Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Dilemma!

Default Dilemma!

On Friday, October 13 [[yeah, Friday the 13th!) the Vegas Golden Hawks play their second home game against the Detroit Red Wings here in Las Vegas. So........do I pull for my old home town team, with whom I've lived and died with since the forties, or pull for my new team in my home for the last 33 years? Sheesh. Decisions. Mayhaps it will end in a tie?

[[Oh, yes, I will be there!)

Nice to be in an NHL city again. And for those of you who missed it, the Oakland Raiders are moving to Las Vegas in 2020. Stadium will be just west of Interstate 15, west of the strip.

Now to get a MLB team here.

Sorry Ray but if you have to ask this question you're not a real fan. Also, hockey hasn't had ties for a couple of decades.

Ray, find out who the guys in the seats around you are rooting for and do the opposite. What is a hockey match without a good fight in the stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Ray, find out who the guys in the seats around you are rooting for and do the opposite. What is a hockey match without a good fight in the stands?
    Naw, I'm too old for that crap. But I might enjoy being a spectator at a fight in the stands!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Sorry Ray but if you have to ask this question you're not a real fan. Also, hockey hasn't had ties for a couple of decades.
    Never liked the shootouts. A tie should be a tie, one point each, like the old days.

Hockey in 110 degree Vegas? Isn't that the definition of oxymoron?

And who in Vegas is from Vegas? I predict their stands will be filled with opposition jerseys and we from Detroit expect the same from those of our diaspora.

Also I think the best name for a Vegas team would be the One Arm Bandits.

So I would question your loyalty to a club you have followed since the 40's just because of the convenience of the location of the new club? Sounds like you were never really that loyal to the Wings to begin with. Love and loyalty should conquer time and distance.

Ray -

How about this - buy a Golden Hawks jersey, and sew a Red Wings logo patch on it - or visa versa. Problem solved, and you're team never loses!

Such a terrible team name...

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Such a terrible team name...
    You might want to get the name right for starters. They are the Las Vegas Golden Knights, not the Hawks. They originally wanted to be names the Black Knights, but there was a copyright issue with a branch of the military.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    You might want to get the name right for starters. They are the Las Vegas Golden Knights, not the Hawks. They originally wanted to be names the Black Knights, but there was a copyright issue with a branch of the military.
    Further correction, mikeg. It's the "Vegas Golden Knights". They dropped the 'Las'. I dunno why, but that is truly the official name. Dumb move IMHO. But, yeah, I'll wear my red and white to the game!