Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Kresge Mini Mall

Does anyone know when the Kregse Mini Mall is set to open. Summer is almost over.

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Does anyone know when the Kregse Mini Mall is set to open. Summer is almost over.

As soon as the slumlord gets the renovations finished at the Southwest YMCA, building at the NW corner of Broadway and Gratiot and the old clinic on the I75 service drive.

There is a similar place in Montgomery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk

Good luck getting that imagage and tune out of your mind... SUCKER!

DetroitDad Guest

I believe it was said that they needed a certain number of retail tenants to sign up before they opened. My guess is that hasn't happened yet.

crawford Guest

I think they're waiting for Bergdorf Goodman, Neimam Marcus, and Barneys New York to sign leases.

I was wondering the same, I've noticed all the signs for it in the windows and am excited to see it when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    There is a similar place in Montgomery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk

Good luck getting that imagage and tune out of your mind... SUCKER!
    I don't think the intent is to make it a "Ghetto Mall" like the Russell Bazaar and the like. Put that guy in the video in tights and a cape then he will be the cousin of Mel Farr.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I don't think the intent is to make it a "Ghetto Mall" like the Russell Bazaar and the like. Put that guy in the video in tights and a cape then he will be the cousin of Mel Farr.
    Never thought of the video as ghetto, just so stupid its funny. Reminds me oof the Gib Trade Center.. they sell that sort of furniture. It does have a beat that gets into your head. I was searching for a video about the kresge mini mall and thats what popped up.