Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Motown the Musical at the Fisher

For a great trip down a Detroit musical memory lane Motown the Musical is off broadway and playing at Detroit at the Fisher. Saw it tonight. What a huge and wonderful legacy. I first arrived in Detroit in that era and those songs, about sixty of them in bits and pieces in the show, are simply indelible.

Name:  motown.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  28.7 KB

Great show - saw it when it came through Sacramento last May. Few weeks after we saw it PBS was running the Motown anniversary show during a pledge drive. My wife both thought "Wow - just like in the show".

How was the show? I don't envy the actors having to sing all those classics, and the inevitable comparison to the original singers, whom were some of the greatest of all time.