Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    Do you have something against people who shop at the Sal?
    They have something against anyone who isn't a Trump supporter and women in particular. Why I have curtailed my posting on these threads to a minimum. I've decided it's not worth raising my blood pressure for a gaggle of misogynistic right wing climate deniers.
    BTW, welcome to the site, Shelby

^^I see you were in at “Trump World” at 2.29am and 3.32am today, and ”Dem Land” at 4.00am and 4.15 am. Don’t leave much time for sleep. Is Trump keeping you up?

I've shopped SA purchasing the best things possible, including designer labels, business and casual. You need not look bad if you shop carefully [[wash, iron or dry clean the items purchased).

No one would know where I purchased the items.

It helps to have an eye for brand, style and fabric. I prefer Value World.

Do you have something against people who shop at the Sal?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-25-19 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Warren has threatened to break up big computer companies. Her biggest contribution to date has been the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which was supposed to protect us from bankers. It was instead housed and financed by the Fed whose owner banks it was supposed to regulate. So maybe the big computer companies think that Sen. Warren is heap big smoke but no fire. Maybe she will let them regulate themselves too; a closet establishment figure whom they can live with like Obama.

Tulsi Gabbard's de-lousing the primary field of Kamala Harris also freed up a lot of California voters looking for a new Democratic establishment candidate.

I'm on record has guessing that Warren will be the Democratic candidate. Joe is coming off as a dolt, Bernie is very old, some of the others are preaching weird lifestyles and fantasy economics without numbers. Tulsi Gabbard is a threat to the military industrial complex and might be considered too incorruptible. That leaves Warren who talks a pretty good line acceptable to the far left while having provided placebo solutions like her CFPB tolerated by the Biden wing. Warren would, more than any other Democratic candidate, unite both wings of the Democratic Party.

Not related except to the link - Real Clear Politics always greatly increases my CPU load. I suspect it of loading cookies into my computer.

^^^ Interesting points O, who'da thought? But considering her running mates she may get the nod. Yeah, I just recently cleared my cache and cookies, it annoying how many sites dump off on to your system.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-25-19 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Not related except to the link - Real Clear Politics always greatly increases my CPU load. I suspect it of loading cookies into my computer.
    Could be any number of things causing this. Read this article for some help
    High CPU usage when browsing the internet is nothing strange in the current state of online multimedia presentation. All mainstream browsers are quite demanding, and if you have a lackluster configuration, there’s a good chance that CPU will hit the sky-high levels. Nonetheless, sometimes the core of the problem isn’t your overwhelmed CPU or underperforming GPU, but rather internal issues that are more browser-related.
    https://windowsreport.com/high-cpu-internet-browsing/

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    ^^I see you were in at “Trump World” at 2.29am and 3.32am today, and ”Dem Land” at 4.00am and 4.15 am. Don’t leave much time for sleep. Is Trump keeping you up?
    Aren't you an obnoxious shit. Stalk much? I work in a hospital emergency dept. My hours are long, erratic, and intense. When I go home after 12 pressure filled hours spent running on adrenaline, I need to unwind before falling asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    They have something against anyone who isn't a Trump supporter and women in particular. Why I have curtailed my posting on these threads to a minimum. I've decided it's not worth raising my blood pressure for a gaggle of misogynistic right wing climate deniers.
    BTW, welcome to the site, Shelby
    Thanks for the welcome and the warning.

Hah! When it gets too nuts [[smile) I go over to the Detroit side and look at architecture in the Detroit's Wealth Of Architectural Talent! thread. Relaxing. Beautiful homes and buildings.

Thanks for the welcome and the warning.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-25-19 at 12:19 PM.

I've shopped SA purchasing the best things possible, including designer labels, business and casual. You need not look bad if you shop carefully [[wash, iron or dry clean the items purchased).

No one would know where I purchased the items.

It helps to have an eye for brand, style and fabric. I prefer Value World.
    I have a beautiful mahogany dresser and chest of drawers I bought from the Sal for $100 a piece. The dresser's mirror is large, and trimmed with rosewood inlay. The interior of the drawers are solid mahogany, rather than a cheaper wood or particle board and the corners are dovetailed. I could never find their equal at a furniture store.

I've also purchased a lot of vintage Pyrex, a couple of Coach bags, a nice North Face coat and a great Lazy Boy sofa from the Sal.

I have a beautiful mahogany dresser and chest of drawers I bought from the Sal for $100 a piece. The dresser's mirror is large, and trimmed with rosewood inlay. The interior of the drawers are solid mahogany, rather than a cheaper wood or particle board and the corners are dovetailed. I could never find their equal at a furniture store.

I've also purchased a lot of vintage Pyrex, a couple of Coach bags, a nice North Face coat and a great Lazy Boy sofa from the Sal.
    My boss is a world class thrift store shopper; she finds the most beautiful things that have never been worn with tags still on for absolute steals. She bought me a Michael Kors handbag for my birthday that I swear no one ever even unzipped. I don't have her skills but I wish I did

Aren't you an obnoxious shit. Stalk much? I work in a hospital emergency dept. My hours are long, erratic, and intense. When I go home after 12 pressure filled hours spent running on adrenaline, I need to unwind before falling asleep.
    Don't have to be kind to him, that's the nicest thing he's ever been called. Lol

Hah! When it gets too nuts [[smile) I go over to the Detroit side and look at architecture in the Detroit's Wealth Of Architectural Talent! thread. Relaxing. Beautiful homes and buildings.
    Thanks. Subscribed to that one.

Yep, doesn't get anymore worse that that. See what I mean? Some need the silent treatment.
    Last edited by Maof; August-25-19 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Yep, doesn't get anymore worse that that. See what I mean? Some need the silent treatment.
    One of the benefits of my job is I have Kevlar skin.

Interesting way to unwind,get involved in a political discussion.

What are your views towards religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Interesting way to unwind,get involved in a political discussion.
    Spoken like someone who has never spent much time in an emergency department in Detroit on a weekend night.

What are your views towards religion?
    My views are in line with Galileo's:

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

Spoken like someone who has never spent much time in an emergency department in Detroit on a weekend night.

My views are in line with Galileo's:

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
    Have you ever spent time in a shit hole country watching doctors patching up women and children that were hacked up with machetes because of thier religious beliefs on the dirt floor of a hut?

You can bet that it makes time in an emergency department on a weekend anywhere in this country a walk in the park.

Interesting how life works,this country complains about a tweet while 5000 miles away thousands of families will not make it through the night alive,in other countries a parent would not think twice about strapping a bomb to thier child and sending them into a crowd.

We are fortunate to be born for what ever reason in a country such as this and it really has little meaning.

Its nothing new,the way people are

The 303 fighter squadron was made up of Polish pilots that escaped to England when Germany invaded Poland.

They represented 20% of the English fighting airwing but were responsible for the highest number of kills,no other squadron could beat their record.

They played a major role in saving England during the British air war against Germany,had they lost Germany would have invaded England.

The war ended and 53% of the British population voted in favor of sending them back to Poland,which was under soviet control.

They were given 3 days to leave the country.

When they returned to Poland the Russians rounded them up and shot them dead.Seems like they had no room for Catholics and Jews.

You honestly believe that sense and reason exists in this world? Or even matters to most?

In a lot of countries they are the most devoted religious people that you could ever want to meet,it is debatable about motive though because it is the only thing they have in life and god left there a long time ago.
    Last edited by Richard; August-25-19 at 11:51 PM.

What about the millions of Koreans, Vietnamese, Laotians, Cambodians whose countries were bombed, and defoliated regardless of their political or religious beliefs? How much misery has the United States Government visited on people since the second world war, and it still goes on...

If you start mixing the Dog bless into it, it becomes just that more palatable, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Have you ever spent time in a shit hole country watching doctors patching up women and children that were hacked up with machetes because of thier religious beliefs on the dirt floor of a hut?
    Are you saying YOU have?
    If not, what does it have to do with her relaxing by reading DetYes as a way of unwinding after her shift?

Bernie is very old,
    That doesn't seem to bother the crowds of screaming people at all his events. Warren might be more acceptable to the party elites and they might try to shove her in with dirty tricks like they did with Clinton. She does not have Bernie's popularity right now and I don't think she will.

Bernie at the Minnesota State Fair.

https://youtu.be/hjxy6AJgOho

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Are you saying YOU have?
    If not, what does it have to do with her relaxing by reading DetYes as a way of unwinding after her shift?
    I included her quote in the reply,context.

Lots of People have stressful jobs,I would not have to spend time in all of those just as I would not have to spend a night at an emergency room in Detroit in order to comprehend that.

Bit that is why we are where we are at,people take a few words out of context and morphin them into something they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    That doesn't seem to bother the crowds of screaming people at all his events. Warren might be more acceptable to the party elites and they might try to shove her in with dirty tricks like they did with Clinton. She does not have Bernie's popularity right now and I don't think she will.

Bernie at the Minnesota State Fair.

https://youtu.be/hjxy6AJgOho
    It seems like it will be down to Biden,Warren and Sanders and how far left the DNC wants to identify the party as.

Both sides talk about crowd size but the last election was won by the silent majority.

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast