Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Men Try to Rob Film Crew in Woodbridge, One Shot

I live at Commonwealth and Warren and heard a huge commotion earlier, and finally was able to find out what happened. I guess some idiots decided to try to rob the film crew for Little Murder. Luckily it looks like all of the suspects were caught, and one took a bullet in the shoulder...

I should mention that the response time seemed very quick, and there was a mix of Detroit and Wayne State cops there. Good for them.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/20496856/detail.html
    Last edited by choquant; August-21-09 at 04:29 PM.

crawford Guest

Wow, this is huge news!

The police actually responded AND caught the suspects?!

They were trying to steal "play" money?

It sounds to me that the one office needs to hit the range more often.

This incident will not be forgotten by those who want to shoot movies in Detroit regardless if the pissheads and hoodrats were caught.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    It sounds to me that the one office needs to hit the range more often.
    What were you expecting, a head shot? Police are trained to disarm threats exactly the way this officer did.

My hats off in a show of respect for the Detroit and Wayne State police.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    This incident will not be forgotten by those who want to shoot movies in Detroit regardless if the pissheads and hoodrats were caught.
    Not that I'm an expert of the subject, but do you think this is the first time a film crew has run into a crime in a major city while shooting a film? Plus, they know they're in Detroit which statistically has higher crime than many other major cities, so there's some sort of risk - whether large or small is up to one's opinion.

You're looking at it the wrong way. DPD did their job and they did it REALLY well. They're keeping the city safe and it's now on T.V for us to witness. Maybe this is Bing and Evans bringing about a change? I'd like to think so

Jeez this is bad, & yeah dcmorrison12, stories like this shouldn't be happening...PERIOD. I've heard & seen weird stories about gangsta rap videos, & the odd fleeing suspect running onto the set of "The Wire" in Baltimore. But this is something the Film Office DOESN'T WANT out there. Unless this show was low budget indie to the point of cinema verite...locations in L.A. have setcops[[off-duty/injured LAPD motorcycle officers) followed by a private outfit like C.A.S.T. security & whatever security a name star might have)

I agree with the previous poster:
    "...DPD did their job and they did it REALLY well..."

I congratulate the officers. I offer my opinion that the damn fools who decided to rob a film crew should be held up for ridicule. Truly stupid, non thinking people!

It's time for a paradigm shift in this great city. More support for the police. No more praise for the thug life.
    It might take time, and some active parenting and mentoring. Let it begin....

I wonder if the crew got any footage....

Two stupid teenages with shotguns attempting to rob a movie crew. They so deserve to go to jail. Kudos to DPD for putting two more dumb kids in jail. Since their parents can't do the job to raise them, let the state do the job.

If someone tries to rob me, they will definitely receive a head shot.

Quote Originally Posted by kahnman View Post
    What were you expecting, a head shot? Police are trained to disarm threats exactly the way this officer did.

Always aim for center of mass.

The headshot comes after that.

Quote Originally Posted by unclefrank View Post
    Always aim for center of mass.

The film crew WAS robbed, not attempted robbery.

It was only later that the cops found them and got the stuff back.

As for cops being trained to wing people... nonsense. When someone aims a gun at you, you shoot to kill.

I agree with that. If an officer can't drop a suspect, it is because they can't shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    The film crew WAS robbed, not attempted robbery.

It was only later that the cops found them and got the stuff back.

As for cops being trained to wing people... nonsense. When someone aims a gun at you, you shoot to kill.

Yeah, I knew something was up when I walked into my back alley and saw two state cops fly down forest [[a one way) the wrong way...

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    Wow, this is huge news!

The police actually responded AND caught the suspects?!
    well i think it is slightly less impressive when you figure they did it because of the film and since the guy was basically shot in ken cockerel's front yard...
    but i will say, he wandered out of his house because of the commotion and started talking to the film people, reassuring them...which i thought was nice

Quote Originally Posted by thnk2mch View Post
    I wonder if the crew got any footage....
    I talked to one of the film works, they dont start the actually shooting till monday, this was all prep work
    Last edited by KyleM785; August-21-09 at 11:19 PM.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM785 View Post
    well i think it is slightly less impressive when you figure they did it because of the film and since the guy was basically shot in ken cockerels front yard...but i will say, he wandered out of his house because of the commotion and started talking to the film people, reassuring them...which i thought was nice
    Man, I wish he was still mayor. **sigh**

Hilarious. This isn't fair, but I can't resist: glad I'm not working on THAT movie...

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM785 View Post
    Yeah, I knew something was up when I walked into my back alley and saw two state cups fly down forrest [[a one way) the wrong way...

Don'tcha' hate it when that happens?
    Last edited by Meddle; August-21-09 at 11:14 PM.

wow, i knew i was tired, but i didnt realize it was that bad...i fixed that and two other mistakes too

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    The headshot comes after that.
    A shot in the chest will reduce blood pressure significantly, making a follow up head shot much less "messy".

heh. . .

Quote Originally Posted by kahnman View Post

This is 100 percent wrong. Police are trained to shoot to kill. Ask any cop; they're supposed to aim for the center of the chest. They're never taught to shoot to wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    This is 100 percent wrong. Police are trained to shoot to kill. Ask any cop; they're supposed to aim for the center of the chest. They're never taught to shoot to wound.
    That little thug got off easy with a shoulder shot. I'm sure the police officer was thinking about taking him down permanently. That perp had a shotgun aimed at the officer. Any sane rational person, much less a trained police officer isn't going to be thinking about winging or wounding the guy at that point. It very well was going to be the criminal or the cop. Fortunately we can talk about how the cops came out ahead on this one as opposed to losing one of Detroit's Finest to some street thug.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast