Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Excited about Detroit!

Woo! I'm having one of those days where I'm really excited about things going on in Detroit. I mean, the Midtown Loop will be under construction very shortly and eventually will connect to Eastern Market and the River Front, the 80 million dollar shopping mall will be breaking ground this month in Detroit, the 32 million dollar project for residential/retail/office space right behind the MOCAD is already under construction, the Cruise Ship terminal in Downtown is under construction, the Wetlands being "built" right next to the RenCen is underway, the Final Four is in town, the movie industry is moving in Detroit, curb side recycling will be coming shorty AND Rapid transit is coming to the city. Screw all the bad news about the crap economy and the Big 3, Detroit is a great place and it's only getting better!

wooooo
    Last edited by dcmorrison12; April-04-09 at 11:11 PM.

Yes, I understand completely how you feel. I went downtown today [[took the bus, not the car a great idea) and just walked around the place and welcomed some outsiders to the city and felt really proud to be from the region. Detroit gave me a high. lol. I love Detroit.

Also, about the Shoppes, perhaps they are talking to retailers who aren't significant in this area. I know they want union stores and not sure if these are unionized stores, but I'll speculate: Stein Mart or Dillard's would be good and would give another NEW place for those looking to shop instead of the same-old Huds--errr---Macy's or JC Penny's.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; April-05-09 at 01:08 AM.

I Totally agree. . Im glad someone else shares my enthusiasm as much as I do. I can't wait to go to Wayne State for school and be able to live in Detroit.

- Just look at how much has changed since 2002 . . . In 7 Years this City and Downtown has been transformed!!! The next 7 will be even better!

What's this retail project behind MOCAD?

"...the 80 million dollar shopping mall will be breaking ground this month in Detroit."

What's this all about?

Maybe some news stories or something about all this would help.. Must've missed it.

The shopping center is the mall at the Fairgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Notice the date that article was written.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Notice the date that article was written.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well, but there's too much reality mixed in to be a joke.

Normal April fool's day jokes are usually with made up names. This one does not.

From the article:
    "The project has been derailed by Michigan's receding economy and downsizing by retailers and developers."

And what exactly has changed on those two fronts?

It would be a postitive sign for Detroit and SE Michigan, but I'm having a tough time believing that this project will move ahead in the near future.

You know, I had the same kind of day. It was so nice out that I just had to get sample some of the Final Four buzz, so I took the opportunity to do a little loop of downtown. Check out what I saw here: http://www.examiner.com/x-3223-Detro...ur--by-scooter