Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default PAGING KINDRED SPIRITS, tponetom

PAGING KINDRED SPIRITS, tponetom

[[Everything that goes around, comes around.)
    PAGING KINDRED SPIRITS, tponetom

[[Everything that goes around, comes around.)

I know it is redundant to state that every member of this Forum is a ‘kindred spirit.’ Not so much in bloodline, of course, but rather emotionally. The singular connection is our dedication to Detroit; Past, Present, and hopefully, the Future! There has to be a multitude of minor connections, intermingled within the ranks. Things like:
    "I liked that persons post or reply. I agree with another persons opinion. Still another person hit the nail on the head." And on and on. [[And yes, there are a few U. P. afficionados, bless their hearts!)

I can sum up my attitude with the following quotation:

True happiness is of a retired nature, and an enemy to pomp and noise;
    It arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self,
    And in the next from the friendship and conversation
    Of a few select companions.
    Joseph Addison [[1762 - 1719

Physicians first studied digoxin in the 18th century. William Withering published his classic account of foxglove and some of its medical uses in 1785, remarking upon his experience with digitalis. Indians in South America had used cardiac glycosides in their dart poisons. Digitalis toxicity was well known in previous centuries, and some have suggested that the toxic visual symptoms of digitalis may have played a role in Van Gogh's use of swirling greens and yellows.
    During the early 20th century, the drug was introduced as treatment of atrial fibrillation. Only subsequently was the value of digitalis for the treatment of congestive heart failure [[CHF) established.

The syndrome of digoxin toxicity was originally described in 1785 by Withering.
    [[http://www.medscape.com/article/814404-overview)

My note: I have been using digoxin for 5 years, treating my A-Fib, and Coumadin to prevent blood clots.
    Do not confuse A - Fib with Ventricular Fibrillation. With V-Fib you might have a minute or so to get on a defibrillator.
    So, what is my point?
    Philosophy or Medications, everything that goes around, comes around; even after 200 years or so

This is the motto of another great Detroit Forum, Tribes Of The Cass Corridor:

" Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends."
    William Butler Yeats