Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Blonde at "Concert of Colors" Saturday Night

Don’t even tell me you didn’t see her during the Don Was Detroit All-Star Review. She rose out of the audience, on the main floor from the orchestra seats, house-right, like a self-proclaimed cheerleader. Clapping with her hands above her head, and shaking her very nice, form fitting horizontally striped sweater and denim jeans combo. She moved down front and worked her way across to “house-left” enticing, exorting, admonishing people to stand up and fulfill her desire for a communal rapture. Her eyes met those of suddenly uncomfortable audience members who weren’t as into it as this blonde evangelist needed them to be. And these “targets” would either get up and “boogie” self-consciously, or look past her gaze, as though they were confronting the Medusa. But along the way, and from musical selection to musical selection, she met admirers who wanted that free squeeze, and she shared a communal hug or peck on the chin with them all. Isadora Duncan reborn. Free to Be...You and Me - I guess?

With acknowledgments to Gary Bartz: Music is my sanctuary, when life puts that joo joo on me. But please divine creature of the limelight don’t tell me I have to act a certain way or set my gyroscope to meet your demands for a rollicking good time. Back off a little on the self-aggrandizement and let me simply enjoy the show my way. There - I feel better now. Thank you!
    Last edited by Vitalis; July-16-17 at 01:44 PM.