Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

^ geeze you are taking about a group of people that did not understand what the electoral vote was when it came to presidential election.

Do you think it is kinda strange that the liberal school system removed basic civics classes from the classroom.

When I was a kid you could not hid from the little “I am just a bill” cartoon guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

Then there is the whole little pesky constitution thing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVmIrAiQB8

The system works as designed,it does not allow a group to stand up and yell impeach without due process.

Every single election would start with the opposition starting impeachment hearings the next day.

Our founding fathers figured out a system based on thousands of years of government and thier different ways and means,I think they did a pretty good job of coming up with a system that may not be perfect,but it works.

A lot of our past and present generations have sacrificed and protected that system to keep it intact.

If we start tinkering and tweaking it where does it end?

Well we can see where it ends in some countries where thier leaders decided to tweak thier system to benefit them solely.

It is all about resist and resist only,it has nothing to do with anything else,so it does not need to make any kind of rational sense,like why go through motions that you know will never go anywhere.

It gives the party of the people an excuse to do nothing while looking like they are hard at work doing something.

Have you seen our inner cites? The wasted energy that could have been put to good use,it is actually pretty sad.

Yey we are up here working hard for you on this impeach Trump thing,in the meantime just grab yourself a fresh piece of cardboard and curl up under that overpass in case of it starts raining,we will get back to you.Maybe.
    Last edited by Richard; September-24-19 at 12:54 AM.

Do you think it is kinda strange that the liberal school system removed basic civics classes from the classroom.
    Maybe Florida did that, which explains a lot. However, Michigan requires US Government for graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    Maybe Florida did that, which explains a lot. However, Michigan requires US Government for graduation.
    Michigan disagrees with you

Only nine states require students to pass a social studies test to graduate from high school: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia. Georgia’s will be phased out, but Maryland and Florida are slated to add high-stakes tests.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1959522

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Michigan disagrees with you

Only nine states require students to pass a social studies test to graduate from high school: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia. Georgia’s will be phased out, but Maryland and Florida are slated to add high-stakes tests.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1959522
    No Michigan does not disagree with me. Do you understand the difference between a class and a test? Michigan requires a class.

No Michigan does not disagree with me. Do you understand the difference between a class and a test? Michigan requires a class.

LANSING, Mich. [[AP) A new law requires Michigan's high school social studies curriculum to include material covered by the 100 questions on the civics portion of the U.S. naturalization test.
    Lt. Gov. Brian Calley signed the bill Wednesday.

[COLOR=rgba[[0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]The Michigan Legislature last week gave final approval to a bill that will require the state's social studies standards to cover the same material that those wanting to be U.S. citizens must know to pass the civics portion of the citizenship exam and the state high school exam also must test students on this material. The standards must be updated by May 1, 2018.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...408585935.html

So HuffPost got it wrong and students are now required to take the class and the test.

Interesting sense the amount of people that thought it was a majority vote that wins the presidency.

Maybe a class and a test is a waste of educational dollars as it would seem that it is forgotten pretty quick even more so the the right to a jury outside of public opinion.
    [/COLOR]

Interesting sense the amount of people that thought it was a majority vote that wins the presidency.
    Of course you have a source for that right?

Of course you have a source for that right?
    Of course

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wrWzBg475Q8

Not to even mention the 14 blue states that tried to revamp it

https://www.cursor.org/politics/2019...lar-votes.html

If you would have taken your civics class then it would not even be an issue.

What you provided is anecdotal. Wanting to remove the electoral college is not the same as a person thinking the presidency is chosen by the majority. Wanting to remove the electoral college means a person thinks the president should be chosen by the majority.

Personally, I have never encountered a person who did not know that the electoral college determine the president.

I did take civics, though it's called American Government here. In fact, I took AP Government which counted as college credit.

New York bans calling someone an ‘illegal alien’ out of hate

From article:

It’s now against the law in New York City to threaten someone with a call to immigration authorities or refer to them as an “illegal alien” when motivated by hate.

The restrictions — violations of which are punishable by fines of up to $250,000 per offense — are outlined in a 29-page directive released by City Hall’s Commission on Human Rights.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-29-19 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    New York bans calling someone an ‘illegal alien’ out of hate

From article:

It’s now against the law in New York City to threaten someone with a call to immigration authorities or refer to them as an “illegal alien” when motivated by hate.

The restrictions — violations of which are punishable by fines of up to $250,000 per offense — are outlined in a 29-page directive released by City Hall’s Commission on Human Rights.
    "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech"

The Constitution doesn't say anything about NY City bureaucrats reading people's hearts, formerly something left for the gods, to do what Congress can't do. One way around this local abridgment is to just report suspected illegal aliens to ICE without warnings. NY City hasn't made that illegal.

This law doesn't make it illegal to be illegal. It instead prioritizes illegality over certain criticisms of illegality. Next, we will be hearing of the need for more 'affordable housing' from some other bureaucracy without a thought about how NY City got there.

Oladub, I suggest you fundamentally misunderstand the intention of the law. That's not surprising considering the source of the article that started the discussion.

The Wall Street Journal presents a much more balanced view:

New York City Employers Who Say ‘Go Back to Your Country’ Could Face Fines
    New guidelines specify what threats against undocumented immigrants violate law
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...es-11569438201

The Wall Street Journal is conservative, like the NY Post. It's owned by Murdoch, even. But unlike the NY Post, it aims higher than for clickbait.

The business model of the Post is to look for opportunities like these to push every emotional button possible to rile up their core readers [[less educated, right wing). Click, enrage, share, repeat.

People who read the Post are less informed than if they read nothing at all.

Whether imperfectly written, this law has the good intention of preventing real problems: landlords, employers, and businesses harassing people they suspect are not citizens. Much of that was already illegal, but the enforcement lacked teeth and definition. If there is a legitimate bone to pick it is if and how the definition of what is illegal was expanded.

That said, the lawmakers should have seen this coming. If a better law wasn't in order [[and I don't understand the details to suggest whether one was), at the very least they should have known outlets like Fox and the Post would seize upon this as red meat for their masses, and worked harder to get ahead of their right wing click bait spin. This way too easily plays into their hands.

PS: Sorry everyone, the first time I read the WSJ article I encountered no paywall, but the second time I did. You can circumvent that via a link from a google search, like this one that searches for the headline. When I tried that, it worked for me, again.

bust, The new law will not let landlords deny someone rentals because they are illegal non-citizens. Landlords are forced to aid and abet criminality. The law makes it illegal for landlords to threaten to call ICE because of their tenants immigration status. Consider that the federal government can check on immigration status for prospective employees. Illegal non-citizens shouldn't be here yet NY City will severely punish anyone who even gives a warning that they might cooperate with federal laws. I know of no other types of crime that are promoted and protected. This is an attack on the 1st. Amendment and the rule of law and is based, in part, on perceived motivations. No wonder Mayor de Blasio dropped out of the Democratic presidential primary with almost 0% support. This doesn't fly in Iowa.

A person [[including a group of persons, business, organization or local government) commits a federal felony when he:

1. assists an alien whom he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him to obtain employment,
    2. encourages that alien to remain in the U.S., by referring him to an employer, by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
    3. knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.
    4. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit [[or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

It is a violation of law for any person to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection in any place, including any building or means of transportation, any alien who is in the United States in violation of law.16 Harboring means any conduct that tends to substantially facilitate an alien to remain in the U.S. illegally.17 The sheltering need not be clandestine, and harboring covers aliens arrested outdoors, as well as in a building. This provision includes harboring an alien who entered the U.S. legally, but has since lost his legal status.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal...illegal-aliens

^ Trump earned 306 Electoral College votes in 2016 to Clinton's 232. But Clinton, who won the popular vote, still argues against his legitimacy as a president since she earned around 3 million more votes than him.

Even she does not understand that the presidency is not won on the popular vote,or she does but thinks her based is that stupid not to have figured it out yet.

^^^ Hah! Had Trump won by the Popular vote the Electoral would be championed as the best option!

Mrs Clinton and Chelsea just wrote a book about "Gutsy Women" and are on the publicity trail right now. Doesn't signify a run.

Yeah I was half funning...... She'd not win anyway.

There's enough women that don't care for her [[even despite Trump).

Good look with the book!

Good look with the book!
    If the Democratic national convention winds up hopelessly deadlocked, Hillary could offer her services. It's a long shot but, like Romney and summer bugs, Hillary has been showing up in spotlights lately.

Good look with the book!
    Well, I'm a woman and I like her...I think her time to run for the presidency is over, but as a strong woman with brains and guts, I like her

^^^ I am a woman. I admire and know many women who are smart and strong. I did not, and would not vote for Hillary Clinton.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-04-19 at 01:07 PM.

AOC town hall meeting.

Climate change woman says,we need to eat the babies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=HULW-ODeqLg

And they say Trump supporters are deplorable?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    AOC town hall meeting.

Climate change woman says,we need to eat the babies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=HULW-ODeqLg

And they say Trump supporters are deplorable?
    And how do you know she's isn't a Trump supporter? Could be a plant!

[[I'd love to let this one sit and see how long it takes Richard to realize......but I can't.....LOL........) We don't all wear tin foil hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    And how do you know she's isn't a Trump supporter? Could be a plant!

[[I'd love to let this one sit and see how long it takes Richard to realize......but I can't.....LOL........) We don't all wear tin foil hats.
    I agree. She could be a plant although she would be easier to track down than the anonymous whistleblower's "anonymous sources" but not weirder than the abortion doctor who stored a thousand aborted embryos in his garage or Democratic politicians who promote 3rd. trimester abortions. Tulsi Gabbard is the only Democratic Presidential candidate who has expressed any interest at maintaining the Roe vs. Wade status quo.

Here is what happens when the republican tax plan is passed off as a Bernie plan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-33SQ_2fEoc

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast