Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default "New" GM versus old GM ploy failed miserably

GM attempted to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.
    The catch, many saw right thru this bizarre tactic.

The "new" GM is still on the hook- and will have pay Billions $$$$

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...gnition-claims

I have an effected Saturn Ion. Before I had the recall work done I remember driving in downtown Detroit a few times, hitting a pothole, and having my car turn off. Also, I could start my car, and while the key was in the RUN position, I could remove it.

This old vs new always amused me. How can you seriously act like it wasn't your fault and just use the "old company" excuse. Only in todays society!!!

Bob Lutz freely admits - the "hider" technique that GM used on interiors, where the corners of adjacent plastic pieces were rounded off so customers wouldn't notice if they were misaligned. The other was a specification that GM paint be purposely dulled down so it wouldn't show dust in the finish and other defects.

You can only fool some people, some of the time. Others catch on quick.