Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Kid Rock for Senate?

Apparently this country's leadership isn't quite stupid enough yet?

Or the MAGA crowd just wants to further accelerate America's demise and China's future hegemon status by a few years?

While I would support Kid Rock over Debbie Stabenow in a heartbeat, I am quite excited about Robert Young's candidacy.

Just what we need, another know-nothing self-aggrandizing idiot from the entertainment industry in a decision-making leadership position. You'd think someone would have learned a lesson already from the rolling disaster that is our blithering idiot-in-chief [[now, with treason!).

Kid should stick to bad countrified pseudo-white-trash rap/rock [[or whatever he calls that stuff he records), paying for [[very nice) historical museum displays, and pitching his crappy "Made in Detroit" [[sic) stuff.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; July-13-17 at 02:03 PM.

Kid Rock and Ted Nugent for MI Senate seats. Really, is it any dumber than an idiot loudmouth reality show host for President?

Why not, we aren't quite Mississippi-level yet. This should accelerate the Idiocracy process by a few years.

But is he Kremlin-approved?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Just what we need, another know-nothing self-aggrandizing idiot from the entertainment industry in a decision-making leadership position. You'd think someone would have learned a lesson already from the rolling disaster that is our blithering idiot-in-chief [[now, with treason!).
    This is pretty much how I feel too.

This is one of things where I contemplate, that despite it's vast natural beauty, what did Michigan do to deserve such awful people and awful occurrences in our history to make us become what we are today?

It's a promotion from his record company for his next album. Nothing to see here; move along, folks.

Please do not cite Fox News as a reputable source, because it is not whatsoever. I hope that this is all a promotion for something he's selling or doing.

I do not care for Kid Rock's music nor do I think he is qualified to be a Senator. My enthusiastic support is for Robert Young.

But one very delightful side effect to Kid Rock's campaign is now, and will be going forward, watching the lefties come completely unglued and degenerate into hysteric lunacy as they did, and still are doing, over President Trump.

We're going to pop some popcorn and sit back and watch the spectacle from the left until the primary when Kid Rock will be defeated and hopefully Robert Young will prevail. Then the hysteria will shift toward him.

Don't we have enough disillusional idiots , in politics? Kid Rock would fit right in though.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-13-17 at 05:56 PM.

Hell no ! No f'ing way !

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    I do not care for Kid Rock's music nor do I think he is qualified to be a Senator. My enthusiastic support is for Robert Young.

But one very delightful side effect to Kid Rock's campaign is now, and will be going forward, watching the lefties come completely unglued and degenerate into hysteric lunacy as they did, and still are doing, over President Trump.

We're going to pop some popcorn and sit back and watch the spectacle from the left until the primary when Kid Rock will be defeated and hopefully Robert Young will prevail. Then the hysteria will shift toward him.
    Your smugness is so cute!

I'm all in for Eminem.

He's more famous and wealthier than kid rock. Those are the only requirements now right?

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I'm all in for Eminem.

He's more famous and wealthier than kid rock. Those are the only requirements now right?
    I think you have to be racist too. And be willing to say stupid s--- like "Grab em in the p---y", "I love the uneducated" and "Mexicans are rapists".

So Eminem probably doesn't qualify for our new lofty standards for elected leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    But is he Kremlin-approved?
    Yes, Poutine calls him La Krem de la Krem.

If you want to see entertainment career to political career excellence, look no further than Sen. Al Franken.
    He doubled down on being serious in office, unlike our Glorious Supreme Leader that we have now.

The dumbing down of the GOP knows no bounds it seems. I'm glad I left the party many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post

That sounds like the attitude about Trump when he first announced. People will laugh and laugh, and then we'll have Senator Rock.

What's sad is that I think he would win.

Stabenow has been so "meh" as a Senator and has been pretty handed that seat for the past 10+ years. No one I know has any enthusiasm about her, nor can they immediately think of ways she's made Michigan better or successfully influenced discussion on policy.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

What's sad is that I think he would win.

Stabenow has been so "meh" as a Senator and has been pretty handed that seat for the past 10+ years. No one I know has any enthusiasm about her, nor can they immediately think of ways she's made Michigan better or successfully influenced discussion on policy.

Who has made Michigan better, now that you've mentioned it? Nobody I can see. Surely our Governor hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Who has made Michigan better, now that you've mentioned it? Nobody I can see. Surely our Governor hasn't.
    Fair enough.

But to my point, that's what scary about it. As the Presidential election showed, when people feel the status quo isn't working for them, they'll settle for any type of change.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    ... As the Presidential election showed, when people feel the status quo isn't working for them, they'll settle for any type of change.
    I would add that the more desperate those people are, the more radical of a change they will accept. It seems they don't care what actual change is made as long as it's extreme enough.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast