Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Old Time Detroit River Happenings

These pictures are part of a calendar that Bruce Crozier, M.P.P. of Essex County sent out to the county residents. Thought some of you might like to see the ones that had to do with the Detroit River activities back in the day. Wish I could get them a bit more clear though.

Attachment 2799

Attachment 2800

Attachment 2801
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

ErieDearie, I believe the spelling you were looking for was "Olde Tyme" Thanks for the pics!

Thanks Eriedearie, although that bottom picture is actually on the Lake Erie shore between Kingsville and Leamington.

The top picture shows two people named Shepley, which is the name of some people I know in the Harrow/Colchester area. It's a very old name in southern Essex County.

Are there any pictures there of things in that area or the area around Kingsville? I've spent a lot of time around those places and the north shore of Lake Erie in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Thanks Eriedearie, although that bottom picture is actually on the Lake Erie shore between Kingsville and Leamington.

The top picture shows two people named Shepley, which is the name of some people I know in the Harrow/Colchester area. It's a very old name in southern Essex County.

Are there any pictures there of things in that area or the area around Kingsville? I've spent a lot of time around those places and the north shore of Lake Erie in my life.
    Yes EastsideAl I do know the location of the bottom picture and only included it because the write up mentions the Detroit River.

There are several other pictures included in the calendar from around the area. They are from around Colchester, LaSalle, Essex, Maidstone & Amherstburg. All historical pictures. If there is an interest I will post them.