Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default TRUST - among the quagmire of various sources

Which news media do you have utter complete faith in ?

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/leas...-news-sources/

I trust DetroitYES! for all my news and information. [[film at 11)

It's politics time, with a mayoral race happening,
    and the post gets moved to a NON Detroit area ?

Should I trust - https://michronicleonline.com/ ????
    - are they non biased, in the middle , or lean a certain direction ?

Interesting graphic....
    Name:  Trusted media.png
Views: 225
Size:  225.9 KB

"The least and most trusted news sources" is indeed a most interesting graphic. Presume it was the product of "polling" and it begs the question - who produced it and what was their political leanings?

Of the news sources listed that I'm familiar with it indicates the "left" is more believed than the "right". I cannot understand CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS being only marginally "Least Trusted" instead of grossly not trusted, because all there "news" is agenda driven; CNN in particular confuses news with opinion ; and NYT, WP, Guardian, PBS, NPR, BBC, PBS, for me are surprisingly "Most Trusted" and yet they are all really as far to the left as one can get.

My trusted news source is Rush and he is circa 98.7% correct all the time - and I believe that also! After Rush I believe my "gut reaction".

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    My trusted news source is Rush and he is circa 98.7% correct all the time - and I believe that also! After Rush I believe my "gut reaction".
    Well, that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Well, that explains it.
    Of course he gets his news from a drug addict.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_L...drug_addiction

Oh! and I should have mentioned Breitbart, Trump, Fox and Drudge as well as Rush. But occasionally I scan what assholes like noise and the other guy spews to get a loser's perspective and to enjoy their pain!

Oh! and I should have mentioned Breitbart, Trump, Fox and Drudge as well as Rush. But occasionally I scan what assholes like noise and the other guy spews to get a loser's perspective and to enjoy their pain!
    Where do you think I get my news? Put up or shut up.

I'm an upper middle class white guy with an education...what kind of pain do you think I'm in?

I begin my news day with BBC World preferring to get world news from BBC instead of US news companies. However, even BBC has its biases. It is best to get news from a variety of sources contradicting each other. Rush isn't going to say anything good about single payer health care plans. CNN isn't often going to laud the Trump administration although it has good coup attempt coverage.

My trusted news source is Rush and he is circa 98.7% correct all the time - and I believe that also!

Mr. Doctor Shopper Pill Popper?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    It is best to get news from a variety of sources contradicting each other.
    When I want to check a story, I review a number of sites including local sources [[smaller newspapers or TV station websites if I can find them) that are more likely to report the story as it happened without slant.

It would never occur to me to take a tabloid like Breit-[[shivers)-bart seriously.

I find the above graphic suspicious.

Note they depicted the LA Times as "Latimes." [[Louisiana Times?) Granted that's a petty CAP typo but people are usually more careful to avoid publishing a typo like that, especially when the story is about credibility.

Apparently not so in this case.

Maybe we're being subjected to a test for gullibility.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-07-17 at 11:42 PM.

That graphic is from the University of Missouri's Reynolds Journalism Institute.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...-us-2017-08-03

Pew Research Center also did a survey looking at trust levels in various news sources broken down by political ideology.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-...america-2017-3

News sources trusted by both liberals and conservatives included the Wall Street Journal, the Economist, the BBC, and Google News.