Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any Vintage Detroit Cigar History buffs?

I'm looking for cigar brand logos during the 1890s to 1910s. So far I have the Mazen Humo, Mazen Dime Bank, Mazen Hand Made, Moebs Ben Hur, R & S Rothenberg, R & S Black Gold, Banner Royal Banner, Alex Gordon Austin Blair, Newboy Brown Brothers, Hemmeter Champion and Great Lakes Perfecto

From my research some of these brands were bought and sold and switch manufacturers so I'm probably off with a few as far the original manufacturers, but if anyone has more information on anymore vintage Detroit cigar brands, please chime in. I'd really appreciate it.

Have a look through the five pages of this old thread to start: http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1227151144

There's an estate sale today thru Sunday in Rochester [[for some reason, i can't copy and paste). Anyway, this place is packed with "collectibles" including vintage tobacco. 1275 W.Fairview, Rochester, Mi or you can check it out on EstateSales.net.

side note - a very good friend of mine's grandfather started Royal Banner. There's a story of when he died and her grandmother had to sell the company. She didn't go into too much detail, but it was an "offer she couldn't refuse".

Sooo - in Detroit we've been rollin' blunts for how long?
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-28-17 at 07:12 AM.

That last reply, lol. I just read this thread, didn't think I was going to get any traction. Thanx alot for the information! I guess I missed the estate sell.