Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Best spot to live in D

Agree or dis-agree with the list ?
    https://repurpose.co/blog/best-place...ve-in-detroit/

That's an expensive list so they better be good.
    If I were in first year Uni, I'd hit The Scott. Sounds like it's spring break there all day everyday.
    For young professionals, maybe Capital Park or a downtown high rise.
    For families, I'd say City Modern once that comes on line.

One of the crappy things about newspapers being on the down slide is that clickbait articles like this are proffered as "news". There is no new information in here one can't glean with a simple Google search, or about a 10 minute walk in Detroit. "Journalism" at its finest :-[[

I never presented it as NEW, and the article is few months old.
    Its a blog , dated 4/11/2017
    I was more curious if people agreed with the choices in the list.
    NOT everything presented here is news, by myself, or others.
    It's a forum for discussion - want news, grab a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    I never presented it as NEW, and the article is few months old.
    Its a blog , dated 4/11/2017
    I was more curious if people agreed with the choices in the list.
    NOT everything presented here is news, by myself, or others.
    It's a forum for discussion - want news, grab a newspaper.

I thought a forum was a place where people were able to post their opinions about a subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I thought a forum was a place where people were able to post their opinions about a subject?
    Can't argue about that.

Title should read,

12 Best Places to Live in Detroit [[within a 10 square mile area).

Guess no one lives in those spots on this board - oh well -

What I find most interesting about that list is that there are so many interesting residential choices with many more in the pipe. Only a couple of them existed five years ago and many more are in the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Guess no one lives in those spots on this board - oh well -
    As Lowell says, most of the places on that list are quite new. And most of the people who post here are longtime Detroiters or former longtime Detroiters, and thus unlikely to live in one of these places.

There are a couple of places on the list though that are older, but even those have been significantly rehabbed. For instance, I know someone who was a longtime resident of the Park Shelton, until the management began failing on several levels and let the building deteriorate pretty badly, to the point where he felt compelled to leave. Of course it has recently thoroughly renovated, so his experiences wouldn't mean much in terms of what's available there now. Similarly, my sister lived at River Place way back when it opened in the '80s, but the complex has had its ups and downs since then, so it's impossible to say what it would be like for current or prospective tenants.

Best Spot To Live In D

None of the above.

Welllll, if I might day-dream I would like to live in the Park Shelton about fifth floor, two bedroom, 'huge' windows without having to live in a loft, etc.

But it's not even on a possibility cost-wise.
    But at least the Park Shelton was there before the quick-build, paper-thin wall stuff going up in some areas.

The PS building is wonderfully sound proof and has the detailing you don't see in modern buildings and what not. Nice........

http://theparkshelton.com/?page_id=22
    http://theparkshelton.com/?page_id=24
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-14-17 at 05:29 AM.

http://malcomsondetroit.com/plans/

these are next level miserable. none of the bedrooms have windows!

funny i used to go to parties in there. legendary techno spot

I'm a house person; lofts and apartments were never my thing.

I just did a job in a condo in downtown Montreal. The studio apartment is in a brand new 38 story bldg and is of course, tiny. The guy wanted a mezzanine because the living room/bedroom space has a 14 foot ceiling. My friend is building a Platform in aluminum to match the huge windows and doors that go floor to ceiling. I had to open up a wardrobe space for him to slip in the platform above for a bedroom with 60 inches headroom.
    The clincher for the young Chinese student who had the place bought by his parents must have been the 4 ft diameter column smack in the middle of the living space. Lol.