Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bicycle Infrastructure in Copenhagen and Beyond

Can Detroit be the world's next leader in bicycle transportation?

I am currently traveling with a group of students in Copenhagen learning about bicycle planning. We will continue on to some smaller cities in Sweden, then to Utrecht and Amsterdam.

I have started writing a blog about our observations and often I relate what we are learning to Detroit. I would love for you all to follow along and check it out!

http://planningnerdblog.wordpress.com

I believe that there are many opportunities for Detroit to maximize its bicycle network and be an example for the rest of the world and country. In order for us to better utilize the growing MoGo safely and efficiently, we need to continue to invest in our infrastructure.

In Germany my relatives often hop on a bike for groceries.
    Here in the suburbs of Detroit, like in Warren, almost no one does that

Thank you for your blog. There is future for bicycle transportation in southeast Michigan. How do the northern European think about bicycles with an electric motor assist? Are they considered bicycle since you have
    to push the pedals to get the assist from the motor?