Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hi Supersport, and so many others who I've gotten to know online over the years.... sad isn't it that we only get together for funerals...

Wow, I didn't know that Monahan568 has also passed away. We've lost so many gentle souls we've gotten to know... and learned from....

Hector Berlioz [[I have no idea who he is)... once said in 1856... "Time is a great teacher... but unfortunately it kills all its students..."

I am shocked and saddened. Gannon had some very entertaining posts and I will miss them and him sincerely. Condolences to his family and friends. He will truly be missed.

Gannon and I have mutual friends in Detroit. I only chatted with him online and via cell-phone text messages. Yes, he loved Detroit and was a fabulous guy. We had similar interests. Detroit needs every good person it can find. Will there be some sort of public memorial gathering?

This is breaking my heart. I love you John, where ever you are. You know all the secrets of the universe now. I am proud to have been one of your friends. Please tell Matthew I said "hey".

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    You know all the secrets of the universe now.
    I have been thinking this exact thing. So many secrets to explore. Somehow, I can't see you in any other mode than questing, seeking, excited to learn so much. Life on the other side will be exciting. We will miss your sharing that excitement. I'm so SO glad we had you in our loves for the time we did.

So sorry to hear this. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace John.

Gannon's passing is such a huge, heartbreaking loss. He was one of the long-time, consistent contributors to this forum. He was a one-of-a-kind individual.

I met him and Gnome downtown once about 10 years ago. Both stand-up individuals. I will sincerely miss his contributions to this forum., and condolences to his family.

This forum won't be the same without him!!!!
    Last edited by masterblaster; April-12-17 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Additional thought

I don't get on here as much lately but just checked in and am stunned to see this. No Words. I echo everyones sentiments. A huge loss. Prayers are with him.

Downriviera

Hi Stromberg-

Of course I remember that day very vividly! We really had a great time despite my locking my keys in the car. Gannon and Christine came through for me that day, and it is something I will always remember.

Thanks for the jog! Hope you are doing well!

Res

I have not been on line for some time, but am so sorry to hear this news. I totally enjoyed Gannon's perspective. He truly will be missed. May he rest in peace.

On the way back from the hospital I stopped by the Georgia Street Garden to spill a 40 for Gannon.

I met up with Cub and we took turns pouring out a big ass cup of Gannon's favorite beverage: coffee. We were laughing and telling each other Gannon tales, then we started to cry for our friend and for ourselves.

I must apologize though, the coffee was Starbucks and John didn't trust anything as all-powerful as a corporation.

Cheers.

13. Default

Terrible, terrible news. Supersport just told me about this earlier this morning. While I don't get around here very often these days, I have made some very good friends on here who I talk with often enough but don't see as often as I'd like. I last ran into Gannon in line for breakfast at Zeff's in Eastern Market several years back. He'll be missed.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

My thoughts and prayers for the friends and family of Gannon... his sharp wit and contributions will be missed...

I just heard the news. I've been away from the forum for, well, awhile but knew Gannon off-line. He was - without any doubt - one of the most amazing people that I've ever met in my life.

I learned so much from him - about life and living. He was, after all, more alive than anyone I have ever met.

I will miss him so very much.

John.... from so many......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just proof of how great of a person John was, so many names I haven't seen in so long here to pay their respects. Between Gannon, Itsjeff, Psip and Django [[I am sure there are others that are escaping me at the moment) we have lost some amazing people here. The forum won't be the same with out him.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Just proof of how great of a person John was, so many names I haven't seen in so long here to pay their respects. Between Gannon, Itsjeff, Psip and Django [[I am sure there are others that are escaping me at the moment) we have lost some amazing people here. The forum won't be the same with out him.
    Ravine December 5, 2014

Sumas and Ronaldj June 5 and July 20, 2015

Eriedearie November 24, 2016 per Cub's post in the Member Check-in thread in Connections

Monahan568 late 2016/early 2017

Sad to note so many passings, but gratifying to see the outpouring of love and appreciation for each and every one!! We are just like family...even if we don't see or talk to each other often, we are still thinking about those among us! I always appreciate running into folks at events and places around the D, or getting the occasional email or text.

Damn....

Such sad news. I brings back memories from my father's episode. He had an asthma attack and was hospitalized for several weeks. He was kept in a coma for two weeks. After he woke up and lost two weeks of time he was unable to speak due to the massive amounts of tubes on his body. I counted eleven....

Never have I seen him so scared in his eyes. Unable to speak, unable to communicate due to the after effects of sedation, unable to control the movements in his body.

My dad pulled through and is alive and well thanks to the excellent care of the MCL Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. Thankful he still can enjoy his grandchildren.

Gannon didn't pull though. So sad for his family and other relatives and anyone who knew him personally. A loss to the forum and Detroit.

Farewell.

W.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Dave [old forum] my closest childhood friend. Dec 15, 2007

Stunned.....RIP John Gannon.

We also lost Bobj in 2009, one of the theatre tour guides, and a member here.

And lest we forget, we also lost Detroitplanner circa early 2015.

Here's an old thread that mirrors our feelings of loss.....
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...olby-[[ItsJeff)

http://www.detroityes.com/webisodes/...Jeff-54650.jpg
    Last edited by Gistok; April-13-17 at 07:06 PM.

More tears...amid the wonderful memories of Jeff and Gannon and so many others--some gone, but many still present here and around the D--who touched our lives in some meaningful way.

Thanks, Gistok, for the link!

Gannon is now the second person in a month I've heard of to die of an asthma attack. The first one was a 10 year old. It's horrible, and terrifying, especially for those us of with allergies and asthma ourselves or have friends/family with allergies and asthma.

I'll keep his family in my thoughts - especially his child. How awful for them all.

Now, at least, he finally found out what was causing the hum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast