Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Borat in Warren

Default Borat in Warren

Mayor Fouts failed to mention in his Facebook post the bottle of Gypsy tears found at the crime scene...

Royal Oak police chief criticizes Warren mayor for comments on fatal house fire
    http://www.dailytribune.com/general-...tal-house-fire

Fouts is a lunatic.

Fouts is another one that makes me wonder if they are mentally compromised without a diagnosis, just an enormous a**, or some combination of the two not yet fully understood.

Detroit: "When it comes to crackpot mayors in our history, we'll never be topped!"

Warren: "Hold my beer."

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Detroit: "When it comes to crackpot mayors in our history, we'll never be topped!"

Nothing will ever compare with Thug Kwame and his antics. He raped, robbed, pillaged, and probably murdered while Detroit was under his control. You could never compare Fouts with him in a million years. At least Fouts gets things done in Warren, which is more than I can say for some Detroit mayors. I don't like what Fouts said at all, but at least he's not stealing from the residents. Hopefully when he's thrown out of office, we won't get a mayor that uses Kwame as his mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Nothing will ever compare with Thug Kwame and his antics. He raped, robbed, pillaged, and probably murdered while Detroit was under his control. You could never compare Fouts with him in a million years.
    Kwame did none of this, except for the corruption. And, while he was obviously a bad mayor, Kwame actually got stuff done and was a strong ambassador for the city, with good relationships with the business community and larger region. I don't see how Fouts, who is a carnival clown, is any better.

Is there something in the water in Macomb lately? The county of Reagan Democrats has recently gone of the deep end, apparently. Blue collar auto workers in Macomb overwhelmingly voting for Trump? The guy who has basically promised to destroy the global auto industry and to kill the working class in favor of the elite? Electing carnival clowns at the county and municipal level? WTF is going on east of Dequindre?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Kwame did none of this, except for the corruption. And, while he was obviously a bad mayor, Kwame actually got stuff done and was a strong ambassador for the city, with good relationships with the business community and larger region. I don't see how Fouts, who is a carnival clown, is any better.

Is there something in the water in Macomb lately? The county of Reagan Democrats has recently gone of the deep end, apparently. Blue collar auto workers in Macomb overwhelmingly voting for Trump? The guy who has basically promised to destroy the global auto industry and to kill the working class in favor of the elite? Electing carnival clowns at the county and municipal level? WTF is going on east of Dequindre?
    Ironic how different one election outcome is when you lose and how it changes your opinion of people.

For many years on this forum, you couldn't champion Macomb Township and South Lyon as the perfect models of what excellent economic growth in Metro Detroit should be like any harder, then slam everything about the City of Detroit declaring it "dead."

Now Kwame was a "got stuff done" leader with a little corruption problem and there isn't an insult yet invented strong enough for anywhere or anyone that voted Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Ironic how different one election outcome is when you lose and how it changes your opinion of people.

For many years on this forum, you couldn't champion Macomb Township and South Lyon as the perfect models of what excellent economic growth in Metro Detroit should be like any harder, then slam everything about the City of Detroit declaring it "dead."
    No, I never did any of this. I have always thought that Macomb county sucked, especially in terms of planning. You couldn't pay me to live in Macomb Twp.

And you're conflating all sorts of unrelated things, as if there's some logical inconsistency between skepticism around Detroit's revival and opposition to a racist, lying, traitorous scumbag occupying the White House.
    Now Kwame was a "got stuff done" leader with a little corruption problem and there isn't an insult yet invented strong enough for anywhere or anyone that voted Trump.
    Kwame is like 1000x better that Trump. I mean, not even remotely comparable. Kwame was corrupt and is being punished. Trump is corrupt plus about a billion things much worse, and he isn't sitting in prison, he's in the White House, threatening to destroy the country and planet.

What's in your Kool Aid? Carnival Clown??? Have you watched some of the politicians in Detroit lately? Have you read about Conyers?

Thug Kwame ran Detroit into the ground. He stole so much from you and probably has enough stashed in off shore accounts to keep his family comfortable and get the boys college educated and still have money leftover. He did pillage. He did many unsavory things, without consent, and in my book, that's rape. There's still the question of Strawberry that has been left open and will probably never be solved. Fouts, foul mouthed as he is accused of, has not done one thing even close to what Kwame did. He has improved the quality of life in Warren. He's kept our police and fire departments staffed and ready to go. Detroit, for its wonderful police and fire departments, is still below quality.
    I imagine if Kwame came back to town and ran for office, you'd vote for him in a second!
    Seems like some residents of Detroit never learn.

The difference between corruption in Detroit [[and other suburbs) and Warren is that when there's corruption or scandal in Warren no one hears about it because the press basically doesn't exist there. It's also not a place where politically ambitious people run for office so there's not much political incentive for them to get the dirt on their opponents. And the politicians don't really have the political/media skills to spread the dirt around anyway. The more you pay attention to suburban local politics the more you find that most of them shouldn't be in charge of anything either.

Secondly, is Fouts actually responsible for the quality of life in Warren? Is the police department functional because of Fouts's ingenuity or is it because Warren has enough of a tax base that it can fund them? What has Fouts done to reverse Warren's decline? Is there anything particularly good about Warren in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The difference between corruption in Detroit [[and other suburbs) and Warren is that when there's corruption or scandal in Warren no one hears about it because the press basically doesn't exist there. It's also not a place where politically ambitious people run for office so there's not much political incentive for them to get the dirt on their opponents. And the politicians don't really have the political/media skills to spread the dirt around anyway. The more you pay attention to suburban local politics the more you find that most of them shouldn't be in charge of anything either.

Secondly, is Fouts actually responsible for the quality of life in Warren? Is the police department functional because of Fouts's ingenuity or is it because Warren has enough of a tax base that it can fund them? What has Fouts done to reverse Warren's decline? Is there anything particularly good about Warren in the first place?
    True true.-I've always propounded the understanding that crime that happens in the suburbs gets no where near the proportional or fair exposure in the media as crime reported in the city [[which many police friends of my family can attest does happen and does go under-reported). Warren is exactly the kind of city I keep in mind when stating this.
    Last edited by G-DDT; March-24-17 at 04:59 PM.

What's in your Kool Aid? Carnival Clown??? Have you watched some of the politicians in Detroit lately? Have you read about Conyers?
    What has Conyers done that is even 1% as bad as the current President?

Thug Kwame ran Detroit into the ground.
    Putting aside the racist thug comment, the idea that Detroit wasn't run aground until 2002, when Kwame came into office, is both hilarious and dumb.

I imagine if Kwame came back to town and ran for office, you'd vote for him in a second!

Seems like some residents of Detroit never learn.
    Putting aside the fact I've never even lived in Detroit, my saying that someone is not quite as odious as Trump does not mean I would ever vote for them.

Syphilis is much better than brain cancer but I'm not voting for syphilis.

What has Conyers done that is even 1% as bad as the current President?

Putting aside the racist thug comment, the idea that Detroit wasn't run aground until 2002, when Kwame came into office, is both hilarious and dumb.

Putting aside the fact I've never even lived in Detroit, my saying that someone is not quite as odious as Trump does not mean I would ever vote for them.

Syphilis is much better than brain cancer but I'm not voting for syphilis.
    "Putting aside the racist thug comment, the idea that Detroit wasn't run aground until 2002, when Kwame came into office, is both hilarious and dumb."

That didn't take long to bring race into the mix, did it? Thugs come in all colors.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Ivanka's office in the White House from which to peddle the latest handbag at the next photo-op. Kwame Small-Potatoes, I say... Nepotism times a hundred thousand, I say.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Is there anything particularly good about Warren in the first place?
    Other than being lucky enough to house TACOM and GM's global engineering HQ?

Not really. There's a reason the town has earned the nickname Warrentucky.
    Last edited by 313WX; March-26-17 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Other than being lucky enough to house TACOM and GM's global engineering HQ?

Not really. There's a reason the town has earned the nickname Warrentucky.
    Never heard Warrentucky before. Also, other than those two very powerful companies providing jobs and taxes mentioned above, If you want good schools, great teachers, good, affordable housing, nice parks, a terrific police department, a terrific fire department, excellent EMS service, a wonderful hospital, quiet, safe neighborhoods, etc., then Warren would be a good choice.
    I would still be in Detroit now if crime haven't chased us out. I love what Detroit used to be, but hate what it became. It's making a resurgence, but I'll be long gone before it is complete.

Never heard Warrentucky before. Also, other than those two very powerful companies providing jobs and taxes mentioned above, If you want good schools, great teachers, good, affordable housing, nice parks, a terrific police department, a terrific fire department, excellent EMS service, a wonderful hospital, quiet, safe neighborhoods, etc., then Warren would be a good choice.
    Warren's schools range from mediocre to terrible.

I'm also high skeptical that Warren has better parks, healthcare, safety and services than other Metro Detroit communities. There are no major hospitals, no well-known parks, and there's plenty of crime.

It is cheap, though. You generally get what you pay for. Warren south of the freeway is pretty terrible, and the housing costs certainly reflect this.
    Last edited by Bham1982; March-26-17 at 02:05 PM.

I'm also high skeptical that Warren has better parks, healthcare, safety and services than other Metro Detroit communities. There are no major hospitals, no well-known parks, and there's plenty of crime.

It is cheap, though. You generally get what you pay for. Warren south of the freeway is pretty terrible, and the housing costs certainly reflect this.
    Southern Warren is turning into a crap load of rental housing and like you said:

"It isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with being a renter. The wealthiest cities in the U.S. tend to have the lowest homeownership rates, and more renter-oriented metros tend to have more mobile workforces and dynamic economies."

All that good stuff is on its way to Warren like it's working good in the neighborhoods of Detroit. Good Schools, Nice Parks, low crime... Do I have it right this time?

Southern Warren is turning into a crap load of rental housing and like you said:

"It isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with being a renter. The wealthiest cities in the U.S. tend to have the lowest homeownership rates, and more renter-oriented metros tend to have more mobile workforces and dynamic economies."

All that good stuff is on its way to Warren like it's working good in the neighborhoods of Detroit. Good Schools, Nice Parks, low crime... Do I have it right this time?
    Considering that A. Warren has a high homeownership rate, and B. Acknowledgement of Warren's decline has no relationship to to denying Detroit's decline, I have no idea what any of this means.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not saying Warren is better than other metro Detroit communities, I'm saying it's just as good. I've lived in Warren 14 years and have never had a crime issue at my home, or in my neighborhood. Warren Schools are very good, having known many teachers and coaches, and having two grandchildren attending or graduated from Warren Schools. Macomb College is at 12 Mile, in Warren. A new extension of Wayne State is across the street on 12 Mile, in Warren. St. John Hospital is at Hoover and 12 Mile, in Warren. Maybe no "well-known" parks, but parks where a family or one person can go to without fear of being mugged or approached by gangs who don't like your color or the way you looked at them. There is crime, most of it is in South Warren, just across 8 Mile.
    Housing is not cheap in Warren. There have been three homes sold in my neighborhood within the last year that went for $170,000 to $180,000, I would say that's above average in this area. All cities have "bad" areas. I'd like to know where you live to be such an expert on a town that you know nothing about that I can see.