Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Thoughts and Prayers for Gannon + Memorial on Belle Isle Thu. Jul. 27

Update: A memorial for Gannon will be held on Belle Isle Thursday, July 27. Details here

====================
    It is with great sadness that I report that we are on the verge of losing Gannon, one of our outstanding and most colorful members of our online family. John has suffered irreparable damage from an asthmatic attack. I have received the following from someone close to him.

"John won't be pulling through, it's just a matter of time now. His brain lost oxygen and can't recover. His organs will be donated once his body is ready and then a memorial service will be planned. I will have more information during the week. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers."

He is in my thoughts and prayers as I am sure he will be in yours.

!!!!!!!!!
    Horrible news--
    what were the circumstances?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    !!!!!!!!!
    Horrible news--
    what were the circumstances?!
    It was the result of oxygen starvation due to an asthmatic attack.

Damn! I was just thinking about him the other day. I always liked his posts. He was someone I always had a good dialogue with.

I'm in shock, I feel so bad for his significant other and daughter, IIRC.

This is very sad, he's a respected member of this community. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I met him once and he seemed like an upstanding guy. I wish him and his family peace during this time.

Sigh. It seems like good news is few and far between, but darkness is around daily. I'm deeply saddened, and remember several delightful exchanges between he and I.

I'm speechless. What a loss. Always a sweet guy the times I met him.

Prayers for him and his family.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way, my online friend.

Sadly, the last time I saw him was at Django's memorial service at the Old Miami. Rest In Power, Gannon.

That just sucks ! I officially re-name the hum as 'The Gannon Effect'. Happy trails John....your journey is just beginning.

How sad. RIP fellow Detroit lover. Prayers for you and your family.

I am saddened to hear this news. While I have been more and less active during the past 10+ years in the forum, Gannon has largely been a constant, and his unique character will be greatly missed.

Heart breaking. Condolences to loved ones. He will be missed.
    We are all given just a short time, folks, let's use it to accomplish something good.
    Peace to all.

Very sad to learn of this news. Though I never met him in person, his online presence was a welcome friend. Condolences to the family.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Oh my God. This is horrible news. Gannon was such a wonderful person. I had the pleasure to meet him several times at picnics and forum get-togethers, he will be greatly missed.

I don't know him but wish him and his family prayers. I've seen the name on here for years.

Truly awful tragic news. He has always been one of the very best on this forum. Condolences to his loved ones.

so very sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    so very sad to hear.
    Inevitable in the long term yet, yes, very sad. There are - I don't know, a few hundred to a few thousand of us - sitting at the controls of this telegraph machine tapping on the keys from time to time - and in a community of that size, it is inevitable that from time to time one or another key goes silent.

Treasure those you have and fondly remember those you no longer have, and make the most of this brief journey.

I didn't know him but I enjoyed his posts.

No one is promised tomorrow.

Our prayers are with him and his family.

Such sad news. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast