Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sad and Shocking News about our Friend Gannon

Update: Memorial for Gannon will be held on Belle Isle Thursday July 27, 2017 - More details here on the main forum.

============================
    I am posting this message from Gannon's Facebook page, an update on his condition from his sister.

Update onJohn Gannon: I want to update everyone on my brotherJohn. It is not the news we wanted. He suffered the asthma attack on Tuesday and collapsed at home. Without going into the whole story I can just say that his brain suffered from the loss of oxygen and he is basically gone. His body is here but theJohn we all knew is gone. We are working things out with gift of life so that he can save others. It has been a very difficult day of heart wrenching decisions. Thank you to each and every one of you for the prayers and messages. I will update with details later this week. Thank you so much from theGannon family. �� TerriGannonLegel

Seeing this after I posted a thread on the main forum.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ers-for-Gannon
    Eventually we will merge the two over here.

Thank you, Lowell. Your thread got the notice Gannon deserves. He was just about the alivest person I know. He will leave a big hole in our world when he goes.

Sad news about Gannon. I don't post often, but I've enjoyed reading his posts through the years.