become serious about my health. What precisely makes you think I don't live in the real world?

Me, glad you asked! I voted for Trump. Not a Ted Cruz guy. I'm not so socially conservative. Trump was and is highly imperfect -- but he was and is the best chance to shake up the establishment of the R's & the D's.

How's it workin' out? Bumpy. But better than Hillary, I think.

North Korea is finally getting some non-denial adult talk. [[Proper responses to a bully.) Gorsuch seems reasonable and smart. Real changes to immigration and foreign policy haven't been my choices, but better than the denial of the left of the realities of the world.

I despise his xenophobia on trade -- and killing the TPP. But nobody loves trade these days. Too bad for us.

So its goin' OK. No regrets. A lot of laughs.

I am pretty sure I live in the same world as everyone else. I've been gainfully employed since age 14, have lived in suburban, urban and rural areas, have friends of all colors, dated girls then decided I preferred boys, attended several major universities, have started 3 businesses- the current one being a success. My whole professional life has been decidedly blue collar. Irish-American raised Catholic, went atheist, found God again some years later. I read incessantly, mostly history. I don't own a television anymore. Love movies, especially old movies. I garden and can play the trumpet. I love to cook, and I have in the last year joined a gym and have become serious about my health. What precisely makes you think I don't live in the real world?
    Wait you are gay and vote for religious zealots when given the chance? LOL

[QUOTE=Wesley Mouch;532042]Me, glad you asked! I voted for Trump. Not a Ted Cruz guy. I'm not so socially conservative. Trump was and is highly imperfect -- but he was and is the best chance to shake up the establishment of the R's & the D's.

Looks like you are jumping the gun on NK considering the events of the last couple days.

North Korea is finally getting some non-denial adult talk. [[Proper responses to a bully.) Gorsuch seems reasonable and smart. Real changes to immigration and foreign policy haven't been my choices, but better than the denial of the left of the realities of the world.

Looks like you are jumping the gun on NK considering the events of the last couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Lol, like promising to defeat ISIS within 30 days, build a 30ft wall on the Mexico border and make Mexico pay for it, and repeal Obamacare "on Day One?" Realistic promises like that?
    Where the hell is that upvote button?

Gotta love supporters of the prince of idiots, the czar of liars, Herr Orangenmeister, who would call someone else "dumb and dumber".

[[I could also say something about gay people who would call themselves "a Ted Cruz man" and a certain germane - and hilarious - Dave Chapelle skit, but i'll refrain)

Seems to be working out fine. We have two choices. Appeasement [[or stalling). Action.

I favor action. We don't need to provoke this bully, but when he bullies he must pay some price. The international community [[and President Clinton) talked a lot, but did nothing. Now we have a bully with a big stick. And the stick is getting bigger every day.

Sure, his missiles probably won't work right. And his nuclear bombs might not work. But they might. And the cost if they do is Seattle.

Many think he won't ever use them. Because MAD. Probably true. But if he gets backed into a corner. I think he'd push the button.

Doing nothing is irresponsible. Setting reasonable boundaries. Talking nice. Stating our strength. Being willing to take action. That's the only course that can work. President Trump is on that course.

Did a missile fired over Japan require a counter-strike? No. It was face-saving for KJU. He needed to show that he's not sitting down. He's standing up. But he didn't do Guam.

When the day comes KJU crosses the line, I hope Pres. Trump has some action to take. Might restart the war. But might not. Remember that once America [[and the spineless UN) act, the game reverses. He get to decide if he's willing to escalate. Bullying is easy until someone punches you in the shoulder. And they're big enough to punch you to death.

Hitting SK could kill thousands to hundreds of thousands. But the real question is what price would KJU pay?

Maybe some more sanctions? We'll ask China to stop shipping you oil unless you stop shelling Seoul?

With Trump, I think the price would be higher. When someone starts killing American soldiers in SK, KJU has to know he'd be out.

Meanwhile on this topic, how did Sanders/Conyers go? Did they announce free healthcare and college for everyone again?

They will be paying the same price they always have which is sanctions from the international community, don't know where you have been the past few decades. The problem with sanctions is that it is always just the people that suffer.

"Meanwhile on this topic, how did Sanders/Conyers go? Did they announce free healthcare and college for everyone again?"

We already pay over $9k per person on health care per capita, everyone looking at the issue knows that it won't be free. It is 17.9% of our GDP while the British spend just over 9% of GDP and 5k per capita. They also have better outcomes, cheaper drug prices and longer life expectancy. I hate when people say free, it just shows how either brainwashed and or stupid they really are.

We already pay over $9k per person on health care per capita, everyone looking at the issue knows that it won't be free. It is 17.9% of our GDP while the British spend just over 9% of GDP and 5k per capita. They also have better outcomes, cheaper drug prices and longer life expectancy. I hate when people say free, it just shows how either brainwashed and or stupid they really are.
    "Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated" - - well-known orange man.