Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    In the last four years democrats have lost an election they rigged and lost an investigation they rigged. They have failed miserably to achieve ANYTHING for the American people. Their policy is HATE.
    Ah, nothing but utter BS with no factual basis.

The current economic recovery? steady state at the rate it was under Obama's policies, and nothing has been done to change that.
    Hate? who ran on a platform of hate? Oh, yes. every damn Republikan in office. Lost an investigation they rigged? One headed by a former GOP loyalist? That shows clear malfeasance on the part of the president and his operatives, and resulted in numerous pleas and convictions. And you count that as a WIN for your side? God, how utterly stupid a belief that is.

Sorry 336. Forgot you existed. When I wrote “Their policy is HATE”, it should have been HATE and DELUSION to cover you and your ilk.

PS. when you commented “nothing but utter BS with no factual basis” you were obviously thinking ahead and referring to the crap you were about to concoct.

^ calling BS on the Democrats losing the election would be correct,because we all know that the democrats won the election and the current president ran in the Democratic Party.

You really have to throw things like common sense,looking at the obvious and others aside when having discussions with some.

There could be a twister coming at you and you point it out to some and they would demand facts and meteorologists opinions backed up by documents that it is in fact a twister,sometimes it is just better to say nothing and let them drown in thier own apathy,they are the ones that will continue to lose,not us.

Sorry 336. Forgot you existed. When I wrote “Their policy is HATE”, it should have been HATE and DELUSION to cover you and your ilk.

PS. when you commented “nothing but utter BS with no factual basis” you were obviously thinking ahead and referring to the crap you were about to concoct.
    Show me the facts that back up your bullshit. You have none.

You’re so funny 336.

Your whole democrat “universe” is pitted against one successful man and he keeps sticking it right back up yours’. It is so hilarious to watch.

We are ALL LAUGHING AT YOU in your dem [[dream) world [[sorry, I forgot, dems, don’t do humor).

PS. facts don’t matter when you’re winning 336. facts are for losers. Only WINNING matters; and you ain’t getting any winning. NO COLLUSION; NO OBSTRUCTION. You’ve been “Meulered” and “Nadlered” to death [[not to say “Trumped” - so I won’t say it).

PS. facts don’t matter when you’re winning 336. facts are for losers. Only WINNING matters; and you ain’t getting any winning. NO COLLUSION; NO OBSTRUCTION. You’ve been “Meulered” and “Nadlered” to death [[not to say “Trumped” - so I won’t say it).
    THAT is the height of stupidity. And what, exactly, has Trumpy won, other than the minds of idiots who don't think facts matter and racist thugs he has empowered?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    THAT is the height of stupidity. And what, exactly, has Trumpy won, other than the minds of idiots who don't think facts matter and racist thugs he has empowered?
    When you can’t shut them up, introduce the “racist card”. “democrat 101”.

Of course he has won the Presidency.
    Last edited by coracle; May-16-19 at 01:43 PM.

Default George Clooney's PSA for UDUMASS

It is a classic

Is this the same smarmy smug udumass george looney that confidently vowed to the world that Trump could never win the Presidency?

“There's not going to be a President Donald Trump," Clooney stated. That's not going to happen...” Typical hollywood udumass “star”; all mouth and bs.

“It is a classic” as per 336. But with a definitive result! Trump is President!

Now there’s a fact for you 336 - swallow it!
    Last edited by coracle; May-16-19 at 12:57 PM.

Jimaz, do you have opinions of your own or do you always have to defer to some liberal charlatan to “speak” for you?

The last case of course being your Cary Grant/Clark Gable wannabe “mouthpiece” #334.
    Last edited by coracle; May-16-19 at 12:55 PM.

Haven’t seen any attempts yet by dems extolling the virtues of their many Presidential Candidates in ”dem. Land” on this Thread [[they must be inwardly cringing)!

It’s incredible to think that one of these 25+ weirdos could end up in the White House. They are ALL so pathetically inappropriate to represent America.

THANK GOD WE’VE GOT PRESIDENT TRUMP.

Haven’t seen any attempts yet by dems extolling the virtues of their many Presidential Candidates..!
    I will make a sincere but offhand effort to help our Democratic friends to get this started:
    1) Tulsi Gabbard has a history of opposing US military involvement in the mid-east and Arab world. She even visited Assad for which she was condemned by fellow Democrats.
    2) Bernie voted against the Iraq War. His votes have generally been anti-war and not interventionist. I think he is on the honest side as politicians come.
    3) Elizabeth Warren is a policy person. Like her policies or not, she lays out problems and detailed solutions like taxing wealth to pay for student loans. Her wealth tax would only be imposed on the very rich and only up to 2% of their wealth per year at least initially.
    4) Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Gillibrand all had good grades in college.
    5) De Blasio is tall and Biden is handsome for his age. Taller presidential candidates usually win. Put Biden in a white coat with a stethoscope and he could sell medical products to old people in TV ads. He is that reassuring. Either would look more fit than Trump in a debate.
    6) Biden is a good debater. I thought that Paul Ryan would chew up Biden in their VP debate. Biden exuded enough confidence and feeling that he won the debate.
    7) Montana's Governor, Steve Bullock, seems willing to bridge part of the gap between Republicans and Democrats in Montana. Even his surname fits Montana. Mr. Bullock used to oppose gun control. As recently as 2016, he rejected universal background checks and emphasized that during his tenure, “our Second Amendment rights have been expanded in Montana.” -NY Times
    8) If one looks up their comments from 20 years ago, many of the Democratic presidential candidates said things that could be viewed as supporting national rather than international interests. In fact, Bernie slipped a couple of weeks ago. Regarding open borders, he said, “Oh my god, there’s a lot of poverty in this world, and you’re going to have people from all over the world. And I don’t think that’s something that we can do at this point. Can’t do it,”
    Last edited by oladub; May-18-19 at 07:31 AM.

After two and a half years of doing NOTHING except “LYING, HOAXING and HATING”, Congressional democrats have experienced an utter failure of their impeachment policy, and are left with over 20 irrelevant weirdo presidential candidates; totally ineffective representatives; and gazing at their own navels.

Their one success is enabling the continuing ascendancy of President Trump.

THANKS!
    Last edited by coracle; May-20-19 at 09:20 AM.

Continuing my effort to help extol the virtues of Democratic presidential candidates listed in post #339:

9) Sen. Gillibrand supports Postal Banking. I found this in a list of 10 new welfare programs for black Americans she supports but I really like this one.

"
    The number of unbanked families remains stubbornly high in this country, with the FDIC reporting that about 10 million American families lack bank accounts. Predatory financial services targeting low-wealth, unbanked families thrive due to the lack of competition from a public banking option. People of color are particularly vulnerable to being unbanked, as are rural populations, the very young and the elderly. The postal service is uniquely positioned to provide essential financial services to these families including short term, low-level loans to address income volatility."

Think about this. Almost every small town has a post office. Inner cities have post offices. Both areas often have no banks. The Post office could provide universal banking services to large unserved areas of the nation. As mail volumes decline, this would be a role that might allow the Postal Service to survive. I'm acquainted with a postal employee from Taiwan who worked on the bank side of the Taiwan Post Office [[services provided). That government bank paid less interest than private banks but was great for convenience and people trusted it more. Having such a national banking outlet system would be a huge infrastructure boost to inner city and rural areas. Anyway - a kind word for Gillibrand for endorsing this idea.

Having Government Bank Accounts could also open up a potential route for a new undercover “entitlement” of slipping a few dollars into selected preferred accounts on a monthly basis [[depending on who they voted for!)
    10) Biden spent over 50 years in Government and at last knows how to do the right things for the American people.
    11) Bill de Blasio says there’s plenty of money around but the wrong people have it.
    12) Wigwam Warren wants legal abortion for everybody [[now she’s been safely/sadly born).
    13) Spartacus just wants somebody to want him.
    14) Beto O’Rouke’s arms have spun off into space.
    15) Gillibrand would release all illegal aliens in America [[with Government funded postal bank accounts).
    16) Sanders has run out of “other people’s money” to give away.
    17) Buttplug wants to be the first “female” President, but he can’t get around being white.
    Last edited by coracle; May-20-19 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Continuing my effort to help extol the virtues of Democratic presidential candidates listed in post #339:

9) Sen. Gillibrand supports Postal Banking. I found this in a list of 10 new welfare programs for black Americans she supports but I really like this one.

"
    The number of unbanked families remains stubbornly high in this country, with the FDIC reporting that about 10 million American families lack bank accounts. Predatory financial services targeting low-wealth, unbanked families thrive due to the lack of competition from a public banking option. People of color are particularly vulnerable to being unbanked, as are rural populations, the very young and the elderly. The postal service is uniquely positioned to provide essential financial services to these families including short term, low-level loans to address income volatility."

Think about this. Almost every small town has a post office. Inner cities have post offices. Both areas often have no banks. The Post office could provide universal banking services to large unserved areas of the nation. As mail volumes decline, this would be a role that might allow the Postal Service to survive. I'm acquainted with a postal employee from Taiwan who worked on the bank side of the Taiwan Post Office [[services provided). That government bank paid less interest than private banks but was great for convenience and people trusted it more. Having such a national banking outlet system would be a huge infrastructure boost to inner city and rural areas. Anyway - a kind word for Gillibrand for endorsing this idea.
    I thought gas stations and party stores were already fulfilling that need with check cashing and letting people run up tabs.

Those folks sit up there thinking they know,they have little common sense and zero street sense.

I am sitting watching Biden and his whole speech is constantly repeating,we are going to beat Donald Trump.People applause and he repeats it again lol

It reminds me of when I feed the cats,rattle the bag and they come running for the free food,when I do not feed them they stay away.
    Last edited by Richard; May-20-19 at 04:31 PM.

Today's thought from AOC regarding community gardens:

"When someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something — what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism.""That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmental movements because they come with the colonial lens on them." -AOC visiting a community garden in the Bronx 5/21/19

I'm not sure what she's talking about or if yucca can be grown in the Bronx but maybe quotas of yuccas could be required of community gardens as a Green New Deal mandate. This falls short of making my list of Democratic Presidential Candidate virtues.

Back to Sen. Gillibrand's support of a Post Office Bank. Not only would various banking and other services be brought into inner cities and rural areas but the rest of us would have places to do banking anywhere we travel in the U.S..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am sitting watching Biden and his whole speech is constantly repeating,we are going to beat Donald Trump.People applause and he repeats it again lol.
    Hey, It worked for Hillary.

Today's thought from AOC regarding community gardens:

"When someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something — what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism.""That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmental movements because they come with the colonial lens on them." -AOC visiting a community garden in the Bronx 5/21/19

I'm not sure what she's talking about or if yucca can be grown in the Bronx but maybe quotas of yuccas could be required of community gardens as a Green New Deal mandate. This falls short of making my list of Democratic Presidential Candidate virtues.

Back to Sen. Gillibrand's support of a Post Office Bank. Not only would various banking and other services be brought into inner cities and rural areas but the rest of us would have places to do banking anywhere we travel in the U.S..
    A friend decided to grow Yucca plants in front of his home here in Detroit. Within a few years they got so big, he ended up tearing them out. I'm pretty sure the Bronx has a similar environment to Detroit's, so my guess is they would do fine. Why you'd want to grow Yucca, instead of, let's say cauliflower, or something, I'm not sure. Here in Detroit, there are a variety of bank branches everywhere, so I don't know what all that excitement is about. Most of Detroit's low income economy is an underground economy, and folks like their money to stay that way. During the last recession, a lot of folks had cash stashed, and bought homes elsewhere, while the gettin' was good. Also low income folks tend to live paycheck to paycheck. I'm not sure what good a PO bank would do them. People like to stay under the radar, so to speak. As far as travel, you have credit cards, debit cards, and internet access, if you need a cash infusion.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-22-19 at 07:02 AM.

I think the postal banking thing mentioned above was orginally a Bernie idea.
    Edit: here's a link from 2014:

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsr...postal-service

Article on a different topic:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...20-838156/amp/

“Stephanopoulos shamelessly implied that because I oppose going to war with Russia, I’m not a loyal American, but a Putin puppet,” Gabbard told
    Rolling Stone
    . “It just shows what absurd lengths warmongers in the media will go, to try to destroy the reputation of anyone who dares oppose their warmongering.”
    Last edited by Pam; May-22-19 at 08:45 AM.

Honky Tonk, Well, there you go. I thought yucca was more an Arizona crop. Maybe AOC had a good idea too. But my community garden plat is already wall to wall garlic with some tomatoes and eventually green peppers. I hope all my garlic isn't deemed excessively colonial. There is always next year for growing yucca. I can Google recipes for my 2020 Thanksgiving stuffing. It might distract everyone from arguing about the coming election.

My list of Democratic Presidential Candidates good ideas [[continued) were AOC a Presidential Candidate:

10) People should grow yucca instead of cauliflower in their community gardens.

Where would we be without Democrats?

I'm still a believer in Sen. Gillebrand's and Bernie's [[Thank you Pam) postal banks despite everyone's naysaying. Doing Google map searches of "banks Detroit, MI" and "post offices Detroit, MI", there seems to be more post offices scattered around east of I-75 in Detroit than banks. I wonder how all the people living living in my old neighborhoods get banking stuff done without traveling to the edge of Detroit and beyond. The Bush II, Obama, and Trump administration have all trashed postal infrastructure. Expanding the post office mission to include banking services, as some other countries have, might allow the Postal Service to afford to continue to provide its basic services. I doubt that UPS would be willing to deliver letters to Alaska for $.55 should the Postal Service be privatized.
    Last edited by oladub; May-22-19 at 10:28 AM.

Honky Tonk, Well, there you go. I thought yucca was more an Arizona crop. Maybe AOC had a good idea too. But my community garden plat is already wall to wall garlic with some tomatoes and eventually green peppers. I hope all my garlic isn't deemed excessively colonial. There is always next year for growing yucca. I can Google recipes for my 2020 Thanksgiving stuffing. It might distract everyone from arguing about the coming election.

My list of Democratic Presidential Candidates good ideas [[continued) were AOC a Presidential Candidate:

10) People should grow yucca instead of cauliflower in their community gardens.

Where would we be without Democrats?

I'm still a believer in Sen. Gillebrand's and Bernie's [[Thank you Pam) postal banks despite everyone's naysaying. Doing Google map searches of "banks Detroit, MI" and "post offices Detroit, MI", there seems to be more post offices scattered around east of I-75 in Detroit than banks. I wonder how all the people living living in my old neighborhoods get banking stuff done without traveling to the edge of Detroit and beyond. The Bush II, Obama, and Trump administration have all trashed postal infrastructure. Expanding the post office mission to include banking services, as some other countries have, might allow the Postal Service to afford to continue to provide its basic services. I doubt that UPS would be willing to deliver letters to Alaska for $.55 should the Postal Service be privatized.
    About the only thing I could see people using the PO bank for would be cashing checks and paying utilities, but, if I'm not mistaken, party stores and gas stations already do that. The only way PO bank could complete would be if they also sold gasoline and liquor, AND they'd have to keep party store and gas station hours. I can hear it now, "cash my check, give me a pack of Kools, a pint of VO, 4 cups, $20 on #3, pay my water bill, and give me a book of those flower stamps". Actually, add Lottery in there and it isn't such a bad idea. I get where you're coming from, though, but fiscal responsibility needs to be taught @ an early age. People that have it can find their way to a bank, or bank online. People that don't, or just manage to hold above minimum wage jobs, aren't going to take advantage of the PO bank. I do "Ok", don't live paycheck to paycheck, and haven't set foot in my bank in years. But I've set things up to work that way. My bank has no branches in Detroit either. I think brick and mortar banks are going the way of the shopping mall.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast