Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default It's the Economy Stupid

I know it's just a single data point, but:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/33...spot-for-trump

I thought if elected, the stock markets were going to crash and we're all going to die?

And world war 3 was going to start immediately.

6.5 million unemployed but 6 million currant job openings.

Wednesday is the official announcement but they are going to be ramping up the apprenticeship programs,for all the trades.

Private sponsors comixed with the university's,you can have all the education you want,and spell every word correctly but it means squat in the real world without actual hands on expirence.

Funny,about the time I registered for this site I was trying to do something similar with the local university and technology based rail and solar systems kinda like a joint effort bringing the research into actual production in the real world.

They pretty much told me to piss off,but yet here we are a few years later,actually implementing it.

Any economist worth his or her salt knows that it takes far more than six months for any presidential actions to affect the economy, except for fairly extreme measures such as the various bail outs.

Also, as anyone who pays attention knows, stock prices are not a real reflection of the overall economy and are not rational actors.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Any economist worth his or her salt knows that it takes far more than six months for any presidential actions to affect the economy, except for fairly extreme measures such as the various bail outs.

Also, as anyone who pays attention knows, stock prices are not a real reflection of the overall economy and are not rational actors.
    Yeah I know, This coal mine is from O's plans on green energy.
    https://tinyurl.com/ybrruplz

The coal industry, globally, has dropped in record numbers this year. that new hole in the ground would never have happened without a Penn state subsidy. It is just not the huge profit center it once was, and never will be again. Pushing coal today is like supporting buggy whip factories back in the 1940s.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    The coal industry, globally, has dropped in record numbers this year. that new hole in the ground would never have happened without a Penn state subsidy. It is just not the huge profit center it once was, and never will be again. Pushing coal today is like supporting buggy whip factories back in the 1940s.
    There will always be a fossil fuel industry. Even if the world scales down its energy usage or commits to renewable's, change over will take decades and late comers will use cheap fossil fuels to power their economy. Taking a trip out west 6yrs ago I was amazed to see all the coal trains heading east with all the coal plants closing or being converted to natural gas. When asked, a local told me it was being shipped overseas. So much for greening the planet.

This is a snapshot of my power bill.
    Name:  IMG_0595.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  61.5 KB

There are still buggy whip factories.

Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  49.9 KB

Sorry,do not know how to rotate on the phone.

less then 1% used on fuel but makes up almost 1/2 the cost of the bill.
    Last edited by Richard; June-19-17 at 01:08 PM.