Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best Lasagna in Metro Detroit

Need recommendations.

Antonio's on 14 Mile in Sterling Heights. You want it made by an old Italian lady, not some asshat at a yuppie cafe at Somerset.

Gotta go with Roma.

Giovanni's is hard to beat. Haven't tried Roma's, though.

Pias in Taylor Tucky, Ecorse near 94...pizza is good too

LodgeDodger Guest

You're all wrong--my lasagna is the best in the Detroit area.

Okay LD... how about sharing the recipe?

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    Okay LD... how about sharing the recipe?
    In a true Italian fashion, I don't have a "recipe". I make fresh sauce, use three types of cheese [[mozz, parmesan, and ricotta), use equal parts fresh Italian sausage and ground beef, add lots of love, layer it all and you've got my lasagna.

Ground beef? Man, you need veal in there too!

my house even my spinach lasagna is good. only fresh ricotta...none of that crap in the tub in the dairy department

Roma is really good. Haven't tried it at Giovanni's, but I bet it's also top-notch.

If my mom still cooked - it would be hers! I always requested it for my birthday dinner. Mmmmmmm - mama's lasagna!

Mr. Blue sez that my lasagne is the BEST! My "recipe" is very close to LodgeDodger's. Maybe we need a lasagne cook-off? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Mr. Blue sez that my lasagne is the BEST! My "recipe" is very close to LodgeDodger's. Maybe we need a lasagne cook-off? :-)
    Where do we sign up to be a judge!

There are lots of places along Erie street that have wonderful italian. For some reason I like Buddy's. Yeah I know its probably not the best, but the twice baked can't be beat.

The Traffic Jam and Snug has a good veggie lasagna

Ground beef? Man, you need veal in there too!
    Designer guy we are not talking veggie anything here,
    real lasagna, 3 meats, 3 cheeses,
    real food.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Designer guy we are not talking veggie anything here,
    real lasagna, 3 meats, 3 cheeses,
    real food.
    yeah totally, vegetables aren't real at all! shut your mouth you stupid hippy!

the best lasagna in detroit is served in my dining room.
    pesto asparagus lasagna that my girlfriend makes with market fresh basil, asparagus and her own fresh handmade noodles

Gregg's Pizza on Livernois between six and seven mile road has the BEST Lasange

Vince's Restaurant - on Springwells off of I75 in southwest Detroit.

The original Luigis on Jefferson.

If I eat Lasagna with Italian sausage, those fennel seeds will make me burp for a week. Make some without fennel, or use ground round, and I'm your friend for life.

Ditto on Vince's. I love the Roma, but their lasagna can't match Vince's.

The best lasagna is......my own.
    As for restaurants,I'd suggest Como's . Before I started cooking I'd go to Como's once a week. Haven't been there in a few years so I don't know if things have changed but it was very good back then.

I used to wait tables at Como's and no offense to trotwood, but I'd skip it. Como's is good for overpriced pizza, festive atmosphere and drinks, but I always felt that the rest of the food was pretty appalling.

I never order lasagna, but I have an obsession with Roman Village. It's a really fun place to go and all the pasta is homemade. It is also very reasonable. The desserts are incredible. I always order something I don't know how to spell, an italian dessert, starts with the letter "P"--little cream puffs filled with light, fluffy vanilla cream and covered with a richer chocolate mousse, chilled and served in a small glass bowl. The tiramisu is fabulous. The bread is amazingly good. The waitstaff is young and green but competent, they're really sweet and charming most of the time. If you want coffee with dessert, they serve real cappucino and espresso, none of that silly fake stuff. Check it out, there were practically empty last time I went [[on Sunday). They are celebrating their 45th Anniversary this year and have been running a really cool special throughout the year. If you order an entree, you get the second entree for 45 cents. Order a pizza, get a second pizza for 45 cents. And if that's not all, last time I went there they gave me a free Roman Village coffee mug and a really fine wine key. Doesn't sound like much, but they had already given me a practically free meal, you know? I love those guys! The 45 cent special resumes in October.

I told you I'm obsessed! There's just something about that place. It's on Vernor, in Dearborn, close to Detroit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast