Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Street View Thread

If you find something on StreetView and want it identified, post it here.

For starters, this place at W.Willis and Cass ... one-thirty-something W. Willis. Old house renovated? New house? The garage is new at least.

Name:  WWillis.JPG
Views: 720
Size:  63.8 KB

[[I was looking for an old place known as TJs [[Traffic Jam) wondering if it was still there, somewhere along Second.)

Links will help in this thread.

That house has been photographed over a six-year period:

An answer to the question would help too. What is it? Private residence? Greek House? Business?

If it is new build,I would say wow to whoever built it.

Wood gutter system with vintage round down spouts,chimney looks vintage but an additional stack vent next to it.6 over 1 windows on the bottom floor and lots of attention to detail.

Wheel chair ramp added to the front which would lean towards maybe a commercial use but the lack of signage and the overall look and landscaping screams private.

I would lean on it is a well preserved vintage example.Kudos who ever owns it,very nice.

The commercial building on the corner is another job well done.

It looks to be a interesting neighborhood,school board building next door,pal,with multi-family mixed in.The building with the three stacks I'm am guessing power related.

Then this interesting one

Name:  IMG_0597.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  72.9 KB

The Wiley's building has one upper window blurred out.

Sorry still did not answer all of the questions.
    Last edited by Richard; June-25-17 at 03:44 PM.

I used to live at 211 W. Willis [[2007-2009). This thread brings back some memories! I wish I had stayed there. Getting back into a home in that neighborhood will cost so much more, just 10 years after I first arrived.

TJ's is at Second and Canfield. The entry is on Canfield, pretty non-descript, urinal up high on the wall.

Here's an article from a while back. According to Loveland, the folks in the article still own it. Article says it was built before 1904.

^^ Weird. Kind of a poorly written article, but at least it answers the question that it's a private residence. I figured it was a Frat house of some kind.

Looks like they've put a lot of money into it. I can't imagine the heating bills.

Quote Originally Posted by ptero View Post
    TJ's is at Second and Canfield. The entry is on Canfield, pretty non-descript,

That has changed COMPLETELY. There were NO markings at all when I was last there [[early 80s). It was a wall and a door. No awnings, patios, trees or signage of any kind. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know what it was.

Name:  TJs.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  52.6 KB
    Name:  TJs2.JPG
Views: 548
Size:  59.1 KB

Now, moving down the block a bit, why is the sign [[Since ... ) obscured on Mario's?

Attachment 33659

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Then this interesting one

Name:  IMG_0597.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  72.9 KB
    Now that joint brings back some bad ol' memories of the bad ol' days.

I was conceived on E. Willis. And born just a couple blocks away at Women's [[Hutzel) Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Now, moving down the block a bit, why is the sign [[Since ... ) obscured on Mario's?
    Google's algorithm to remove faces sometimes gets a little exuberant and removes random objects - sort of an automated Pareidolia.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Google's algorithm to remove faces sometimes gets a little exuberant and removes random objects - sort of an automated Pareidolia.
    There is a funny face on this apartment bldg's façade in Montréal that has me puzzled.

3429 Rue Saint-André

https://goo.gl/maps/V3atXHbejjH2