Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

The issue with vermin infested buildings lands squarely in his son-in-laws lap - he owns several buildings that have been cited numerous times for rat and roach infestations.

You didn't need a cable subscription, the CNN app, or a tv to watch the debates. I don't have any of those things. I did a google search, and found we can see them here: https://democrats.org/debate-live-stream/

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    The issue with vermin infested buildings lands squarely in his son-in-laws lap - he owns several buildings that have been cited numerous times for rat and roach infestations.
    The Trumps have been contributing to the problems around there for decades. His father owned a 504-unit housing complex in Prince George's county that he allowed to get so bad he was arrested and jailed for it.

Name:  trump_PG.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  122.8 KB

"Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power" by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher, p. 68
    Last edited by bust; August-02-19 at 12:12 AM.

That's right. And it's not helped Baltimore that they've had a row of corrupt mayors. A couple had to step down. I'll provide info when I find it...
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-01-19 at 12:09 PM.

BTW, I got that from this great Twitter thread that provides evidence where it is truly crime infested. Just look at how many criminals there have been living or working in Trump Tower. And I'm sure it's just a coincidence: more than half of them are Russian.

https://twitter.com/Zeddary/status/1155486497451184128
    Last edited by bust; August-01-19 at 12:10 PM.

To appreciate this, there are only three nations in the world, out of 230, with a higher per capita intentional homicide rate than Baltimore's

"Baltimore had the worst homicide rate among the nation’s 50 largest cities last year and the second-highest violent crime rate overall".
    "
    There were 342 homicides in Baltimore last year, 56 per 100,000 people who live in the city. That’s the highest per capita in the city’s history and, according to the FBI report Monday, the highest rate of any American city with more than 500,000 people. It’s also significantly higher than the rate in other big cities." -Baltimore Sun 8/25/18

Yep, and while there are many angry at Trumps comments, crime is and remains high in Baltimore, on thru to the next administration if not dealt with!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-01-19 at 01:28 PM.

Ah, that explains a lot.

I bet it's his in-laws rat and roach infested buildings that are in all “Baltimores” and it’s got nothing to do with the way democrats “run” the cities and never manage to clean them up no matter how much money they’re given to do it.

After all, if they did clean them up they wouldn’t need any more money to do it.
    Last edited by coracle; August-01-19 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, and while there are many angry at Trumps comments, crime is and remains high in Baltimore, on thru to the next administration if not dealt with!
    I don't see why anybody should be angry at Trump stating the TRUTH. Is there something special about cummings that makes him above criticism?

They're angry if they only FOCUS on and respond to Trump [[and many will).

We see that occurring. I wished he'd said nothing, as the wagons will NOW circle so tightly and reflexively that the reality of Baltimore will have to contort to that of problem-free city.

In the meantime the people living there will continue to suffer under crime and corruption.

Trumps comments will only serve as a distraction to any actual improvement for Baltimore.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-01-19 at 09:58 PM.

They're angry if they only FOCUS on and responding to Trump [[and many will).

We see that occurring. I wished he'd said nothing, as the wagons will NOW circle so tightly and reflexively that the reality of Baltimore will have to contort to that of problem-free city.

In the meantime the people living there will continue to suffer under crime and corruption.

Trumps comments will only serve as a distraction to any actual improvement for Baltimore.
    Sounds like a classic “catch 22”.

If he says nothing, nothing will happen, but if he does criticize, nothing will happen because the democrats will “circle the wagons” rather than admit he’s right [[again); and all time the people suffer [[and we piss away our tax payments down the democrat sink hole).

Well there’s democrats for you “in a nut shell”.

Cummings' district received just under $15.7billion in grants, benefits, and other aide from the federal government during fiscal year 2018, according to the Baltimore Sun. The population of Baltimore is 619,493.

$15.7B / 619,493 = $25,343 per person. The federal government handed out that amount to local Democrats to distribute to every man, woman, and child in Baltimore in 2018. "Where did it go?" seems like a valid question. It might make more sense to send everybody in Baltimore a check for that amount to avoid middleman costs.

Commings home burglarized. Oh my. Talk about irony!!

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...ummings-house/
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-01-19 at 10:34 PM.

Commings home burglarized. Oh my. Talk about irony!!

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...ummings-house/
    OH MY! The Russians did this to help D.T. !

Curious it happened at 3.40 am Saturday but we didn’t hear about it until Thursday. Wonder if there was some collusion with the media? Did they need time to move all the stuff?
    Last edited by coracle; August-02-19 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Cummings' district received just under $15.7billion in grants, benefits, and other aide from the federal government during fiscal year 2018, according to the Baltimore Sun. The population of Baltimore is 619,493.

$15.7B / 619,493 = $25,343 per person. The federal government handed out that amount to local Democrats to distribute to every man, woman, and child in Baltimore in 2018. "Where did it go?" seems like a valid question. It might make more sense to send everybody in Baltimore a check for that amount to avoid middleman costs.
    That may be one of the most disingenuous posts I have seen. From your linked article - the last is the only general budget item - and also probably takes the lion's share:
    "That includes Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security payments and defense contracts."

That may be one of the most disingenuous posts I have seen. From your linked article - the last is the only general budget item - and also probably takes the lion's share:
    "That includes Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security payments and defense contracts."
    "Probably takes the lion's share"? Are you guessing? Get back to us when you break it down. That's why Trump asked where it went. No one else seems to have the exact breakdown Maybe you're right but let's see your numbers. I don't see anything about federal aide to public schools either. I assume that's included but maybe that's a whole extra pile of money. HUD administrator "LYNNE PATTON: “This administration — and I want to say this expressly to Mayor Young and Michael Steele and Al Sharpton, who today called out the President and said let President Trump put his money where his mouth is. Well, boys and girls, I have a message for you, President Trump has given $16 billion in 2018 alone to Elijah Cummings’ district in federal grants. We have given more money in homeless funds to Baltimore than the last administration. We have given more money in community development grants than the last administration to Baltimore."

Yet somehow with all this
    lavish federal spending and wonderful Democratic oversight and control in Baltimore, the city has the highest murder rates and the second highest crime rates for a city it size.This is a city where the police were told to stand down in 2015 while its retail stores were being burned down.

The scariest part of the recent democrat “debates” in Detroit is they ALL have PLANS and they’re all different. Absolutely NO overall policy except ‘peach 45 and “you’re a racist”. NO LEADERSHIP WHATSOEVER.

The only condition common to ALL 20 participants is there was ZERO American flags displayed - tells you all you need to know about these illegal alien “lovers”.
    Last edited by coracle; August-03-19 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    The scariest part of the recent democrat “debates” in Detroit is they ALL have PLANS and they’re all different. Absolutely NO overall policy except ‘peach 45 and “you’re a racist”. NO LEADERSHIP WHATSOEVER.

The only condition common to ALL 20 participants is there was ZERO American flags displayed - tells you all you need to know about these illegal alien “lovers”.

Bet you a dollar [[Canadian) that Patrick Crusius wasn't no democrat.

from Heavy.com

FBI Investigating Possible Manifesto in El Paso Walmart Shooting

The attack that claimed the lives of at least 19 people, including an infant, is Patrick Crusius’ response to the “Hispanic invasion of Texas,” as noted in a manifesto purported to have been written by the alleged El Paso mass shooter.
    “Even if other non-immigrant targets would have a greater impact, I can’t bring myself to kill my fellow Americans.” He said he supported the Christchurch shooting citing the “Great Replacement” anti-immigration theory postured there.
    The manifesto is called “The Inconvenient Truth.” It’s reported to have been authored and uploaded to the internet by the 21-year-old. In it, Crusius says, “My whole life I have been preparing for a future that currently doesn’t exist.”

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Question, have you got on each of the candidates websites and examined what manifesto/platform/commitments they've published?

My offhand sense is that you have not. But I will gladly stand to be corrected if that is not the case.

Rather than wasting your time watching scripted blather, why don't you go to the websites an see what they have to say.

I'll forgive you for not doing all 20 or so, even I only looked at the top 8 or so, but then again, I'm not a US Citizen and I don't get to vote, took me about 2 hours, 15m per website on average to read everything they say they will do.

Might prove a worthwhile time investment and less so than watching one debate.

Really? It does? You know, I've watched political debates and campaigns in more than a dozen countries, and I have yet to see even one candidate, in any country other than the U.S. wear a national flag on their lapel.

Some of those candidates are downright nationalist xenophobes....and they still don't bother.

Because they understand that that is theatrical BS for the weak minded.

Just like wearing a cross does not make you a Christian.

It just means you polled to see if it would be popular or not.

Really.........you can do better by way of an opinion. Research, gather evidence.....facts........not useless supposition.

^ what is it with you Canadians and your hatred towards any American that wears or displays the flag of thier country or is proud of thier country?

Let me guess, placing the flag on veterans graves or flying the American flag out in front of homes is also theatrical BS to you also?

Let me guess,the flag that you guys display on your ships is not an actual maple leaf but the international symbol for,prick.

How about you worry about feeding your school children before you decide to crawl even lower while disrespecting our flag and what it stands for.

Most of the progressive left commies do not deserve to be under the sanctuary of the US flag because they hate anything and every thing it stands for.You seem like you would fit right in with them.
    Last edited by Richard; August-03-19 at 11:15 PM.

Believe me #445 I have zero interest in “opinions” you, or your Canadian sidekick, canuck, has about anything. Like your geese, you’re both full of shit. Although you’re definitely a lot fuller than he is.
    Last edited by coracle; August-04-19 at 06:46 AM.

“I'LL FORGIVE YOU for not doing all 20 or so, EVEN I only looked at the top 8 or so, but then again, I'm not a US Citizen and I don't get to vote, took me about 2 hours, 15m per website on average to read everything they say they will do.”

WHAT TOTAL CONDESCENSION! You can stick your forgiveness. And 20 hours in a totally useless endeavor for someone not having a vote. Get a life! Or are you just plain stupid?
    Last edited by coracle; August-04-19 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Question, have you got on each of the candidates websites and examined what manifesto/platform/commitments they've published?

My offhand sense is that you have not. But I will gladly stand to be corrected if that is not the case.

Rather than wasting your time watching scripted blather, why don't you go to the websites an see what they have to say.

I'll forgive you for not doing all 20 or so, even I only looked at the top 8 or so, but then again, I'm not a US Citizen and I don't get to vote, took me about 2 hours, 15m per website on average to read everything they say they will do.

Might prove a worthwhile time investment and less so than watching one debate.

Really? It does? You know, I've watched political debates and campaigns in more than a dozen countries, and I have yet to see even one candidate, in any country other than the U.S. wear a national flag on their lapel.

Some of those candidates are downright nationalist xenophobes....and they still don't bother.

Because they understand that that is theatrical BS for the weak minded.

Just like wearing a cross does not make you a Christian.

It just means you polled to see if it would be popular or not.

Really.........you can do better by way of an opinion. Research, gather evidence.....facts........not useless supposition.

Might be worth your time to go see what parliament is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Might be worth your time to go see what parliament is up to.
    What would leave you under the impression that I am not?

I read every bill that is introduced.

Which I do, by clicking on this bookmarked link, which shows all active bills under consideration, and their stage in the process.

https://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/LAAG.aspx?Language=E

Likewise, I read every party's political platform, cover to cover, for the Conservatives, the Liberals, the New Democrats and the Greens.

That's just what a responsible, well-informed citizen should do, so what when a candidate for office comes door-knocking you can ask intelligent and pointed questions.

The problems w/your politics aren't my fault, they're the problem of uninformed voters who don't vote, or vote mindlessly for the same party, or who fail to read what candidates or parties actually commit to in writing.

The problems w/politics in Canada, which there very much are; are my problem [[in part) to fix, I'll be damned if I would ever be caught sitting at home yelling at my TV imagining that would help.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast