Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Net Neutrality and you-today!

Strong attempts are being made today by Chairman Pai [[a former Verizon lawyer), AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast to eliminate Title II Net Neutrality by leaning on the FCC on this matter.

Maybe I should know better than to post this on DY, but if folks are as wise and weary of big corporations as they should, than maybe you will think about what this means to you the consumer.

Without Net Neutrality, many things you search for will be shelved many search pages back while other things [[fast, sleek, shrill, standardized, commercialized, corporate things) will hold top prominence. These prominent sites will also have stronger, faster service while other sites [[be it small ma & pa quilt or vintage car sites) will be be put in "slower lanes" of service with difficult times loading up or not at all.

Today is the day! Contact this site https://www.battleforthenet.com/and let your voice be heard and if you have any questions, check this site first. https://www.savetheinternet.com/net-...-need-know-now

Here I agree with you, but those days are already here. If I put in, let's say G-DDT, the first 12 results will always be either "where to buy", or "who has on sale" G-DDT. Internet searches never used to be that way. It's become a marketing tool.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-13-17 at 07:20 AM.

So, government issue DDT is for sale, what's so bad about that?

You can buy G-DDT on eBay using buy it now.
    You can get same day shipping on G-DDT on amazon.
    You can see G-DDT necked on .. well anyways.

I log onto this site and see advertisements for refrigeration supply's and often wonder and hope that the site owner gets paid.

I log into Facebook and everything I ever searched under Yahoo and google gets targeted.

The only thing left is the slowing of bandwidth which would most likely piss off the bigger players,I use Roku and stream if I get throttled then it will hurt about 7 companies in the chain.

It will probably end up pushing more over to VPN and the darkweb and hackers stepping up with work arounds.

They just could not be happy with the free sharing of information.

It is funny how they talking about throttling the speeds when other countries internet makes ours look like dial up.