Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Did Rockport pull out of Detroit?

If so does anyone know of an equivalent brand?

I noticed the shops at Fairlane and Oakland closed at the same time a few months ago.

I don't live on the eastside anymore but Eastland and every other store on their locator on the websit etheir isn't picking up or disconnected.

That sucks because I have bad/wide feet and need to actually try shoes on rather than blind buying.

Try Allen Edmonds. They have several styles made in USA
    https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/

I second the Allen Edmonds suggestion. I've found their sizes to be very consistent from model to model, so much so that after buying the first pair in person I've always just bought online.

While I have an affection for Allen Edmonds, I don't place Rockports in the same class of shoe.
    Starting with price point.

Macy's and Nordstrom both carry Rockport shoes. Amazon sells them on line.

Try shopping at Hershey's Shoes. They specialize in hard to fit feet.

Also, here is a store locator for Rockport. Obviously it makes sense to call the store before heading over as things seem to be in a state of flux.

http://www.rockport.com/find-a-store
    Last edited by gazhekwe; April-11-17 at 07:42 AM.