Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Climate March this Saturday at Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History

Hello!
    I didn't see a thread about this so forgive me if it's already been brought up, but there is a sister climate march this weekend to complement the one going on in DC. If anyone is interested it starts at noon Saturday the 29th at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History on 315 E. Warren.
    I believe this is an issue that impacts everyone, "red" or "blue" so I felt like I should try to get the word out.

Thank you.

Just to be clear, is this for those on the fringes who think "climate change" is real?

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Just to be clear, is this for those on the fringes who think "climate change" is real?
    Stop. Just stop.

Science, reason and fact are apparently only for "libtards". Thankfully our American Taliban leadership is doing its best to poison our air, water and land.

Whatever happened to the Republican party? When did it go from the Rockefeller Republican ideal to basically a party of inbred, fact-averse nuts?

Guessing sarcasm?

kinda like having a woman's rights march but only women that agree with what rights i want you to agree with can attend.

Although some are just causes all of these marches are starting to blend and lose their effectiveness,it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    kinda like having a woman's rights march but only women that agree with what rights i want you to agree with can attend.
    Yeah, why would a science march be for science and not fabricated fantasy? Unfair! And why would a woman's march be against trolling marchers trying to subjugate women? Boo!

Funny that the radical right are the biggest snowflakes around. Reality's a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Yeah, why would a science march be for science and not fabricated fantasy? Unfair! And why would a woman's march be against trolling marchers trying to subjugate women? Boo!

Funny that the radical right are the biggest snowflakes around. Reality's a bitch.

You are the only one here with two waaaaaaa posts so far.Snowflake

How do you decide on something based on scientific results when the scientists cannot even agree with each other.

The part that does not take any scientific proof is the fact that it is a climate change march ,if you believe in it then by all means join them with your support if you do not believe in it then hit up a strip joint or have a cup of coffee or a beer and support your local independent business and help them.

It really is not that complicated and to say that those that do not believe in your opinion is an inbred,well, that is just dumb.

How do you decide on something based on scientific results when the scientists cannot even agree with each other.
    If there were such a scenario, then there would be no scientific consensus, obviously.

But there is no such situation. Climate change is established scientific fact, embraced by essentially all climate scientists. Denial of climate change makes as much sense as believing in werewolves and Tinkerbell. It's like denying the earth is round or water is wet.

It really is not that complicated and to say that those that do not believe in your opinion is an inbred,well, that is just dumb.
    You're half right. It isn't really that complicated.

When it comes to science, do you believe the consensus by virtually every PhD climatologist on the planet, or do believe a bunch of lifelong lying grifters and scam artists preying on racist, easily duped trailer park idiots? I'll take the former.

If there were such a scenario, then there would be no scientific consensus, obviously.

But there is no such situation. Climate change is established scientific fact, embraced by essentially all climate scientists. Denial of climate change makes as much sense as believing in werewolves and Tinkerbell. It's like denying the earth is round or water is wet.

When it comes to science, do you believe the consensus by virtually every PhD climatologist on the planet, or do believe a bunch of lifelong lying grifters and scam artists preying on racist, easily duped trailer park idiots? I'll take the former.

PHD does not make an expert.

PHD climatologists = there is global warming.

Ivory salesman = Selling ivory is good for the economy.

They both get paid to push their views.

If you are a global warming expert and say that that there is no global warming,how long are you going to have a job? You just kinda talked yourself out of one.

Freon is bad for the ozone and is causeing global warming.

Or was it DuPont held the patent for freon,freon kills the ozone which breaks DuPont patent then all of the sudden the next day there are 50 companies selling freon and costing Americans millions as they are forced to convert over to "non ozone killing freon" .

All because somebody with a phd said it was killing the ozone.Higher ups loved it because they made hundreds of millions really fast.

If you have one made in China product in your house then you are not a global warming supporter because the emissions that one trip took to bring it into port is equal to the emissions put out by 50 million cars,yes that one trip one way.

Now trace the path from the port to the store.

15 of the worlds largest container ships emit sulfur oxides equal to 760 million cars.

We do not go to war that costs American lives to protect oil interests in Saudi Arabia why? because 85% of Saudi Arabia crude goes directly to the shipping industry.

We go to war that costs American lives in order to protect the shipping industry so we can buy cheap goods.

So now you take it from inbred to trailer parks,thank you for diligently helping to put President Trump in office you have done your job well.

I actually only replied because I nothing better to do for a few seconds.
    Last edited by Richard; April-28-17 at 08:06 PM.

PHD does not make an expert.
    Yeah, it pretty much does.

Just going to leave this here since some people think that climate scientists are out there raking in the big bucks and propping up cushy jobs through their research...

"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2012 the median annual salary for atmospheric scientists including climatologists was $89,260 with a salary range between $49,120, and $134,730."

I wonder what those big fossil fuel companies are pulling in who might be motivated to kill the climate discussion and green jobs... hmmmm.

Top Obama Official Squeals: ‘We Faked Climate Change Data’
    April 26, 2017 Baxter Dmitry

Officials from the Obama White House are starting to speak out against the corrupt administration now that it is safe to come forward. It’s about time!

The most recent official to come forward is Steven Koonin, the former Undersecretary of the Department of Energy. He is accusing President Obama of fabricating scientific evidence proving “climate change”.
    “What you saw coming out of the press releases about climate data, climate analysis, was, I’d say, misleading, sometimes just wrong,” Koonin told the Wall Street Journal.
    According to Koonin, multiple departments responsible for environmental science either misrepresented data or completely fabricated results to justify the policies of the Obama administration.
    Scientists at NASA and the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration [[NOAA) colluded with press officers to create misleading press releases that supported the former president’s agenda.
    Koonin isn’t the only Obama-era official claiming wrongdoing by the Obama administration. Retired principle climate scientist Dr. John Bates testified before a House Committee in February claiming that the NOAA was manipulating data.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Top Obama Official Squeals: ‘We Faked Climate Change Data’
    April 26, 2017 Baxter Dmitry

Officials from the Obama White House are starting to speak out against the corrupt administration now that it is safe to come forward. It’s about time!

The most recent official to come forward is Steven Koonin, the former Undersecretary of the Department of Energy. He is accusing President Obama of fabricating scientific evidence proving “climate change”.
    “What you saw coming out of the press releases about climate data, climate analysis, was, I’d say, misleading, sometimes just wrong,” Koonin told the Wall Street Journal.
    According to Koonin, multiple departments responsible for environmental science either misrepresented data or completely fabricated results to justify the policies of the Obama administration.
    Scientists at NASA and the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration [[NOAA) colluded with press officers to create misleading press releases that supported the former president’s agenda.
    Koonin isn’t the only Obama-era official claiming wrongdoing by the Obama administration. Retired principle climate scientist Dr. John Bates testified before a House Committee in February claiming that the NOAA was manipulating data.
    I followed the link @ the end of your article, CTG, and I found this article by Baxter Dmitry even more disturbing:

http://yournewswire.com/north-korea-nuclear-children/8
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-29-17 at 01:33 PM.

Oh, well I definitely believe the 3% of scientists who are paid by oil companies and billionaires to shill for them. ��
    I'd like to see some stats on how much coverage the corporate media is giving Trump's first 100 days vs. the amount of coverage it gives the climate march.

Science, reason and fact are apparently only for "libtards". Thankfully our American Taliban leadership is doing its best to poison our air, water and land.

Whatever happened to the Republican party? When did it go from the Rockefeller Republican ideal to basically a party of inbred, fact-averse nuts?
    Fighting name calling with more name calling only further cheapens the debate. One ought to attack the argument, not the people doing the arguing.

...snip...Climate change is established scientific fact, embraced by essentially all climate scientists. Denial of climate change makes as much sense as believing in werewolves and Tinkerbell. It's like denying the earth is round or water is wet.

For most issues today, we have a problem agreeing on definitions. Are we discussing 'climate change' or 'global warming'. Are we discussion models or facts.

A lot of the debate about 'settled science' is based on shaky ground. So the majority of a sample of scientists think that global warming is real. Does this mean we should stop fracking and install solar panels? Does this mean we should tax carbon, and give money to the government to fund Universal Basic Income?

I happen to believe that the scientists are right. There is evidence of man-made global warming.

I also believe that the climate-modelling is inaccurate. And believe that there's little evidence that a warming climate is sure to have caused more or less rainfall or cracking of ice in some remote corner of the world. And I further believe that we don't know enough about what may be happening to go crazy and start taking dramatic action to 'save the planet'.

We all want to save the planet. We just don't agree on the scale of this threat, and whether dramatic action needs to be taken today. Maybe its better to keep our growth trajectory and rely on future reductions in emissions. We have proven history of success -- why mortgage the farm against a possible future problem that we can avoid?

So let's agree to start reducing CO2 where we can, and keep our eye on things. But let's not go crazy and assume that some debatable degree of global warming is going to cause climate change and kill us all on Wednesday if we don't stop using oil yesterday.

So as to Detroit -- this has nothing much to do with Detroit except that some folks want to march for action. Let them march. I think they're wrong to focus so much on 'climate change', but I applaud their energy and respect their right to be deluded by group-think.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; April-29-17 at 01:54 PM. Reason: tied to Detroit in last paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Just going to leave this here since some people think that climate scientists are out there raking in the big bucks and propping up cushy jobs through their research...

"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2012 the median annual salary for atmospheric scientists including climatologists was $89,260 with a salary range between $49,120, and $134,730."

I wonder what those big fossil fuel companies are pulling in who might be motivated to kill the climate discussion and green jobs... hmmmm.

I think that like everything else in this country that requires research in anything there is funding involved,when there is funding involved, politics become involved and the need to retain the funding stream.

You can have the smartest people in the world working under you but is is detrimental to your existence to find a solution.That is on both sides.

If you have a PHD in Theology can you convince an Atheist strictly because you have a PHD and considered an expert?

I do not have a PHD in anything and probably not even considered close to being the smartest cookie in the box.

What I do have is a lot on an island in the Gulf Of Mexico and with a budget of $5 a ruler and a thermometer I have discovered in 10 years,

The tide comes in and the tide goes out.
    The weekly temperature rises and it falls and really has not changed much on the average from the 1950s.
    The yearly sea levels rise and it falls usually a variance of about 1/2 inch at best.

So my concern about Florida being under water due to climate change is minimal.

I agree we do need to be complacent in the way we deal with the environment as it seems to me anyways when man decides to mess with the natural nature of things in the past, bad results happen.

Change the course of a river and find out 40 years later it was not such a good idea.
    Of course at the time experts said it was a good thing to do.

Dam a river to provide power with no concern with the thousands of residents below,it goes on and on.

I think we need to be aware of our impact in this earth and work towards leaving it in a better place for future generations.

My only gripe is the millions and millions of people that believe in climate change,which is their right if they practice and support what they believe in without placing the insane restrictions of those who do not believe in it.

I do not put much stock in believers that .....

Do not also support mass transit to reduce emissions.

Live 30 miles from their job spending lots of time and burning emissions sitting in traffic.

Like I mentioned in above post buy products that have to travel 5000 miles in ships that have no restrictions on emissions,if they actually placed restrictions on those emissions then one would not be able to buy them cheap,so they conveniently look the other way.But lobby against blood diamonds which most cannot afford anyways so it would have had zero impact in their life.

Push to pass restrictive regulations based on climate change that may or may not effect the singular person.

Example: To reduce co the EPA says it is illegal to sell a house with a wood burning fireplace built before 2012 that has not been decommissioned.

Want to have a romantic evening with your significant other snuggled up next to a warm fireplace on a cold winters night in your restored vintage house,be careful,you can now be arrested for that.

Borderline insanity results.

The Freon fiasco based on climate change cost the average homeowner between $6000 to$12,000 in having their A/C systems changed out verses repaired.

How many owned cars back then and were given a choice of no A/C or spending hundreds to retrofit to 134A .

It is okay to have a cause to believe in but when decisions are made that cost consumers hundreds of millions of dollars it becomes sketchy.

If one wants to support climate change as portrayed by the experts,by all means have at it,but practice what you preach and do not get upset when your support for something effects others detrimentally,because it is also their right not to live in a bubble.
    Last edited by Richard; April-29-17 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Oh, well I definitely believe the 3% of scientists who are paid by oil companies and billionaires to shill for them. ��
    Exactly. The only professors raking it in for their opinion on climate change are the handful running amok in funding from polluters to cast doubt about it. Shame on them.

Work of prominent climate change denier was funded by energy industry
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nergy-industry

Deeper Ties to Corporate Cash for Doubtful Climate Researcher
    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/u...Hock-Soon.html

U. of Delaware Refuses to Disclose Funding Sources of Its Climate Contrarian
    https://insideclimatenews.org/news/1...ate-contrarian

Delaware professor caught in climate change controversy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ersy/24090273/

Greenpeace exposes sceptics hired to cast doubt on climate science
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...limate-science

Not Just the Koch Brothers: New Drexel Study Reveals Funders Behind the Climate Change Denial Effort
    http://drexel.edu/now/archive/2013/December/Climate-Change/

I encourage you to march Detroit. But don't stop there. It would be a lot more effective to call your representatives, send them a post card, write them an email, organize voter registration, and work to replace the climate change deniers in office with people who support science, not their campaign donors.
    Last edited by bust; April-29-17 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I encourage you to march Detroit. But don't stop there. It would be a lot more effective to call your representatives, send them a post card, write them an email, organize voter registration, and work to replace the climate change deniers in office with people who support science, not their campaign donors.

That is why we are where we are at today,instead of working toward solutions we devote energy to change the system so the like minded rule in order to force what we believe in on those who do not wish to comply.

Kinda like a dictatorship.

If climate change experts are unable to convince the majority, maybe they need to rethink their approach verses forceful compliance.

I don't care at all about what you think of believers. Someone using mass transit or not doesn't change the facts of climate science. Your arguments and logic, or lack there of, are asinine. This isn't some theology you can discuss, you are denying proven facts and data and siding with the other lunatics who are in denial.

[ATTACH]33261[/ATTACH

If climate change experts are unable to convince the majority, maybe they need to rethink their approach verses forceful compliance.
    You were saying?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't care at all about what you think of believers. Someone using mass transit or not doesn't change the facts of climate science. Your arguments and logic, or lack there of, are asinine. This isn't some theology you can discuss, you are denying proven facts and data and siding with the other lunatics who are in denial.

You must care because you responded.

It does not matter if people care about climate change,if they are unwilling to adapt their own personal lives or support things that effect it without catering to the few big business that profit from it then all of the caring about it in the world means nothing.

The process of having to stoop to the level of calling people names shows a lack of confidence in ones beliefs,kinda like a scolded child stomping their foot because they do not get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    You were saying?

Well,that is simple enough then, if 70% believe and are following through with the passion of their beliefs then why are we even having this discussion as surly the remaining 30% would probably have the CO impact of a couple of large cities at best.

Or are we saying even though 70% believe only 20% care enough to alter their lifestyle to change it,or feels it needs to be addressed but it is not that big of an issue.

...snip...This isn't some theology you can discuss, you are denying proven facts and data and siding with the other lunatics who are in denial.
    If you're interested in a rational debate, you might read this new op-ed columnist in the Times: Climate of Complete Certainty

Southen... please take a read and give me your thoughts. It think it presents ideas worth considering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast