Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Is there an easy way to access "Hall Of Fame" threads?

I'm looking specifically for the 4 part discussion on the Fort Street Union Depot from December of 2005, but access to the HoF threads in general would be welcome.

At the bottom of the page, in the "DETROITYES NAVIGATION" block, click "Search DetroitYES." Type "Hall of Fame Thread" in the box then click Search.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or it didn't work. "Way back when"......that is before the forum updates, you could find the "Hall of Fame" stuff easily. I guess you can't now.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Either I'm doing something wrong, or it didn't work. "Way back when"......that is before the forum updates, you could find the "Hall of Fame" stuff easily. I guess you can't now.
    Okay. You might be referring to the previous forum whose Hall of Fame threads are listed here.

You might want to consider bookmarking that.

More specifically, you might be referring to [[but maybe not):

Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit's 2nd Train Terminal

That's the one....or 3 as it were. I find old threads fun to look through, and the HoF ones are classics. They probably should be easier to get to, if only 1) for their historic value and 2) to read posts by Fury 13 and others who may never appear again.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    That's the one....or 3 as it were. I find old threads fun to look through, and the HoF ones are classics. They probably should be easier to get to, if only 1) for their historic value and 2) to read posts by Fury 13 and others who may never appear again.
    Great. Just by mentioning them you're sure to have introduced them to others who didn't know they were there. We can all bookmark that HOF index for future reference.

And a big round of applause to Lowell for retaining that old forum. Not everyone would have done that. There are a lot of gems there.

The Soulful Detroit Forum has the same feature. Again, I like going through old threads to see where the forums have gone in the past.

DetroitNightLights Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Great. Just by mentioning them you're sure to have introduced them to others who didn't know they were there. We can all bookmark that HOF index for future reference.

And a big round of applause to Lowell for retaining that old forum. Not everyone would have done that. There are a lot of gems there.
    Thank you Lowell!

DetroitNightLights Guest

The Hall of Fame Threads are filled with a treasure trove of interesting things. Thanks again!