Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Whitmer Extending Restrictions Again. Is mass insubordination on the way?

Governor Whitmer has just announced another open ended extension of the mandatory closures of dine in eating, salons, gyms, bars and limited openings for some non-essential retailers by appointment only [[However that's supposed to work).

I've been supportive of most of the Governor's actions up to this point, but this is about the end of it. And judging by the number of businesses that are beginning to openly flaunt theses rules, it's apparent I'm not the only one. I have a feeling things are going to get even more interesting in this state.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/21/coronavirus-michigan-reopening-whitmer-retail-auto-dental/5235512002/

Edit. I probably should have added this to the existing Corona thread. If someone could move it I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by Johnnny5; May-21-20 at 01:52 PM.

It is getting ready to have some serious consequences across the country, even businesses that are already opening cannot survive at 25 to 30% capacity.

Business contained within office complexes and even the complexes up selves will not make it much longer, when they place the 6 foot rule you have to double your space while employing half of the staff.

I have customers that are re-opening as a husband and wife team that in the past they would've had 10 employees.

The courts are also re-opening which in turn will start processing evictions, the first stimulus package ends July 31 the ones that are choosing not to go back to work are going to be in for a rough time come august.

It is interesting how some states are able to figure things out while others, not so much.

The longer the lockdowns draw out the more damage is done, it appears some like to maintain control at any cost.

Hopes this gets fixed soon. I was planning to come up to The D in September.