Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Shooting of Congressman Steve Scalise - Threats to others....

Any ideas? Eh, where is all of this headed?

From article:

It wasn't just Wednesday, and it wasn't just Republicans

Shortly after Wednesday's shooting, HuffPost reported Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-N.Y., received a threatening email reading, "Do you NOT expect this? When you take away ordinary peoples very lives in order to pay off the wealthiest among us, your own lives are forfeit. Certainly, your souls and morality were lost long before. Good riddance.”

But conservatives are not the only ones feeling threatened. Just this month, two Democratic political candidates withdrew from races citing fears for their safety.

Kim Weaver, who was running for Congress in Iowa against Republican Steve King, said in a Facebook post that she "received very alarming acts of intimidation, including death threats. While some may say enduring threats are just a part of running for office, my personal safety has increasingly become a concern.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ame/396731001/
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-17-17 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Any ideas? [I]Eh, where is all of this headed?

Something on the order of civil war I would imagine.

This should be a wake up call to those in Washington. Not only to the fact that they are physically vulnerable, but also that their performance has been so astonishingly disgraceful that some have actually decided to try to kill them.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; June-17-17 at 01:55 PM.

There ya go,easy enough,just shoot everybody that you do not agree with.

Kinda ironic that we do not like Russia or the thought of a dictatorship but like to follow that form of operation.

Not so much with the Bernie Sanders supporters on this site,who seem pretty level headed,but on social media they do seem to be more on the aggressive violence is the answer side.

They like to pump up the Dems,which to me it seems like they are useing them to push thier message.

Right out of the Stalin playbook of let them fight it out then when they are destroyed we come in and take power.
    Last edited by Richard; June-17-17 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Kinda ironic that we do not like Russia or the thought of a dictatorship but like to follow that form of operation.

Not so much with the Bernie Sanders supporters on this site,who seem pretty level headed,but on social media they do seem to be more on the aggressive violence is the answer side.

They like to pump up the Dems,which to me it seems like they are useing them to push thier message.

Right out of the Stalin playbook of let them fight it out then when they are destroyed we come in and take power.
    Any Bernie supporters advocating violence totally missed the message. That is not what Bernie is about. Here is Bernie's statement on the shootings:

https://youtu.be/b2qEjTH4w4g

All of the hate spewed during and after the election has mobilized the fringe nut cases on both sides. Social media has given an outlet to express feelings. Mainstream media has been divided into 2 camps and continue to demonize the opposition. The future looks dark.

Just a few weeks ago, Eric Trump said Democrats "aren't even people."

And let's not forget that during the Obama years, conservatives loved to talk about "Second Amendment Solutions."

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trum...ies-for-years/

"Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!"
    Judge Andrew Napolitano, Fox News host

And let's not forget the various Tea Party protests and gun rights rallies where people were openly carrying firearms and carrying signs that said things such as "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

And if you want to cite violence, I can easily cite you 10-20 examples since the election of terrorist plots and actual murders being committed by Right Wing white supremacists and I can very easily argue that these individuals were radicalized and heavily influenced by the inflammatory rhetoric and hate speech of Donald Trump and his supporters directed towards Muslims, gays, Hispanics, blacks and others.

Raw Story,the far left version of Breibart news,one that has been proven to publish fake news blogs and deletes opposing views from thier Hillary pep rally articles.

Seems kinda dictatorship or communistic when you only allow the views that you agree with.

I posted an observation but of course that is also not allowed along with opinions,and I actually never cited anything in that post.

The far right white supremacist actually have been doing thier thing for,what,100 years now,ever sense the democrats started it.

Radical Muslims kill you dead,Non radical Muslims do not.

So if the argument is,one does not like radical Muslims and prefers to live,taking sanctions against them is concidered racist then you are actually lumping all Muslims as radical.

So the far left prefers to lump all Muslims into the same group as radical.

Racist against Hispanics.

Illeagle immigration is illegal immigration Hispanic or not how does that become racist?

Somebody steals your car you would want to press charges,who gets to choose what laws they get to follow without repercussions?

I think it is racist against non Hispanics because they have to follow the law of the land based on thier ethnicity.

So empty the prisons until we have laws that apply to everybody in the country consistently.That sounds like the Democratic thing to do in all fairness.

Blacks,as you wrote,voted for President Trump also,why would they vote for somebody that they deemed racist?

In case you have not noticed President Trumps left ear is 3mm bigger then his right one,may be the Russians implanted a fake ear so they could get state secrets.
    Last edited by Richard; June-19-17 at 05:25 PM.

Were you drunk when you wrote that? Care to translate that into English for the rest of us?

The birth of our nation!

And what's the purpose of the 2nd Amendment again?