Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dearborn Taco Bell Torn Down

Daughter was riding with a friend last week & said the Taco Bell on the corner of Wyoming at W. Warren in Dearborn has been torn down.

I live at the Detroit-Dearborn border but we rarely went there.

Here is a run down on what has happened to several Taco Bells near
    there - did not know that Taco Bell was torn down - will watch to see
    what becomes of it.

The Taco Bell on Schaefer south of Warren became a creperie. The Taco
    Bell near Chick's Bar on Warren between Evergreen and Southfield was
    purchased by the very popular Captain J's Fish and Chicken next door
    and decorated to look like a Captain J's though is apparently not in use
    as a restaurant - it just looks like one - it could well be a backup for
    the building next door.

The Taco Bell at Telegraph and Ann Arbor Trail was rehabbed.
    It looks nice and would be where I would go to get Taco Bell
    takeout if I weren't so happy with bags of chips and cans of
    beans from the grocery store.

Retail in the area, notably Middle Eastern grocery stores such as
    Papaya Market and Super Greenland, has been drifting slowly and
    steadily westward. Taco Bell is moving right along westward as
    well.

Is this thread intended to be some esoteric beatnic poetry that I'm not getting?

Sad to say, Taco Bells are one of the top 100 most interesting
    landmarks along the Dearborn-Detroit border. Poetry was not
    intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Here is a run down on what has happened to several Taco Bells near
    there
    This is the kind of reporting that I come to these forums for.

It may be in the process of being rebuilt. I've seen that with several Taco Bell locations in Dearborn and downriver areas.

Since the thread has been created, does anyone know why YUM! Brands suddenly closed all of their Taco Bells in the city [[except for the one on Ewald Circle and Livernois)?

Sad to say, Taco Bells are one of the top 100 most interesting
    landmarks along the Dearborn-Detroit border.

Really? To who?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Since the thread has been created, does anyone know why YUM! Brands suddenly closed all of their Taco Bells in the city ?
    Beside really bad food and not so great sales?

My only observation is that it's been a while since I've seen a stand alone TB out here in the sticks. They're all conjoined with KFC or A&W. Maybe a tear down and rebuild is planned?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    It may be in the process of being rebuilt. I've seen that with several Taco Bell locations in Dearborn and downriver areas.
    This is possible. Many years ago the McDonald's next door to this Taco Bell was torn down and rebuilt if I remember correctly.

The old McDonald's building had only 1 drive thru window to pay and pick up your food. It was rebuilt with two windows, the first one for payment and the second one to pick up your food.

Reason for TB's demise? Ghastly food. And what's with that artificial cheese?! I guess the pop is just ok.

Since the thread has been created, does anyone know why YUM! Brands suddenly closed all of their Taco Bells in the city [[except for the one on Ewald Circle and Livernois)?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-08-17 at 04:06 PM.

He's being sarcastic perhaps? TB cannot make it with their sub-par food no matter where they are, thus they are being removed for the most part. Though they redid the one in Ferndale on Nine Mile!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Really? To who?
    Sad to say, Taco Bells are one of the top 100 most interesting landmarks along the Dearborn-Detroit border. Poetry was not intended.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-08-17 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Reason for TB's demise? Ghastly food. And what's with that artificial cheese?! I guess the pop is just ok.
    Their food is mediocre, but there are locations all over in the suburbs. Not to mention, within / throughout every other major city.

Is it a coincidence that these Taco Bells are shutting down just after Detroit shut down many of their weed dispensaries?

This is a direct result of the failed policies of the Trump administration that Detroit's beloved Taco Bells are being shuttered. It's deplorable.

Hah! I've heard of the munchies from smokin' but burger king would be the preferred choice if I were that hungry------!

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Is it a coincidence that these Taco Bells are shutting down just after Detroit shut down many of their weed dispensaries?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-17 at 07:33 AM.

That's a point. Someone's eating there! In a press I will get a few of their tacos, but forget it for the more 'involved' items!

Their food is mediocre, but there are locations all over in the suburbs. Not to mention, within / throughout every other major city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-17 at 07:32 AM.

I was just thinking. There has been a few of the chain restaurants in Dearborn that have closed over the years.

Big Boy on Michigan west of Oakman closed a few years ago. It's vacant. There is one still open on Michigan west of Telegraph I believe.
    Ponderosa on Greenfield north of Michigan closed a few years ago. Still vacant.
    KFC on W. Warren just west of Wyoming. Closed several years ago. Never reopened as anything. There is a KFC on Michigan still open just west of Miller Rd.
    Burger King on Schaefer north of Ford Rd. closed several years ago. Never reopened. An Auto Zone store was built next to it & took up space where the drive thru lane used to be.

There's still a Pizza Hut on Michigan east of Schaefer & a Little Ceaser's on Schaefer north of W. Warren @ Gould.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    I was just thinking. There has been a few of the chain restaurants in Dearborn that have closed over the years.

Big Boy on Michigan west of Oakman closed a few years ago. It's vacant. There is one still open on Michigan west of Telegraph I believe.
    Ponderosa on Greenfield north of Michigan closed a few years ago. Still vacant.
    KFC on W. Warren just west of Wyoming. Closed several years ago. Never reopened as anything. There is a KFC on Michigan still open just west of Miller Rd.
    Burger King on Schaefer north of Ford Rd. closed several years ago. Never reopened. An Auto Zone store was built next to it & took up space where the drive thru lane used to be.

There's still a Pizza Hut on Michigan east of Schaefer & a Little Ceaser's on Schaefer north of W. Warren @ Gould.
    BUT! How many new and different restaurants HAVE opened in Dearborn? I think the issue here is the current populace doesn't frequent the type of restaurants that have closed, but they've certainly opened their share of new ones. [[you forgot Bill Knapp's)

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think the issue here is the current populace doesn't frequent the type of restaurants that have closed,
    I was trying to figure out how to address that issue.

How did I do?

Doritos Locos Falafel Tacos? Kofta Quesalupas?

This is a funny thread, BTW. I had no idea there was such an interest in preserving a Dearborn Taco Bell.

I doubt it has too much to do with the ethnic changes; Arabs eat fast food and it isn't like all or even most are strict Halal. Does Taco Bell even carry pork products?
    Last edited by Bham1982; August-09-17 at 01:52 PM.

Kafka Fahitas indeed. That would be a nightmare coming out of TBell!

Moca Java Baklava? Kibbe Que Se Dias?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Does Taco Bell even carry pork products?
    Halal no.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast