Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lockerbie Bomber Freed and returned to Libya

Disgusting. He is allegedly terminally ill. Watch him go to Lourdes and get a miracle cure or, more likely, "die" in a faked death. Plastic surgeons get your scalpels ready. The only way he should have been returned to Libya was in a box of ashes, just like many of those he murdered, after he died in prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/...tain_lockerbie

Winners? Gadhafi and big oil.

Why is he still alive anyway, those were all innocent people's lives he took. He has no right to life!

Try as I might to be compassionate, I cannot. A girl I went to Cass Tech with, Diane Boatman, was on that plane. I cant forget and i cant forgive. Let him die in prison.

ccbatson Guest

Both sides see this release as flat wrong...for very good reason.

it is wrong...who could not agree...any human life lost is wrong in acts of violence is wrong...his release will set back Libya's journey back...

ccbatson Guest

Scottland released him...this says more about them then Libya.

We have our very own version of the Lockerbie Bomber living in Miami, FLA.
    His name is Luis Posada Carriles.
    He is seen as a hero by many of the Cuban American Fringe Lunatics [[aka Republicans) that live in Greater Miami.
    The city of Hialeah, FL gave him a public art show and hailed him as a hero.
    He is an ex-Cia employee, who is wanted in both Cuba and Venezuela for masterminding the bombing of Cubana Flight 455 in 1976. 73 people, [[including a group of high school students) died. and Posdada Carriles is also linked to other terrorist attacks in Cuba that killed Italian Tourists.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB218/index.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4558777.stm

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB153/

so if "freedom for terrorists" bothers you, write your lawmaker to ask that terrorists who reside in the US be prosecuted, or returned to countries where they are wanted for questioning or both.

Until we have a zero tolerance for terrorism at home, it is rather hypocritical to denounce terrorism abroad.
    Last edited by barnesfoto; August-26-09 at 12:52 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Is there any proof, or a confession? If not, there is no comparison to the Lockerbie bombing.

IRA: freedom fighters to some but to the English, terrorists Orangemen: defenders of england to some terrorists to others.
    King David Hotel: Begin et al...and a few others; heros to some-to the British folks...not heros.
    Hijacked Airliners: Arafat et al heros to some- terrorists to others... proof that terrorism wears many hats and is completely evil period.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Is there any proof, or a confession? If not, there is no comparison to the Lockerbie bombing.

far more than you have ever provided.

both of these people should be in jail for life. send the guy to VZ for a trial

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08...y5257753.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    And yet the Obama administration knew about it in advance and
    did not come out against it.
    I guess it took some press off Obama's failure in his administrations "I don't care welfare plan.

Did you read any of the links that barnesfoto provided?

"one mans terrorist is another freedom fighter" a qoute I heard once from a friend from Ireland..but in reality a terrorist is a terrorist even if they wear a suit and speak english. Governmental sponsored terrorism or ideologs..where does it stop and what lines do you draw in regards to their methos when their aftermath is the same.

ccbatson Guest

Possible intent, no direct evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    And yet the Obama administration knew about it in advance and
    did not come out against it.
    I guess it took some press off Obama's failure in his administrations "I don't care welfare plan.
    Just what planet do you live on 4real?

Anyone with at least a 3rd grade education knew that the Obama administration was against this from day one...

ccbatson Guest

It appears that Obama was against it from day 1...but I am not sure about days -1 and before when they were informed before the announcement was made more public.

Oh no, I'm melting, ooooohh, I'm melting, help me. I think it's because Bats and I are in approximate agreement on something. I don't know if I'm capable of admitting that I agree with Bats on even one little point. I think this guy should've stayed in jail. He was tried and convicted. What's compassionate about releasing a convicted terrorist? What does this say to the families of the victims? I'm actually more surprised at Lowell's reaction and comments. I never expected to hear such vitriol from Mr.Sunshine.

It appears that Obama was against it from day 1...but I am not sure about days -1 and before when they were informed before the announcement was made more public.
    You hate President Obama so much that you actually believe what you just wrote?

Come on Bats, I think you are blind to the Republican Party's sinister and evil motives, but I didn't think you were that naive.

BTW, barnesfoto makes a very good point. Thank you.