Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default One D: All the terrific ideas can now be put under the nose of business leaders.

All of our terrific ideas here on DetroitYes, including the Monday quarterbacks, and Sunday mayors, can now contribute with solid plans and solid solutions to Detroit's problems through the new One D website:

http://www.OneD.org/

After years of our business leaders putting their things under our noses ...

the web sit looks like a clearinghouse for press releases and a collection of newspaper links.

if the concept is to engage the public on issues, i'm not feeling it.

Is this just an unsubstantive PR push?

I, for one, was interested in the fact that they have a Race Relations page. I think it's the "white elephant" in the room sometimes, which compounds the problem. Glad they are bringing attention to the issue.

you might want to brush up on mixing of petifores.

DetroitDad Guest

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to have a third party group that focuses on facilitating collaborations between different entities, especially when they are in different areas.

A blog on each topic by someone who is educated on the subject would be nice. Of course, allowing public comments is a must with blogs.

I really like the "scorecards" on each topic.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; August-23-09 at 01:00 AM.