Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Profile of "The Platform"

http://www.modeldmedia.com/features/...rm-061917.aspx

Of all the development going on in Detroit, I am increasingly impressed by this organization's outlook.

These points jump out to me: respecting the character of the neighborhoods they are moving into; embracing a broader group than found in the Woodward corridor; and AVOIDING DEMOLITION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE [[take note Olympia).

One of The Platform's chief values is inclusivity—developing while respecting the character of the neighborhoods the company moves into.

"We think unless the recovery embraces a broader group of the population, then you're going to find in the Woodward corridor that it will be sort of a pyrrhic victory and eventually we'll pay the price for that," Cummings says.

That theory plays out in numerous ways in The Platform's work so far. The company is dedicated to avoiding demolition as much as possible, and to including what Knoer describes as "an efficient ratio" of affordable housing in its residential developments.
    Their work in Islandview, Brightmoor and Fitzgerald will be even more interesting to follow than what they are doing in New Center. It is essential for redevelopment to spread into areas beyond the core.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; June-20-17 at 01:56 PM.

Far and away my favorite developer in the city.