Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I didn't think I would see people standing up for actual fucking Nazis on DYes, but here we are.
    The problem with people like Richard is that he spews endless intellectually bankrupt garbage and truly does not believe he's defending Nazis. This is one of the problems with the Internet. It gives ignorant people a place to spread their ignorance as though it's meritorious.

The problem with the rest of us is that we keep responding like he's going to wise up or change his ways.

And for anyone being fooled [[such as Richard), here's some alt-right strategy:

Name:  20861630_10103424525460436_201714477476809399_o.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  33.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    The idea that neo-nazis and white supremacists should have a right to "peaceful protest" is one of the most un-American things I can imagine. It's a cancer that's not weeded out with ideological reasoning.
    The first amendment applies to everyone. Ask the ACLU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...lage_of_Skokie

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    The first amendment applies to everyone. Ask the ACLU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...lage_of_Skokie
    You seem to be conflating issues. The first amendment has nothing to do with it. You're simply an enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Of course Richard cares more about a goddamn statue than he does the 32-year old woman was murdered by a Trump-supporting Nazi TERRORIST. Her name was Heather Heyer. Unlike the Nazi thugs who showed up to commit violence, she actually lived in Charlottesville. She was a loving person who showed up that day to stand up to hate and the forces of evil and she was murdered for it.

Richard defames her and her memory by blaming her for her own death. Your victim-blaming, suggesting the the counterprotesters were at fault just for being there, is beyond deplorable. It's truly reprehensible.

I didn't think I would see people standing up for actual fucking Nazis on DYes, but here we are.
    Once again you obsess with an innate object instead of looking at the big picture.

Once again I will say you need to step down from the reserves because you really forgot the mission and seem to just be looking at it as a paycheck.

Did you forget these words? Or do they have no meaning to you?

I, _____, do solemnly swear [[or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

It is totally irrelevant what I think or if I agree with them or not,and I have made it clear to the selective readers and even posted a link that shows that my views are no different then several countries.

The protesters had a legal right to be there and were permitted by the laws of the city to be there.

The anti-protesters were interfering with a lawful assembly.

Is that how it works in this country? We can pick and choose what laws to follow based on personal beliefs? Try that in front of a judge.

The moron in the car believed he was doing the right thing,he crossed the line and he will face justice for his crimes.

Do we apply constitutional American rights to only those that we agree with? Throw the baby out with the bath water.

Removing a statue because you do not agree with it or it represents instant gratification and does zero to resolve the real issues.

As of today and tomorrow what exactly was accomplished in the bigger picture of things?

Lives were lost and a racist organization recieved worldwide attention.
    Last edited by Richard; August-14-17 at 11:57 AM.

You seem to be conflating issues. The first amendment has nothing to do with it. You're simply an enabler.
    The first amendment has everything to do with it. Read the link I posted.
    The Supreme Court ruled that Nazis had the right to march in that case.
    That's a fact. Does it mean I like or support their ideas? No.

The first amendment has everything to do with it. Read the link I posted.
    The Supreme Court ruled that Nazis had the right to march in that case.
    That's a fact. Does it mean I like or support their ideas? No.
    And they should be met with resistance. Again, this has nothing to do with the first amendment.

You're an enabler. You're the weak link here. You're the reason this cancer has spread.

The problem with people like Richard is that he spews endless intellectually bankrupt garbage and truly does not believe he's defending Nazis. This is one of the problems with the Internet. It gives ignorant people a place to spread their ignorance as though it's meritorious.

The problem with the rest of us is that we keep responding like he's going to wise up or change his ways.
    As of today there are 326,762,040 Americans in the United States.

If you want results that bad then push to repeal the 1st and 14th amendments,it is that simple.

Congradulations you have just deprived 326 million plus of your fellow Americans of their rights because you do not agree with 2000.

But that is your goal anyways,right?

Hiding behind the skirts of Mr Sanders and the Democratic Party to push your adgena is really not going to work,but at the end of the day even you are protected by those same rights that you push to eliminate,and would no longer be protected under,Once they are repealed.
    Last edited by Richard; August-14-17 at 12:42 PM.

And they should be met with resistance. Again, this has nothing to do with the first amendment.

You're an enabler. You're the weak link here. You're the reason this cancer has spread.
    You've lost the plot buddy. I am in no way sympathetic to Nazis or White power. I just know what the constitution says. The counter protestors can march too. Do I think either side should be using violence? No. As I said before, the police dropped the ball here. The two sides should have been separated to prevent any violence.

You've lost the plot buddy. I am in no way sympathetic to Nazis or White power. I just know what the constitution says. The counter protestors can march too. Do I think either side should be using violence? No. As I said before, the police dropped the ball here. The two sides should have been separated to prevent any violence.
    I agree with you Pam. As much as we hate the words spoken by these haters, to quench the words will only fuel the fires till something explosive happens.

"Illinois Nazis. I hate Illinois Nazi's......"

CBSN reported that it was the largest police presence sense 9-11.

They could be wrong.

The protesters were lawfully permitted months ago to hold the rally,the state was obligated by law to protect a lawful assembly at the park,if they did not do that then they would have been liable.

That was where they were circled,the anti protesters were prepared for violence months ago.

If I made a decision to enter a situation prepared for violence, I should also be ready to suffer the consequences of that.

The idea that neo-nazis and white supremacists should have a right to "peaceful protest" is one of the most un-American things I can imagine. It's a cancer that's not weeded out with ideological reasoning.
    The 1st. amendment guarantees unfettered free speech and peaceful assembly to nazi thugs, antifa brownshirts, and all the rest of us. The Constitution does not support murder or people who engage in taking away those 1st. Amendment rights.

Thanks Gman and Oladub for the back up.

Here's Tim Black. He makes some good points.

https://youtu.be/rWxvyZJ8JQA

Fighting the KKK with music:

https://youtu.be/Rs4P1kKK-5k

They could do what they did in Chicago to the original plan to march in Marquette Park and demand the Nazi party post an public safety insurance bond and then banned all political demonstrations in Marquette Park. Also, in the political climate today, I'm not so sure the Swastika would be found to be emblematic of free speech if it went back to the Supreme Court. You might find it and the histrionics of these people being classified as Hate Speech.

Charlottesville: A Gun In His Face, But He Got The Photo
    Don’t look away. Four white neo-Nazis are beating a Black man, crawling on the ground, with their metal poles and a yellow hunk of lumber. The beating continues — there’s blood on the pavement.

Our photographer, Zach D. Roberts, continues to shoot — even as a white militant raises a 9mm pistol to his face....

And no, that’s not a cop on the left in the photo — that’s a neo-Nazi in full riot gear. [[Where were the cops? Good question: this parking garage is next to the Charlottesville Police Station.)...

Default Violence from all sides

From the, mostly, unbiased sources I've read, the white nationalist rally was relatively peaceful until these guys showed up:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_[[United_States)

For those who haven't been paying *really* close attention to the news, they are responsible for most of the violent protests over the last few months, including Berkley, Portland and Seattle. Their explicit goal is to beat up fascists wherever possible.

This does not excuse the violence in Charlottesville in the least. Everyone involved in any sort of violence should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, laying the blame for the escalating political violence squarely on the white supremacist movement, as intensely stupid as they are, is wrongheaded as well. There are some incredible boneheads on the left as well.

Thanks Gman and Oladub for the back up.

Here's Tim Black. He makes some good points.

https://youtu.be/rWxvyZJ8JQA

Fighting the KKK with music:

https://youtu.be/Rs4P1kKK-5k
    Make that 3 backups. We have to tolerate the intolerant, otherwise we become them.

All this reminds me remotely of the interwar years in Germany, when communists and fascists went at it. The scale of things here in no way approach the size and scale of those conflicts, anymore than that torch light parade at UofV Charlottesville matched the massive klan rallies of the 1920's.

Out of curiosity I counted the number of torches; there were only around 300. Still that has to send a chill to the few remaining holocaust survivors or old-timer Afro-Americans who remember the lynching days.

Strong police presence should be in place to prevent the two sides from bumping up against each other.

You can keep saying it, but it will remain untrue.

There should have been violence. Fascists should be met with violence. They incite imminent lawless action, if your sense of right & wrong is strictly dictated by your government.

Continue to normalize them. See where that gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The 1st. amendment guarantees unfettered free speech and peaceful assembly to nazi thugs, antifa brownshirts, and all the rest of us. The Constitution does not support murder or people who engage in taking away those 1st. Amendment rights.
    And the Supreme Court has continued to draw the line below "unfettered free speech," but who cares?

Your idiotic labeling of "antifa brownshirts" is reminiscent of conservative simpletons who think the Left should be tolerant of intolerance. They're anti-fascists. You're defending fascists. Normalizing it with some misguided, bootlicking sense of lawfulness doesn't solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Make that 3 backups. We have to tolerate the intolerant, otherwise we become them.
    Thats not how it works at all. Good luck with the kumbaya stuff. You will quite literally solve nothing. Tolerating them and normalizing their behavior has led to their increased popularity and visibility.

And don't forget, their entire aim is violence.

Maybe I'm the only one here who has actually dealt with white supremacists.

There should have been violence. Fascists should be met with violence. They incite imminent lawless action, if your sense of right & wrong is strictly dictated by your government.

Continue to normalize them. See where that gets you.
    Suppressing opposing views through force is a hallmark of fascism. So your suggestion that violence is the appropriate response to political speech that you disagree with makes you no better than those you claim to oppose.

The purpose of immunization and inoculation is to stem the spread of disease. The Extreme HardLine Right wants to limit immigration to stem the spread of what they consider to be a disease. The Extreme HardLine Right wants to limit individual lifestyle choices to stem the spread of what they consider to be diseases.

Good Americans need to work to stem the spread of the disease of the Extreme HardLine Right.

American war office video warning against fascist rhetoric

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast