Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default So who is paying Robert Davis' costs and attorney fees for all these lawsuits?

This cannot be cheap. As Hal Holbrook's character [[Deep Throat") said in All the President's Men, "Follow the money."

If he wins you and I are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    If he wins you and I are.
    We're probably paying them win or lose...

Political supporters.

I don't know who's paying, and Davis' own hands sure as hell aren't clean, but he and his supporters are certainly not wrong about this issue.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; July-10-17 at 03:19 PM.

Who's Bobby D and whatchu'talkin'bout Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Who's Bobby D and whatchu'talkin'bout Charles?
    Maybe this will bring you up to speed....

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...rs-Arena/page5

Today's Free Press article on Davis seems to shed some insight.

Andrew Paterson, who has practiced law in Michigan since 1969, has represented Davis on many of his civil suits since 2010. They met about a decade before that, when Davis was a student at U-M Dearborn. Davis was helping a client of Paterson’s who was trying to bring a women’s professional football team to Highland Park, Davis said.
    Paterson has worked about 20 hours a week on his cases for the last year, Davis estimated. Davis said he does not pay him.

“Back when I was working and gainfully employed, of course I was compensating him. Currently, I’m not,” Davis said.

[[...)

Generally, Paterson testified during a deposition, the only income he receives from representing Davis comes from any fees he is awarded for prevailing in court.

the FREEP article says he has "taken responsibility" for embezzling nearly $200,000.

Does that mean he has paid it back? Anybody know how much he owes on that "responsibility"?

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    the FREEP article says he has "taken responsibility" for embezzling nearly $200,000.

Does that mean he has paid it back? Anybody know how much he owes on that "responsibility"?
    It's the same way Snyder claimed he had "taken responsibility" for the Flint Water Crisis.

In other words, to answer your question, no.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    It's the same way Snyder claimed he had "taken responsibility" for the Flint Water Crisis.

In other words, to answer your question, no.
    We demand people 'take responsibility'. So they do. They issue meaningless words. They say the words 'I accept responsibility'.

They just forget that responsibility for harming means acknowledging fault, and making amends for the harm.

That's the hard part.

But it also doesn't mean the one must be stoned for their errors, and removed from any public office. If we applied that standard, there'd be nobody standing.