Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Canada denounces the US

http://news.groopspeak.com/canada-de...-announcement/

I think it is okay,no need to build that bridge now and save the Canadians billions sense they feel the US is so screwed up.She just put millions of American voters into the bridges opposition corner.

She went on to praise the U.S. for its role in the past but says voters in the last election have cast doubt on America’s ability to lead due to the person they put in the White House.

Maybe the voters that cast the doubt should make it easy on Canada and just avoid dealing with them at all.

Sorry Canada if you want to jump on the bandwagon,have a nice day.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-17 at 03:39 PM.

When the disaster struck last November, I half expected Canada to simply close all border crossing points and refuse entry to all except those seeking asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    When the disaster struck last November, I half expected Canada to simply close all border crossing points and refuse entry to all except those seeking asylum.

They really should.There are no terrorist controls there also,which we were reminded of recently.

Proably should also cancel the presidential approval of the Keystone pipeline and the bridge.

That pipeline is going down to the gulf coast so Canada can sell its oil,not America,the states that are fighting it have a lot of those voters that she basically called a POS and she just lit the fire.

You do not hear US politicians talking crap about Canadian voters and how thier choice of president is going to ruin the world,she crossed the line by attacking Americans.

I like how all of these countries that have benefited from these trade deals while our country cannot even fix its own roads and schools,they are getting called out now and thier first response is to run into the corner screaming like a 6 year old to try and drum up support for thier cause from our own 6 year olds screaming in the corner.

The difference is that the ones screaming in the corner here have that right as a fellow American whether we agree with them or not.

If Canada feels that it is in thier best interests to move along then who are we to stop them,I say with that attitude then let's help so it can go quick and everybody can get on with thier life.

I hope they let Cher in before they seal up the wall.Or maybe a trade off.Canada can take Cher and Rosie and we will let them keep the pipeline.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-17 at 05:25 PM.

Richard, it's fake news. What the minister said isn't exactly what she said or meant. One way or another, it's the media playing tricks on you, again.

I could not find any of US politicians useing the same rhetoric against any Canadian politicians.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0tBSt2uZs0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaVBNHf--c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqdSjMsJAwM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=owfPQfaPu7k

but when Americans want to stand up for thier values they become fascists.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-pjr_cONM

Why was it our responsibility to fund and oversee the majority of the world acting big brother comes at a massive cost,the other countries chastised us over healthcare and how we treat our poor but had no problem haveing us fund everything else in thier best interests.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2VB9acxqg
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-17 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I could not find any of US politicians useing the same rhetoric against any Canadian politicians.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0tBSt2uZs0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaVBNHf--c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqdSjMsJAwM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=owfPQfaPu7k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-pjr_cONM

Why was it our responsibility to fund and oversee the majority of the world acting big brother comes at a massive cost,the other countries chastised us over healthcare and how we treat our poor but had no problem haveing us fund everything else in thier best interests.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2VB9acxqg
    Your answer is in your question.

Trump made America grate again, dusted off his hands and concluded "My work here is done." We all lived happily ever after.

If only it were that simple!
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-29-17 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Trump made America grate again, dusted off his hands and concluded "My work here is done." We all lived happily ever after.

If only it were that simple!
    He certainly "grates" on MY nerves

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Richard, it's fake news. What the minister said isn't exactly what she said or meant. One way or another, it's the media playing tricks on you, again.
    Don't know who she is, but she sounds uncannily like one of our democrats from California - she didn't say what she said, but in any case she didn't mean what she said she didn't say she said. But this is only after she said what she didn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    He certainly "grates" on MY nerves
    Jackass made the country grate on the nerves of most of the world. Even those that used to be friends hate us now. And laugh at us.

Jackass made the country grate on the nerves of most of the world. Even those that used to be friends hate us now. And laugh at us.

Who?

UK ?

The majority of the population voted for Brexit,why?

Because they also want the tighter borders,immigration controls,to stop the further erosion of thier middle class,to build back up thier local manufacturing and business base and to stop unfair trade practices.

To perserve thier identity as a country.

Germany?

They mostly want to tighten up the devastating immigration controls.

They already have a high legal of protections for thier industry to stay in country,thier whole export aspect is more of the icing on the cake over and above.

Thier trade is based on what is best for thier country,or they do not do it.

China,Russia,Venezuela,Cuba,Half of Korea.

What the leaders think about the US nobody really cares but I would be willing to bet that half of thier population would be happy to be in the US,I doubt they are laughing.

France,Italy,Netherlands etc. are small economies that benefit from a combined force and most are also dealing with immigration controls that are having a negative impact.

Japan? Thier survivial is under our military umbrella and thier people have a extremely high level of class,so you do not hear them laughing.

The only reason we are still intrenched in Europe is because a lot of those countries remember that we had to be dragged into WW2 and they feel comfortable haveing a presence there already as a deterrent.

But that comes at a price to this country and sacrifice to its citizens,that is not to say that Canada,UK,Japan and all of the other countries do not have a military presence in those regions and assist while thier countrymen die alongside our military personnel,that we never hear about,it is we are expected to have the bulk of acessets which translates into reduced services in our country.

Have you noticed that all of the foreign politicians that have chosen to use the President Trump aspect to pander to thier voters are now loseing thier support,votes and positions.

Funny how the rest of the world that is reportedly laughing at us are putting politicians in place and doing the exact same thing we are doing for the exact same reasons.

We need to get our glass house in order before we continue to tell and pay for everybody else to get thier house in order.
    Last edited by Richard; June-29-17 at 11:59 AM.

Canadian news stories that showed up on the 4th. of July include:

A Canadian landlord, himself an immigrant from Africa, was fined $12,000 for not taking his shoes off when showing prospective tenants a unit occupied by Muslims because it violated their religious rights. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle34886303/

A former Guantanamo inmate who admitted killing a US soldier was given $8M by the Canadian government for wrongful imprisonment. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...khadr-48428847

They all wish they had their own Trump instead of their weeny lefty "manager excuses" that apologize while they redistribute everything internally to the lowest common denominator and continually cede their countries to the diversity of the third world and worse. Most of them are "finished" as national entities and no longer in charge of their own countries. You need to get out more.
    Last edited by coracle; July-05-17 at 11:22 AM.

Italy is deciding to close thier port to immigrants and refugees.

Turkey has moved non weaponized armored vehicles to block thier border.

Indonesia has clamped down on illegal immigration by enforcing the penalty for employers and 5 year prison terms,estimated 60,000 have left in the last 90 days causing labor shortages and increasing the adverage wage.

The UN is the clearing house so to speak for refugees,they collect them and then decides what country gets how many,it is not up to the individual country.

Many countries are now saying that it looks good on paper but the reality is you cannot detrimine who is a refugee and who is an economic refugee and are now starting to shut it down.

But here in the US when we do the same thing we get attacked by all the other countries that we have helped provide security for in the past,that is all forgotten and the attitude is what have you done for us today.

http://news.groopspeak.com/canada-de...-announcement/

I think it is okay,no need to build that bridge now and save the Canadians billions sense they feel the US is so screwed up.She just put millions of American voters into the bridges opposition corner.

She went on to praise the U.S. for its role in the past but says voters in the last election have cast doubt on America’s ability to lead due to the person they put in the White House.

Maybe the voters that cast the doubt should make it easy on Canada and just avoid dealing with them at all.

Sorry Canada if you want to jump on the bandwagon,have a nice day.
    At what point do you realize and admit you're wrong?

Values such as?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Values such as?
    Here's one:

Love of God and their country.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Here's one:

Love of God and their country.
    This is a good joke because I can't tell if you're joking or not. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    This is a good joke because I can't tell if you're joking or not. Kudos.
    Always humor to be found in religion. Remember when Lenin propagated the anti-faith to counter the opium of the people pandemic under the Tsars. Now, Putin has reinjected Orthodoxy and Love of country of course goes hand in hand with that medicine. Love it or leave it.

Who?

UK ?

The majority of the population voted for Brexit,why?

Because they also want the tighter borders,immigration controls,to stop the further erosion of thier middle class,to build back up thier local manufacturing and business base and to stop unfair trade practices.

To perserve thier identity as a country.

Germany?

They mostly want to tighten up the devastating immigration controls.

They already have a high legal of protections for thier industry to stay in country,thier whole export aspect is more of the icing on the cake over and above.

Thier trade is based on what is best for thier country,or they do not do it.

China,Russia,Venezuela,Cuba,Half of Korea.

What the leaders think about the US nobody really cares but I would be willing to bet that half of thier population would be happy to be in the US,I doubt they are laughing.

France,Italy,Netherlands etc. are small economies that benefit from a combined force and most are also dealing with immigration controls that are having a negative impact.

Japan? Thier survivial is under our military umbrella and thier people have a extremely high level of class,so you do not hear them laughing.

The only reason we are still intrenched in Europe is because a lot of those countries remember that we had to be dragged into WW2 and they feel comfortable haveing a presence there already as a deterrent.

But that comes at a price to this country and sacrifice to its citizens,that is not to say that Canada,UK,Japan and all of the other countries do not have a military presence in those regions and assist while thier countrymen die alongside our military personnel,that we never hear about,it is we are expected to have the bulk of acessets which translates into reduced services in our country.

Have you noticed that all of the foreign politicians that have chosen to use the President Trump aspect to pander to thier voters are now loseing thier support,votes and positions.

Funny how the rest of the world that is reportedly laughing at us are putting politicians in place and doing the exact same thing we are doing for the exact same reasons.

We need to get our glass house in order before we continue to tell and pay for everybody else to get thier house in order.
    I shouldn't engage; but I'll indulge myself.

First, the quote you actually bring out is NOT what the minister said.

In fact the entire speech, which you can view unedited, goes to great lengths to praise the US in a speech in which the US is not the central theme [[it was an overall foreign policy paper).

But I digress, what gets you upset is that you hear comedy, or paraphrasing or 1/2 truths and accept it without question and then share it as if you know what your talking about. Please don't.

I'm sure your a bright enough fellow, but it doesn't make you appear that way when you misrepresent the facts.

As a passing statement, Canada, going back to per-confederation, was only invaded, once. By the United States.

That's no insult to anyone, just a fact.

# of US bases in Canada - Zero
    # of US missles on Canadian Soil - Zero

Also facts.

Our militaries do cooperate closely, as they should.

A Canadian has been head of NORAD.

Its worth adding Canada is around the 35th most populous nation in the world, its armed forces are typically ranked 20th in capability.

That said, your defense expenditures, as a nation, are not our responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    They all wish they had their own Trump instead of their weeny lefty "manager excuses" that apologize while they redistribute everything internally to the lowest common denominator and continually cede their countries to the diversity of the third world and worse. Most of them are "finished" as national entities and no longer in charge of their own countries. You need to get out more.
    Lol, "they all wish they had their own Trump?" That must be why Right Wing "Trump-like" populist candidates have lost in several major European elections since November 2016.

-Geert Wilders, the "Dutch Donald Trump", loses the 2017 Dutch General Election to a centrist political party.

-Marine Le Pen, the "French Donald Trump", has her ass handed to her in the French Presidential Election back in April, losing by over 30 points to centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron.

-Conservative UK Prime Minister [[and Trump ally) Theresa May, seeking to capitalize on her Brexit victory, calls for snap Parliamentary election in hopes to boost the conservative majority. Instead, the conservatives suffer huge losses at the ballot box at the hands of the liberal Labor Party, costing the Conservatives their outright majority in Parliament and killing all hopes of a "Hard Brexit."

The Populist Wave that began with Brexit ended with Trump. He killed it in its infancy, stopped it dead in its tracks. Whatever hope there was for a populist wave in Europe, that ended as soon as Europeans saw what we ended up with. Even associating with Trump is politically toxic now, as Theresa May can attest to, since her cozy relationship with Trump was used against her in the UK election.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    I shouldn't engage; but I'll indulge myself.

First, the quote you actually bring out is NOT what the minister said.

In fact the entire speech, which you can view unedited, goes to great lengths to praise the US in a speech in which the US is not the central theme [[it was an overall foreign policy paper).

But I digress, what gets you upset is that you hear comedy, or paraphrasing or 1/2 truths and accept it without question and then share it as if you know what your talking about. Please don't.

I'm sure your a bright enough fellow, but it doesn't make you appear that way when you misrepresent the facts.

As a passing statement, Canada, going back to per-confederation, was only invaded, once. By the United States.

That's no insult to anyone, just a fact.

# of US bases in Canada - Zero
    # of US missles on Canadian Soil - Zero

Also facts.

Our militaries do cooperate closely, as they should.

A Canadian has been head of NORAD.

Its worth adding Canada is around the 35th most populous nation in the world, its armed forces are typically ranked 20th in capability.

That said, your defense expenditures, as a nation, are not our responsibility.

Actualy 26th

http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...ntry_id=Canada

Misrepresentation of facts ?

https://jobsearch.military.com/daily...icy-shift.html

Outside of her half French and half English speech,what is in the link that I posted that she did not say?

As a Canadian do you feel that now diverting billions to the military is going to effect your health care system and if not where will the funding come from?
    Last edited by Richard; July-25-17 at 08:35 PM.

Actualy 26th

http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...ntry_id=Canada

Misrepresentation of facts ?

https://jobsearch.military.com/daily...icy-shift.html

Outside of her half French and half English speech,what is in the link that I posted that she did not say?

As a Canadian do you feel that now diverting billions to the military is going to effect your health care system and if not where will the funding come from?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Strength_Index

20th

LOL

[[either way, well above population ranking)

As to misrepresentation.

You suggested that she stated American voters choices cast doubt on America's ability to lead. That may or may not be the case, but it is most certainly not what she said.

And I quote.

"The United States has truly been the indispensable nation, Mr. Speaker. For their unique, seven-decades-long contribution to our shared peace ‎and prosperity, and on behalf of all Canadians, I would like to profoundly thank our American friends.

As I have argued, Canada believes strongly that this stable, predictable international order has been deeply in our national interest. And we believe it has helped foster peace and prosperity for our ‎southern neighbours, too.

Yet it would be naive or hypocritical to claim before this House that all Americans today agree. Indeed, many of the voters in last year’s presidential election cast their ballots, animated in part by a desire to shrug off the burden of world leadership. To say this is not controversial: it is simply a fact.

Canada is grateful, and will always be grateful, to our neighbour for the outsized role it has played in the world. And we seek and will continue to seek to persuade our friends that their continued international leadership is very much in their national interest—as well as that of the rest of the free world.

Yet we also recognize that this is ultimately not our decision to make. It is a choice Americans must make for themselves.

The fact that our friend and ally has come to question the very worth of its mantle of global leadership, puts into sharper focus the need for the rest of us to set our own clear and sovereign course. For Canada that course must be the renewal, indeed the strengthening, of the postwar multilateral order."

[[next time, get the quote right)

Finally, on the subject of diversion of health dollars to defense.

There is none.

The Federal gov't in Canada has promised increases in healthcare spending that are the greater of 3% or annual GDP increase as far as the eye can see.

There is no drastic increase in operations costs in defence projected either.

What there is is long overdue cap-x for the navy and the airforce, the latter of which hasn't been tendered yet, but will be pricey as we are replacing all our C[[F-18s).

Likely with either F-35s or Super-Hornets.

The speech merely justifies [[in part) where revenues from economic growth and/or tax hikes will go)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Strength_Index

20th

LOL

[[either way, well above population ranking)

As to misrepresentation.

You suggested that she stated American voters choices cast doubt on America's ability to lead. That may or may not be the case, but it is most certainly not what she said.

And I quote.

"The United States has truly been the indispensable nation, Mr. Speaker. For their unique, seven-decades-long contribution to our shared peace ‎and prosperity, and on behalf of all Canadians, I would like to profoundly thank our American friends.

As I have argued, Canada believes strongly that this stable, predictable international order has been deeply in our national interest. And we believe it has helped foster peace and prosperity for our ‎southern neighbours, too.

Yet it would be naive or hypocritical to claim before this House that all Americans today agree. Indeed, many of the voters in last year’s presidential election cast their ballots, animated in part by a desire to shrug off the burden of world leadership. To say this is not controversial: it is simply a fact.

Canada is grateful, and will always be grateful, to our neighbour for the outsized role it has played in the world. And we seek and will continue to seek to persuade our friends that their continued international leadership is very much in their national interest—as well as that of the rest of the free world.

Yet we also recognize that this is ultimately not our decision to make. It is a choice Americans must make for themselves.

The fact that our friend and ally has come to question the very worth of its mantle of global leadership, puts into sharper focus the need for the rest of us to set our own clear and sovereign course. For Canada that course must be the renewal, indeed the strengthening, of the postwar multilateral order."

[[next time, get the quote right)

Finally, on the subject of diversion of health dollars to defense.

There is none.

The Federal gov't in Canada has promised increases in healthcare spending that are the greater of 3% or annual GDP increase as far as the eye can see.

There is no drastic increase in operations costs in defence projected either.

What there is is long overdue cap-x for the navy and the airforce, the latter of which hasn't been tendered yet, but will be pricey as we are replacing all our C[[F-18s).

Likely with either F-35s or Super-Hornets.

The speech merely justifies [[in part) where revenues from economic growth and/or tax hikes will go)
    So let's look at what President Trump actually said,which is the nations of NATO need to start paying thier share.

Canada is supposed to be paying 2% of which they are paying 1%,the same with other countries.

Now reread her statement that starts with "Yet it would be naive or hypocritical " .

So America saying that it is time for countries to chip in thier fair share in policing the world it makes us shrugging off the burden of world leadership?

Those are her words.

So it kinda comes off as we are the nice guys as long as we are footing the bill.

So let's look at what President Trump actually said,which is the nations of NATO need to start paying thier share.

Canada is supposed to be paying 2% of which they are paying 1%,the same with other countries.
    The "2% of GDP on defense" benchmark, set by NATO in 2014, was agreed to be phased in over a decade. Which means NATO nations have until 2024 to raise their defense spending to 2% of GDP. There is no obligation for them to be spending that much RIGHT NOW, in 2017. It's a goal to be worked towards over time, not immediately met.

http://www.nato.int/cps/ic/natohq/of...xts_112964.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast